A Couple Starting Questions (Mino Dungeon and Torches etc)

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Hey all,

I'm enjoying exploring testing the Alpha (or are we in Beta now?). Started in Bakti, which was great just to get some player interaction, practiced combat with friends, hunted Springboks then re-spawned up in Fabernum and used one of the maps posted in this forum to get to Fabernum tower and east into the mountains. I have a few initial questions that I haven't been able to figure out so far, any help would be appreciated!
  1. Where do you get torches consistently? I was given one a couple times and found one in a box in Fabernum. Is there a more consistent place to make/get them?
  2. How do you get into the Mino Dungeon? As mentioned I went east from Fabernum and got to a sort of mountain range, with a very tall snowy mountain to my north. Is the entrance very obvious and/or any landmarks or general guides to get there? Is it worth exploring?
  3. How do ya'll navigate/what do you do in the middle of the night? (9pm to 3am?) I love that it's realistic that the middle of the night away from people is VERY dark (especially because I dig stealth), but the torch light does very little out in nature and it seems very challenging to navigate at all or see where you are. Again, realistic, but is it meant to be that 25% of gametime will be "down time" where people just stay in cities and hang out? We sleep in real life during that time for a reason, but no way to skip it in-game.
  4. Any other "cool" stuff ya'll have found to do/check out in this phase of the game while we're waiting for more world content? A friend and I have been sort of exploring the game as duo and it'd be nice to have more stuff to occupy us in addition to just dueling random people in Bakti.
Thanks!

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Hey all,

I'm enjoying exploring testing the Alpha (or are we in Beta now?). Started in Bakti, which was great just to get some player interaction, practiced combat with friends, hunted Springboks then re-spawned up in Fabernum and used one of the maps posted in this forum to get to Fabernum tower and east into the mountains. I have a few initial questions that I haven't been able to figure out so far, any help would be appreciated!
  1. Where do you get torches consistently? I was given one a couple times and found one in a box in Fabernum. Is there a more consistent place to make/get them?
  2. How do you get into the Mino Dungeon? As mentioned I went east from Fabernum and got to a sort of mountain range, with a very tall snowy mountain to my north. Is the entrance very obvious and/or any landmarks or general guides to get there? Is it worth exploring?
  3. How do ya'll navigate/what do you do in the middle of the night? (9pm to 3am?) I love that it's realistic that the middle of the night away from people is VERY dark (especially because I dig stealth), but the torch light does very little out in nature and it seems very challenging to navigate at all or see where you are. Again, realistic, but is it meant to be that 25% of gametime will be "down time" where people just stay in cities and hang out? We sleep in real life during that time for a reason, but no way to skip it in-game.
  4. Any other "cool" stuff ya'll have found to do/check out in this phase of the game while we're waiting for more world content? A friend and I have been sort of exploring the game as duo and it'd be nice to have more stuff to occupy us in addition to just dueling random people in Bakti.
Thanks!
1. Right now you can find them, later you can craft them.
2. There is nothing in the Minotaur cave right now, so not sure if that's worth exploring for you.
3. You just have to get a feeling for your surroundings, while the map is different and more stretched out than before most of us kind of know the map from MO. Later on with a more filled out world, different NPCs, materials, mounts etc. it'll be easier to go around and find landmarks that you can recognize.
4. Well, while I'm waiting for Taming, Magic and other things. I'm kind of working on meta-data. Figuring out how things work and the different attribute calulations, clade gifts, skills etc. Other than that not that much to explore for someone who's played the old game for years.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
2. go as a ghost there is a priest beside the dungeon

3. turn your GPU gamma up, you have to do it when game releases

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Stop telling people to cheat with their gamma, that's now how it's intended to be. :p

Yeah, I get that this is an obvious solution, but if that gets you an advantage that will suck. As a person who enjoys stealthing, I hope people are kept on an even level as far as visibility. Perhaps they can implement something on the backend that discourages increasing gamma (ie putting important things in the UI which are blown out and unreadable at high gamma).

Reactions: Svaar

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
It'll also negate the clade bonuses like seeing better in the dark with night vision. Problem is there is really nothing you can do against such client side modifications. Hence they'll probably give you in game meta bonuses as well, like night vision gives you more damage or more speed in the dark. Vision alone won't work.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Stop telling people to cheat with their gamma, that's now how it's intended to be. :p
i do it on purpose in hope they will make it fair for everyone not just the nerds who are fiddeling with settings. so either an ingame slider or real darkness. people who play as intended will get heavily beaten up.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
The only things they can really do is make the client render some areas truly black, so gamma won't help unless you have night vision with which you can see a bit.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
The only things they can really do is make the client render some areas truly black, so gamma won't help unless you have night vision with which you can see a bit.
yes this is what i mean with real darkness.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I can see fine in nights. And I didn't "tune" the gamma settings.
I think it's dependent on how good your monitor is. Some seem to have issues displaying different shades of gray/black.

Reactions: Svaar and MaDeuce

MaDeuce

May 28, 2020
if your rig isn't set to play for DLSS it will need to be optimized for performance. Its nothing new, also everyone that has been testing knows MO2 is persistent with new technology. UE4.25/Nvidia 3000 series etc...

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Hey all,

Thanks!
Regardless point 4 you can do some practice to find ,kill and butcher some springboks and partecipate to the SV challenge.

Reactions: MaDeuce