50% durability weapon ineffectiveness (again again:)

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
This is an easy one because IT MAKES NO SENSE, and they could FIX IT with a tiny bit of effort. The only big change would be sator spears haha.

If they wanna make dura matter, my suggestion would be to make it so that under a certain dura, your weapon has a rising (as dura gets lower) chance of just breaking outright, so it's still kind of min-max, but you aren't using a weapon that is basically ineffective at 50% dura. That would be a cool meet in the middle solution, imo.

FIX IT FOR UE5 RELEASE!!

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
that creates its own problems , for one the animation for breaking equipment isnt there and people dont like RNG mechanics too much nowadays.
%chance to just break? yeesh that would suck in a fight.

Reactions: MolagAmur

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
that creates its own problems , for one the animation for breaking equipment isnt there and people dont like RNG mechanics too much nowadays.
%chance to just break? yeesh that would suck in a fight.

compared to half dmg? lol. Plus you got another wep, hopefully. Life is RNG. I don't understand the problem with RNG. The only issue with me and RNG is when it's ridiculously high or low.

You could just make it so it works perfectly down to 0, but, maybe you didn't understand that I was saying as it approached the lower end of durability it would get more vulnerable to breaking. That seems more like realism. Your trash 20 dura sword is a walking time bomb, like an old gun you found in the river that might fire. But at least you can use it instead of just deleting it when it goes under 50%.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
I think the point of it atm is reduce the amount of weapons useable , same reason we cant repair them at the moment.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
compared to half dmg? lol. Plus you got another wep, hopefully. Life is RNG. I don't understand the problem with RNG. The only issue with me and RNG is when it's ridiculously high or low.

You could just make it so it works perfectly down to 0, but, maybe you didn't understand that I was saying as it approached the lower end of durability it would get more vulnerable to breaking. That seems more like realism. Your trash 20 dura sword is a walking time bomb, like an old gun you found in the river that might fire. But at least you can use it instead of just deleting it when it goes under 50%.
RNG is terrible, in this game specifically. Its one thing to have RNG in crafting or whatever to increase your quality/amount. Its another to have RNG in combat that breaks your weapon and literally make you unable to defend yourself or take damage.

The RNG with weakspots is already a terrible mechanic in the game.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
RNG is terrible, in this game specifically. Its one thing to have RNG in crafting or whatever to increase your quality/amount. Its another to have RNG in combat that breaks your weapon and literally make you unable to defend yourself or take damage.

The RNG with weakspots is already a terrible mechanic in the game.

Like I said RNG is everywhere. Dmg ticks, bandaid ticks, whether you get interrupted on cast lol. If you math it out, those numbers are determining whether you/other people live or die nearly every fight.

But leaving that aside, you would rather have a wep that goes under 50% and becomes half dmg instead of a system that makes it so that your weapon can break once it reaches a certain threshold? It wouldn't have to be 50%, just something that made it risky to keep using a weapon at very low dura because it would indeed be weird to use a wep until 0 dura. Some downside to that. Obviously, the 50% half dmg is meant to give durability meaning, but it's very arbitrary and not very realistic. Why would you wep ever do half dmg suddenly at 50% dura? Makes no sense.

Even it doing progressively less damage would be better, but even that doesn't make as much sense as something being low durability *breaking.* haha. Or being in danger of breaking.

If you walk over a bridge that is not steady, it might break. The more times you walk over it, the more chance that it will break, with increased probability. I dunno if I'd even call that RNG lol.

If you wep is going to lose 50% dmg at 50% dura and you don't travel with a back up wep in a situation where you might need it, I dunno. 50% dmg is quite a big loss of dps. I think it could be "RNG'd" quite easily to make it so that the possibly breaking weapons perform more consistently.

What is another idea to make it so dura matters somewhat but weps don't lose 50% of their dmg? Like I said @Midas might as well just put them til 0 and make every wep half dura. Not to mention stuff like OP weps don't get the same life span they would, when it might be worth it to take a chance on a low dura good wep if it could possibly break. Might not be for you, but someone would.

I wouldn't let weakspot trauma influence your PoV when it comes to probability. There is a lot more wrong with weak spot than probability lol. But if you don't understand nearly every part of combat is RNG, I dunno what to tell you.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
What is another idea to make it so dura matters somewhat but weps don't lose 50% of their dmg? Like I said @Midas might as well just put them til 0 and make every wep half dura. Not to mention stuff like OP weps don't get the same life span they would, when it might be worth it to take a chance on a low dura good wep if it could possibly break. Might not be for you, but someone would.
I actually made a post on the MO1 forums about weapon durabilty. It got a lot of attention and SV changed it to where it gradually lost damage instead of an instant 50% loss. Its a shame its not that way in MO2. I haven't tested it, but Im taking your word for it.

I liked the change much better because it wasn't RNG. The more dura my weapon lost the less damage it did. Made sense and was good for gameplay. I dislike your suggestion because imagine you get into a long fight (you're doing well obviously bc you are still alive) and you're not combat looting so you don't replace your weapon...and all the sudden you fight another guy and boom your weapon breaks due to RNG. That would send me and I'm sure a lot of people over the edge. At least with damage loss...you can defend yourself.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I actually made a post on the MO1 forums about weapon durabilty. It got a lot of attention and SV changed it to where it gradually lost damage instead of an instant 50% loss. Its a shame its not that way in MO2. I haven't tested it, but Im taking your word for it.

I liked the change much better because it wasn't RNG. The more dura my weapon lost the less damage it did. Made sense and was good for gameplay. I dislike your suggestion because imagine you get into a long fight (you're doing well obviously bc you are still alive) and you're not combat looting so you don't replace your weapon...and all the sudden you fight another guy and boom your weapon breaks due to RNG. That would send me and I'm sure a lot of people over the edge. At least with damage loss...you can defend yourself.

It makes sense that way, too. Anything but under 50, however I do wish there was some use for low dura high level items. I really don't understand why you can't salvage. So much junk gear gets left because of that.

Yeah, I mean if I was fighting for real I'd have 2 weps anyway, tbh. Eventually I guess it would happen. But since you lose 50% damage, you need to bring a second.

Not to mention IMO the best non-sword weps are spw and they have extra trash dura. You lose decent weight by making a pole out of wood, though. Axes and blunts kind of make up for it because it seems dura = the % of mat used. If you make a spear or a pole sword, though, it ends up with doggy dura, but I mean it kinda seems worth it lol.

This thread was more about fixing the 50% dura issue opposed to offering a set in stone solution, tho.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
It makes sense that way, too. Anything but under 50, however I do wish there was some use for low dura high level items. I really don't understand why you can't salvage. So much junk gear gets left because of that.

Yeah, I mean if I was fighting for real I'd have 2 weps anyway, tbh. Eventually I guess it would happen. But since you lose 50% damage, you need to bring a second.

Not to mention IMO the best non-sword weps are spw and they have extra trash dura. You lose decent weight by making a pole out of wood, though. Axes and blunts kind of make up for it because it seems dura = the % of mat used. If you make a spear or a pole sword, though, it ends up with doggy dura, but I mean it kinda seems worth it lol.

This thread was more about fixing the 50% dura issue opposed to offering a set in stone solution, tho.
i do believe at this time the reason for durability and the non salvage abilty is to reduce the amount of weapons in the market as to not make them worthless. its a simple concept of supply/demand

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
i do believe at this time the reason for durability and the non salvage abilty is to reduce the amount of weapons in the market as to not make them worthless. its a simple concept of supply/demand
There is only one reason why we don't have salvaging. And it isn't what you suggest. That and fletching have been requested for years and years now. Instead they give cool "flashy" things like new magic and pet armor. Tis the way of Henrik.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
There is only one reason why we don't have salvaging. And it isn't what you suggest. That and fletching have been requested for years and years now. Instead they give cool "flashy" things like new magic and pet armor. Tis the way of Henrik.

Yeah salvage is a basic thing heh. They could even turn it into a profession durr. So many opportunities. You could salvage SOME in general but if you wanted to be like da salvage king, or have a junk shop, you could spec like 400 pts into it.