1vX suggestions

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Make hitting and blocking harder, bad parry direction leak dmg through.
Smaller parry time, lower parry radius.
Make good hits way harder, decrease max dmg on bad hits.
Turn up speeds all around.
Decrease armor mitigation all around.
Back hits increased dmg.
Lower in combat healing abilities.

The list goes on the longer you think about the subject but sadly all are against the new MO2 vision of Henriks.

Make the individual stronger and zergs will quiver to leave their safe zones, like the good ol days.

this is true and I've been saying the same thing. Except yea you are EU so haha, some of it doesn't work 1:1, but there is a misconception here that say making it so that it's harder to hit someone or that it's harder to kill someone will be anti zerg because the smaller party can kite and whittle them down. It's KIND OF TRUE, but when you add in magic, a bunch of people (who are also hard to hit and hard to kill,) it doesn't turn out as great.

Now, if you have people just banging away with weapons and doing big dmg, that is much different. Of course, parry should be a thing, and I esp agree with good hits being rewarded, there is a whole system of 'good hit/bad hit' in MO and that's one of the most interesting parts imo.

The one thing I disagree with is the back/parry angle thing. I know it's so wack... and like I said I try to hit people in the back, too, but now that I know for almost 100% sure that you can be behind someone on your screen and not on another, then that's just BG.

I also support a cleave (esp for Pve!!) because you can block multiple attacks, so why can't you hit multiple people?

Mainly, the thing you have to think about is you have this big blob of people... and yea this is a 1vx thread... and 1vx esp if you start mounted is at an all time LOW. Def taken a loss to 1 person once in duli beta tho. The salt flows. But generally... however, if you stop thinking about 1 (because IMO these 1vx balances fuck with the game) and instead think of a small group like 4-5 vs 12... and you have buffed dmg, extended differential in dmg depending on how well you hit, you can quick focus someone down and then dive back out and keep doing it. Instead of being like kite kite kite you can be like this guy is one step too far GETM. Then reset. Sure they can push hard, but that's when you have to have some tactics to deal w/ that then maybe whittle a few of their guys off then, too.

MO is always gonna be multi hit to kills. I mean 40 hits w/ avg 200 health is a lot of hits considering heals, parry, etc... and 40 is a big hit. But imagine banging down someone in 2-3 seconds if you get a proper jump on them. That would be ideal, IMO. If someone is out of position and you have the dudes to go in and land the hits right, they should be able to finish him fast. Then -1 zerg.

It SOUNDS counter intuitive, but it's not. As dude said the game has gotten even more zergy. The thing is, it got so 'skill based' to get a hit that people won't even fight without an EVEN BIGGER ZERG. The game should be based around landing good hits, not around blocking IMO. Or you get the terror bird huehue.

Either way, I feel like I'm betting w/ science here. I don't think the game can stay this bad for too much longer. SOON.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

actetto

Apr 21, 2022
Good MMO PvP where you can 1vX / fight outnumbered consists of two major features:
1. Fast time to kill
2. Strong crowd control

Mortal online has neither of these.

D

Dracu

- consecutive hits increase damage dealt by double (on the same target) on the third hit
- When your target dies gain 50% stamina
- increase movement speed
Hmmm....
1) should put The X in alot better position as they can spam on the 1 while the 1might have to block and loose the bonus. So it should more likely benefit the X

2) that sounds cool, how about maybe change it to increasing stam regen when hit by multiple ppl in short timeframe? That would give the 1 more to play with. Might have to be limited to clean hits only or parried only, whatever works better.

3) also sounds cool, helps with mage diving aswell. In a sorta good way i guess. Might revive backlining for non alvarins. Iam sorta divided on this one tbh... Does it help the few more or the many? (In fighting outnumbered in general i mean)

Last edited by a moderator:

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Good MMO PvP where you can 1vX / fight outnumbered consists of two major features:
1. Fast time to kill
2. Strong crowd control

Mortal online has neither of these.
Strong crowd control can be either or I feel but coupled with precision and a hard to achieve way could work but its easy to make it benefit the zerg more then smaller groups resulting in a bigger stomp easier for the zerg.
Same with stuns, slows, etc.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
- consecutive hits increase damage dealt by double (on the same target) on the third hit

Deff need WAY more anti-zerg mechanics.

As someone pointed out, consecutive hits can backfire. The stamina on death is prolly good, but considering the fact you lack enough fucking stamina to kill people in this game might not help much.

Doubling stamina pool would literally make the game way less zerg friendly.

Give a massive stamina regen buff on parrying like 3 times consecutively in a short time (parrying several people).

Add some more posibilities for self sustain cause that is the MOST effective anti-zerg mechanic in any game.

Movement speed increase would probably help, also add better kiting posibilites. Sadly a speed increase is probably the LEAST likely thing to get added in this list because that would toss SV's whole "ping normalization" system out the window.

Also, cleave mechanic would help A LOT for anti-zerg, but TBH i think most weapons in MO2 probably arnt long enough to make the cleave really matter, but it would still be a nice little help.

Reactions: serge and Teknique

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway

As someone pointed out, consecutive hits can backfire. The stamina on death is prolly good, but considering the fact you lack enough fucking stamina to kill people in this game might not help much.

Give a massive stamina regen buff on parrying like 3 times consecutively in a short time (parrying several people).

Add some more posibilities for self sustain cause that is the MOST effective anti-zerg mechanic in any game.

Movement speed increase would probably help, also add better kiting posibilites. Sadly a speed increase is probably the LEAST likely thing to get added in this list because that would toss SV's whole "ping normalization" system out the window.

Also, cleave mechanic would help A LOT for anti-zerg, but TBH i think most weapons in MO2 probably arnt long enough to make the cleave really matter, but it would still be a nice little help.
Things to consider here especially would be give too much stam and the zerg will gain more then smaller groups due to not being punished fast enough. But I think it would be totally safe to increase it 3x of current with great effect in raising the ceiling. In old MO you had enough stam for about 5-6 kills but that was also due to blocking being so hard and aim dependant but we also had higher stam regen so you could essentially keep going non stop during fights. As a reference duels in cron/tung back then took below 30sec with top players. So stam increases im all for, coupled with decreased gear defenses would work wonders for TTK.

Yes everything speed related will increase individual skill over numbers, every increase across the board. And yes increase of speeds is SVs most hated suggestion.

Cleave would work but would render tight spot holds more useless against larger numbers as they can hit your entire frontline at once. Then we need the broken swing stop system back which was pure retardation im telling you.
Cleaving would add to long reach weapons for sure and give players a reason to play them which is very good as theres not enough of such weapons around atm.

actetto

Apr 21, 2022
Strong crowd control can be either or I feel but coupled with precision and a hard to achieve way could work but its easy to make it benefit the zerg more then smaller groups resulting in a bigger stomp easier for the zerg.
Same with stuns, slows, etc.

Particularly CC that breaks on damage is very good for anti-zerg. But without the TTK to match, the CC won't do much.
The best 1vX PvP in an MMO that I've played was in none other than Vanilla WoW. If you look at the abilities, you can tell they had this kind of balance in mind.

In original WoW, people didn't like getting one-shotted and they didn't like getting CCed - so these two features were nerfed constantly. There was a game called Warhammer Online that was basically WoW with long TTK and weak CC, and it was a boring zerg-fest because no one could ever die.

serge

Dec 22, 2021

Stamina regen on parry would actually be good. It would reward you for playing defensive while you get healed up and then you have extra stamina to get back into the fight. Swinging your melee weapon should just take less stamina. Maybe another 15- 20% swing cost reduction. Its bad enough you have to deal with equipment hits/ handle hits when are surrounded trying to swing through multiple people.

MyrmexThraxvágr

May 28, 2020
France
discord.gg

Make hitting and blocking harder, bad parry direction leak dmg through.
Smaller parry time, lower parry radius.
Make good hits way harder, decrease max dmg on bad hits.
Turn up speeds all around.
Decrease armor mitigation all around.
Back hits increased dmg.
Lower in combat healing abilities.

The list goes on the longer you think about the subject but sadly all are against the new MO2 vision of Henriks.
Make the individual stronger and zergs will quiver to leave their safe zones, like the good ol days.

Me very like this. If we get clade powers like that be dope.

I especially agree on Stamina should be gained when successfully parrying and if successfully parry of about 4-5 consecutive hits you get a small speed or dmg bonus. That would make 1vX much more interesting.

Reactions: ThaBadMan