1vX suggestions

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
These could all backfire when getting zerged but still could be cool.

Like 2v4. You are prob getting consecutively hit by someone, like if the yare trying to hit you in the back while you are parrying someone else. Whoever kills your friend now has a speed buff and a ton of stam to clap you if you are trying to run.

But for like 1v3 where you totally can just all in and body someone who doesnt know how to parry, this would help a lot.

Reactions: Tzone and Teknique

Pragma

Mar 17, 2022
A simple dmg debuff would be enough if you're hitting the same target with multiple people ( like albion online ) so if you're outnumbered you still have something on your side, it would make 1v2 or 1v3 easier to handle, but it's not in the game mindset so you'll never have anything to help on 1vx

zers

Aug 4, 2021
- consecutive hits increase damage dealt by double (on the same target) on the third hit

literally zerg mechanic lol

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
- consecutive hits increase damage dealt by double (on the same target) on the third hit

literally zerg mechanic lol
My thoughts on that were reduce kill time, get a stam boost and switch targets or reset. Didn’t think it would be zerg mechanic because they would hit a teammate or something and break their combo.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
1vX needs more stamina. Play better get more stamina. Maybe landing parrys gives you some stamina back so it balances out to cost less stamina. This could help but not solve the 1vX issue which is stamina.

I really want to see humans change their war cry to a damage to stamina regen. Humans hurt the most stamina wise and are just bad.

Reactions: cerqo

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Being able to hit multiple enemies aka the "cleave" mechanic from Chivalry and Mordhau would be the biggest change to 1vX in a positive manner. Would significantly improve solo and small group PvP and make the mindless zergling LMB spam punished by them hitting friendlies constantly - It would also make the Human friendly damage clade more useful too. Though I can see why SV doesn't have this mechanic, it would increase the info transfer load from client to server and vice versa, would probably cause inconsistent hit reg issues at higher number battles.

When it comes to rewarding players with stam/damage regen bonuses etc on successful parries or chained attacks, it would have to be finely balanced due to the long TTK in MO, compared to more arcade melee slashers like Chiv and Mordhau, which people die in 1 - 3 hits, so that is how they balance it out.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Im open to any kind of 1vX suggestions. MO has never been more of a numbers game than it is today...and its sad and boring.

Reactions: Teknique

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Make hitting and blocking harder, bad parry direction leak dmg through.
Smaller parry time, lower parry radius.
Make good hits way harder, decrease max dmg on bad hits.
Turn up speeds all around.
Decrease armor mitigation all around.
Back hits increased dmg.
Lower in combat healing abilities.

The list goes on the longer you think about the subject but sadly all are against the new MO2 vision of Henriks.

Make the individual stronger and zergs will quiver to leave their safe zones, like the good ol days.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Make hitting and blocking harder, bad parry direction leak dmg through.
Smaller parry time, lower parry radius.
Make good hits way harder, decrease max dmg on bad hits.
Turn up speeds all around.
Decrease armor mitigation all around.
Back hits increased dmg.
Lower in combat healing abilities.

The list goes on the longer you think about the subject but sadly all are against the new MO2 vision of Henriks.

Make the individual stronger and zergs will quiver to leave their safe zones, like the good ol days.
I think movement speed would help more than is realized for breaking parries. Right now you can’t get around someone’s block in the literal sense that you actually can’t physically reach them at times.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I think movement speed would help more than is realized for breaking parries. Right now you can’t get around someone’s block in the literal sense that you actually can’t physically reach them at times.
While upping movement speed is generally good because the world is too big. 1 issue with it is that currently you are so fast you can usually just turn and run and not get stickied. They instantly get gap before you can start moving after them, so if you aren't faster they might just get away for free. Maybe this is one of those times I'm supposed to blame NA ping. But NA servers aren't happening so its worth factoring in.

MO1 you were way slower but could get around parries because prediction and lag was horrific haha. For MO2 I feel like they just need to make the parry angle much smaller so that if you even get to the side of them it gets through.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Also, removing the 360 blocking would do wonders. Like why the hell was that ever a thing.

Current TTK is way to high with how easy it is to turtle. When you focus someone down in a group fight, if they are competent they can parry up and get healed while their zergling friends realize what's going on. Its only going to get worse as more and more people wear metal armors.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Also, removing the 360 blocking would do wonders. Like why the hell was that ever a thing.

Current TTK is way to high with how easy it is to turtle. When you focus someone down in a group fight, if they are competent they can parry up and get healed while their zergling friends realize what's going on. Its only going to get worse as more and more people wear metal armors.
That’s one thing I actually do like because it typically didn’t actually play out in a reasonable manner.

alabugin

Apr 10, 2022
While upping movement speed is generally good because the world is too big. 1 issue with it is that currently you are so fast you can usually just turn and run and not get stickied. They instantly get gap before you can start moving after them, so if you aren't faster they might just get away for free. Maybe this is one of those times I'm supposed to blame NA ping. But NA servers aren't happening so its worth factoring in.

MO1 you were way slower but could get around parries because prediction and lag was horrific haha. For MO2 I feel like they just need to make the parry angle much smaller so that if you even get to the side of them it gets through.

Literally everyone would reroll alvarin and spears overnight though, it would just change the meta to something else that works against everyone.

As for 1 v x, I have seen some shield+1H axe thursar/khallards take on 3 people before and win by popping lifesteal clade at the right moment and positioning well with shield. Not many other builds can do it effectively.

I have won 1 v 3 before by playing against cliff sides with a shield and pushing people to their death, that shit is hilariously effective against the unwise.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020

MO1 had way faster movement, dont be fooled by the speed numbers, its not the same scale.

Reactions: MolagAmur

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway

Thats where quick reactions come in as a bonus as it should, also reading your opponents/situation. More skill comes into play vs less skilled zergs. Being able to dip in and out without taking dmg would do wonders to low size high skill groups.

Basically as I see it, everything thats hard is a bonus for skilled individuals and tools to dismantle zergs who wont train near as much.