Horse killing

shass

Aug 21, 2022
Took the advice offered and went to graveyard Meduli to try and get a start. Got a horse as suggested, but man is this frustrating. Time after time my horse is killed in the GY and I don't even see the person killing it? Cannot keep up enough to buy another. So grats ELAND you moron whoever you are. This is just tedious.

shass

Aug 21, 2022
I realise that part of the game would involve killing a players horse, but if the horse killer didn't engage the owner in legitimate PVP within five minutes... a title should be put on them "Senseless Horse Killer" and it lasts for a couple of hours. I don't know, but its a grind just to try and earn and buy one horse after another.

D

Deleted member 44

It's not a grind to get a horse. Join a guild. You don't understand the game mechanics and are going to be frustrated due to your ignorance.

shass

Aug 21, 2022
It's not a grind to get a horse. Join a guild. You don't understand the game mechanics and are going to be frustrated due to your ignorance.
Sadly you're probably right. We wanted to just get a bit established so we had something to offer a guild ( always feel like a beggar joining a guild as a total noob ) I understand the mechanics just fine and really enjoy PVP. For me PVP is fun, expands the thrill of a game, but part of that thrill is being able to hit back. I don't care if someone kills me for my goods, or just because they want a fight. But just for a cheap thrill of killing the newbies horses seems an immature way for a jerk to grief me without any payback and no benefit to the immature jerk either. Its griefing pure and simple.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
A few tips:

Dont go to Medulis graveyad.
Don't bring a horse in the meduli graveyard.
If you do, make sure it has good armour.
Whomever is hitting your horse is grey so, if you don't see him, that means he is sniping from far away( probably somewhere the guards don't reach).

Get taming to 51 and you can tame any horse yourself.

Don't go to Medulis graveyard. Its full of greefers that have no life.

Mortal Online is sadly full of greefers. Its the nature of pvp games. You have to learn to deal with them. As a solo player its very frustrating, but as a guild you can easily smash these rats.

Last edited:

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022
Git tuff, git gud, git back at em. This might sound like an over simplification, and ya know what maybe it is. But don't expect too many to be sensitive to your feelings of whether or not this person is "immature" or a "jerk" or if this is "griefing". You simply have to have awareness of the game mechanics and your surroundings. This takes time. Starting from rock bottom is hard. Killing zombies, selling mats, buying horses, taking horses to GY to carry around the carcasses or heads or whatever, selling them, trying to get on your feet financially. There's people out there that want to make it hard on you. So what do you want us to do? The game allows the player to be. Don't wait around for the perfect guild that tickles you just right and expect to be able to contribute right away... The stars aren't going to align for you. Just join a guild and start making connections and learning. If it turns out you don't like the guild, quit and join a different one.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Dont take a horse to the graveyard to farm. Like why should you be allowed to freefarm in gz that well. Its too profitable.

You need to join a guild and have them dhow you better places away from town to farm

• Haha
Reactions: strycio

CistaCista

Mar 13, 2022
The use of horses is mainly for transporting yourself and goods from POI to POI and from town to town (and for battle).

If you just let it stand around in griefer hotspots it will get in trouble.

Reactions: Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
A universal rule that applies here is not to go out with anything you can not afford to lose.

If you can not afford to lose a horse then you should not be taking it out unnecessarily.

Another rule is to bank often to avoid excessive losses.

Taking a horse to the graveyard to be able to carry more is putting the horse and more loot at risk.

It may be worth it later when you are more established. But it is not when you can't even afford a horse.

Last edited:
Reactions: CherryKush

manure

May 7, 2022
Whoever killed your horse at Medulis Graveyard should receive a medal... Because the Devs screwed that town so badly that its near impossible to make any criminal acts all over that place without being insta guard whacked.

There are guards patrolling outside town, far away from town, even inside the Graveyard...

Probably whoever did this was standing in the hill right behind the graveyard, sniping from there with a long bow... Thats the only way these days.

My respect and congratulations to this anonymous horse killer ! (y) (y):ROFLMAO:

Let the carebears complaints begin (again) !!
I can already see the Devs placing more guards further away from town after this...

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
It's all about that Risk vs. Reward. You brought a horse to the graveyard to load it up with carcass and heads that you otherwise couldn't carry on your own. You took the risk of using a horse to acquire more and thus became a bigger target. As they say in EVE don't fly what you can't afford to lose...

actetto

Apr 21, 2022
Hi Shass,
I see you have met the MO2 forums and the Ayn Rand tattoo crew.

The last time I was in Meduli graveyard there were guards literally inside the GY, but I just checked and there weren't. Nonetheless, contrary to what the brave heroic figures of the forums would have you believe, it's definitely not unreasonable for you to have expected an area surrounded by guards to be safe. With that said...

Towns and the surrounding areas are the most likely place for you to get ganked and horse-griefed. Graveyards are probably the most PvP heavy spots in the entire game. Other town graveyards are much less safe, albeit, with less traffic. This is, of course, the opposite of what the game taught you in the tutorial. I do not have answer for why the game pushes noobs towards the one place they are most likely to be effortlessly slaughtered by cowardly "PvPers", other than that Starvault's CEO is the most cowardly of them all, because, though he has the authority to change it - he does not.

Lastly, you need a horse for absolutely everything and no one does any kind of PvE without one. The people suggesting you're overextending by taking a horse out are being disingenuous. So is the guy suggesting farming zombies in a guard zone is too strong of an income (seriously what?). I guess this guy hasn't heard of fishing. You could literally walk to Gamun flowers outside of Meduli and sell them to a buy order and make more gold/hr than farming zombies. But yet there's another guy suggesting you return to the graveyard when you're more established.... just lol. These guys would have you hitting Saburra at 1% yield in town for 10,000 hours until you could buy Tungsteel horse armor and max level Jotun horse before you enter the graveyard.

More accurately, you are "over-extending" by bringing a horse to any PvE location close to town. The closest cougars, bush pigs, etc. to Meduli? Your horse is going to die there. You see all those houses/strongholds outside of Meduli? Those are there to be bank locations for people who gank outside of Meduli. They use blue alts to transfer armor, goods, supplies from the city to the stronghold. (They do this heroically, of course).

That should kinda give you some perspective on where you do and do not want to PvE. If you can see Meduli tower, it's probably too hot to expect your horse to survive. Especially when you're new and still wondering WTF breathing technique means.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaquenqos

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Just dont farm Gy with a horse. Mo is all about risk v reward. If killing your horse is worth more than killing you, they dont really need to kill you half the time.

And on risk v reward, if you cant afford to buy a horse don't bring it to the gy. Go farm in shit gear no horse, then you are guaranteed to progress because if you die you lose very little.

Having your horse die and losing money trying to farm isn't much different than farming in too much gear and getting killed and losing it.

Also just because mmo players tell you whats efficient doesnt mean you should be doing that. Just because farming wit ha horse is higher possible gold per hour doesnt mean you will actually make more doing it.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
But yet there's another guy suggesting you return to the graveyard when you're more established.... just lol.

Nah, I was just suggesting that one could risk more ( a horse for example) once they have more to lose.

Loses become less painful when you can easily replace what you have lost.

Reactions: Jatix

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
Took the advice offered and went to graveyard Meduli to try and get a start. Got a horse as suggested, but man is this frustrating. Time after time my horse is killed in the GY and I don't even see the person killing it? Cannot keep up enough to buy another. So grats ELAND you moron whoever you are. This is just tedious.

My advice to you was to just avoid GY. Firstly, they're often overcamped. Secondly, there are often leet hxcore PvPers who sit around all day with longbows sniping new players' horses from the other side... If you do want to do some GY farming, do it at odd hours; if you can't at odd hours, just don't bother.

Anyway, my advice still stands. The reason I was telling you to get a horse was so you could scout around and find other sources of income. The easiest would probably be cougars, taur dogs & maybe bandits now and then if you feel up to it.

Make a circuit of multiple spawn points in case some of them are killed by other players. Engage the spawn point at your own risk if there are others there. It's probably just best to move on to the next spawn-point in your circuit, though.
Load up your horse bags. Butcher. Sell. Rinse and repeat. (if you have armor crafting, you might even be able to make some cash making molarium stuff,)

You can play MO2 solo, but you will be gated from the vast majority of content due to RPKers. You can still build a good amount of wealth, finish your build, get some gear, etc. solo, though, if you're discerning. At a certain point the risk will always outweigh the reward, however. No matter how good you get, or how great your gear is, it won't matter if you face a group of seasoned RPKers alone.

So that's just something to consider, and the reason people are telling you to join a guild.

Last edited:

shass

Aug 21, 2022
Hi Shass,
I see you have met the MO2 forums and the Ayn Rand tattoo crew.

The last time I was in Meduli graveyard there were guards literally inside the GY, but I just checked and there weren't. Nonetheless, contrary to what the brave heroic figures of the forums would have you believe, it's definitely not unreasonable for you to have expected an area surrounded by guards to be safe. With that said...

Towns and the surrounding areas are the most likely place for you to get ganked and horse-griefed. Graveyards are probably the most PvP heavy spots in the entire game. Other town graveyards are much less safe, albeit, with less traffic. This is, of course, the opposite of what the game taught you in the tutorial. I do not have answer for why the game pushes noobs towards the one place they are most likely to be effortlessly slaughtered by cowardly "PvPers", other than that Starvault's CEO is the most cowardly of them all, because, though he has the authority to change it - he does not.

Lastly, you need a horse for absolutely everything and no one does any kind of PvE without one. The people suggesting you're overextending by taking a horse out are being disingenuous. So is the guy suggesting farming zombies in a guard zone is too strong of an income (seriously what?). I guess this guy hasn't heard of fishing. You could literally walk to Gamun flowers outside of Meduli and sell them to a buy order and make more gold/hr than farming zombies. But yet there's another guy suggesting you return to the graveyard when you're more established.... just lol. These guys would have you hitting Saburra at 1% yield in town for 10,000 hours until you could buy Tungsteel horse armor and max level Jotun horse before you enter the graveyard.

More accurately, you are "over-extending" by bringing a horse to any PvE location close to town. The closest cougars, bush pigs, etc. to Meduli? Your horse is going to die there. You see all those houses/strongholds outside of Meduli? Those are there to be bank locations for people who gank outside of Meduli. They use blue alts to transfer armor, goods, supplies from the city to the stronghold. (They do this heroically, of course).

That should kinda give you some perspective on where you do and do not want to PvE. If you can see Meduli tower, it's probably too hot to expect your horse to survive. Especially when you're new and still wondering WTF breathing technique means.
Thanks for that . About the most reasonable and informative reply.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
Thanks for that . About the most reasonable and informative reply.
It's not completely true though.
While some of the player-housing near Meduli (and housing in general) is used in the way described:
1) Most of them are not actually online at any given moment,
2) a lot of them are actually not even dedicated RPKers at all.
3) KoTo has a strong presence around Meduli, so, if anywhere has 'safe' PvE hinterlands, it's Meduli.

In my experience, as far as nearby regions, Fab/Tindrem is much worse for RPKs, for example. If you're not going to bother doing anything in the outskirts of Meduli for fear of RPKs, you may as well just uninstall the game, because, frankly, most other places are far worse. In the grand scheme, the outskirts of Meduli (5min ride radius of Meduli) is a relatively safe area.

You can easily make 20~g in about 10-15mins doing what I described, and doing this will easily outweigh the risk of losing a horse. While building up wealth, don't bring out Desert horses. Just get cheap low level steppe horses. Start bringing out Desert horses to level once you have a solid nest of wealth, and can afford to lose a low level desert horse that you bought for, preferably, <10g.

Just make sure you go out without any valuables; just your (non-desert) horse/horse-bag, some cheap armor (if even), bandages, & a bow/sword/weapon of choice of relatively low value. This is probably sub 10g of items(including horse, less if you go tame one yourself)... So, one successful venture pays for two losses. If you're vigilant, it's very hard not to come out ahead with this method. Probably you can make over, or at least close to hundred gold within an evening pretty easily.

The hardest part of setting up is to get the position of various local spawns imparted in your natural sense of direction so you can quickly run a circuit between them all. Start by picking a few of them in a row with the map application, and riding out to them so you can get a feel for where they actually are in the game world. Before long, you'll be able to run a circuit, maybe even in a couple directions, and come back with 15-20g of butcher mats/carcass every time.

Source: I was in the same position some months ago, and I had success doing this. It's not going to make you rich quick like some guild farming methods, but it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morpen

Morpen

Sep 18, 2022
Since the ways to earn money are revealed here, I will also add something from myself...

1. Trade:
- Place a buy order - for example for Cuprum or Silver Flux
- Sell previously purchased Flux
- Earn easy 10-20 gold

Do the same for everything: leathers, carapaces, scales...

Or you can sell worthless rings/amulets for hundreds of gold.
(EDIT: Not all trinkets are worthless but most of them)

This is what professional players do...

2. RPK:
- Build a House near the City
- Create a seccond account

Now you have one blue and one red account. Kill the nobs by the red, and sell the stuff by blue.
This is what professional players do... (Not everyone !!!)

Don't forget to kill the horses. After all, the economy has to keep spinning.

Anyone else have any golden advice?

There is a reason that only the basics are presented on the internet...

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
A few tips:

Dont go to Medulis graveyad.
Don't bring a horse in the meduli graveyard.
If you do, make sure it has good armour.
Whomever is hitting your horse is grey so, if you don't see him, that means he is sniping from far away( probably somewhere the guards don't reach).

Get taming to 51 and you can tame any horse yourself.

Don't go to Medulis graveyard. Its full of greefers that have no life.

Mortal Online is sadly full of greefers. Its the nature of pvp games. You have to learn to deal with them. As a solo player its very frustrating, but as a guild you can easily smash these rats.

Surprisingly few "griefers" in Meduli graveyard. At least compared to other graveyards.

The trick to not losing a horse in Meduli graveyard is park it outside the graveyard near the guards just on the otherside of the fence so it cant be hit by arrows from the hill overlooking the graveyard.

AIO.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
A good horse is a lvl 100-125 Desert Horse the rest are trash and dont care if I lose them

the game shows to new players to get gold from graveyard in HAVEN, olso new players dont know that a gathering of players in this kind of mmos results in pvp and death

come on ppl use your heads

Last edited: