Got stuck in a house because of loading glitch

Nov 29, 2020
I am stuck inside someone's house with the door closed and I can't get out. The GM can't help me.

The door of the house was open and when I got in quickly the house was empty. I normally hide inside empty houses when I transport goods to hide and rest my horse.
When I got into the house, seconds later, the furniture loads (pops in) and the house door is closed. So now I can't get out. So now I ended up getting stuck in soemone's house (closed door) because of a visual loading open/closed door glitch. Is there anything I can do to get out? I spent half a day mining 3 stacks of wood only to lose it inside a house graphics glitch becaues the only solution I have available is suicide or wait for the house player owner (who I do not know).

GM Arsas says he is forbidden to help players in this situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nudisto
Nov 29, 2020
Again it's this stupid loading issue, if the graphics had loaded sooner and I realize it was a closed door, I wouldn't have entered nor will I be able to enter. I believe Henrik is aware about this loading visual graphical issue or LOD whatever it's called because now it's also affecting other issues like what Im reporting.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Again it's this stupid loading issue, if the graphics had loaded sooner and I realize it was a closed door, I wouldn't have entered nor will I be able to enter. I believe Henrik is aware about this loading visual graphical issue or LOD whatever it's called because now it's also affecting other issues like what Im reporting.

sandbox, you gotta come up with a way to get out! Pick up a bed and smash thru the wall.

Nov 29, 2020
It's important they fix this because other players can enter keeps or houses to harass other players, if they can enter through a loading visual delay like I did. Who cares about getting stuck there when your only purpose is to afk inside, kill players, delete their gear and then suicide out.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
It sounds to me like something a GM should be aware of and help with, but I also understand their PoV of not being able to tell what happened.

At the root of course, it just shouldnt happen - period. But it did. I suppose the only safe way to play this game is with recording software going constantly so you can refute denial and prove your innocence in such circumstances.

Reactions: Najwalaylah
Nov 29, 2020
Also it's not about getting out really. It's how I managed to get inside a player's house that was in fact closed / locked / passworded easily through this bug. It's about keeping players out because the door is supposedly closed.

Last edited:

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
My house is one of the "bugged" ones and i totally get your complaint OP. It's laughable this even happens to be honest. You can totally clip through the house until it finished loading in a minute or so and while it's loading you can become stuck in it.
I guess it's just more of that quality SV content.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
They really need to improve load distance of everything. My friend died earlier because he realized the guy he was following wasn't me cuz the player didn't load until he was really close lmao.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
They really need to improve load distance of everything. My friend died earlier because he realized the guy he was following wasn't me cuz the player didn't load until he was really close lmao.
In the meantime Henrik brags about "world record rendering distance" on stream. It's like he's playing a totally differrent game than us lol.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
its an idiotic bug. sv should have the default state of the house (and indeed any assets) be with the door closed, and once the assets load in, you can see if its open. same goes for keep walls, the default should be for them to be fully constructed until your client gets data from the server telling it otherwise.

-barcode