Melee Water Combat

Should they add melee water combat before release?

• No, I don't want melee water combat.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Henrik literally said that he would "toggle" it on. They already have it coded and are just waiting for animations I think since its not in game yet. But that was patches ago.

• Wow
Reactions: Nefnate

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I hope so much that it's not the same as MO1: only thurst and central block.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Dumb to enable this before release or put time into making it before release.
Just another thing that can break and will not function as intended.
Devs already have a lot of things they have to implement and fix as it is.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
How come? this makes sense according to how water is.
But it's super boring to fight. I don't give a **** if it's realistic or not, as long as it's fun.

Edit: Or make a left stab, right stab, central stab and overhead stab, as long as it's not parry everything central.

Reactions: Nefnate

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
Edit: Or make a left stab, right stab, central stab and overhead stab, as long as it's not parry everything central.

I like this idea. If they are working on new animations might aswell do it properly. Thinking stab left/right would look like a spear right-swing, but maybe slightly more exaggerated, and work like a swing (so don't do stab damage, for the axe and club users out there). Don't think overhead underwater would be good, probably would just look yanky.

• Sad
Reactions: Tzone and Nefnate

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I like this idea. If they are working on new animations might aswell do it properly. Thinking stab left/right would look like a spear right-swing, but maybe slightly more exaggerated, and work like a swing (so don't do stab damage, for the axe and club users out there). Don't think overhead underwater would be good, probably would just look yanky.
I don't think any weapons without a piercing component should be usable in water. At a certain point, there is too much flexibility. In the same way poles are not ideal in a tight corridor or cave, clubs have no place in water combat, imo.

WolfAchilles

Jan 4, 2021
The fact that it's taken so long to get water combat in the game is really disheartening for a pvp player. Water serves as a gamebreaking function against melee characters (who by the way are already not as powerful as mages)
Having a get out of jail free card whenever there is a water source around is horrible for a pvp game. MO1 had only stabs in the water, and I don't think changing that is warranted. It's not so much the damage output of a fighter in the water, but you force them to parry you or die. Especially important for fighters that take survival as a primary. Fighters and mages have to play together in the water just like they do on land. Having a system where only mages can play the game in the water has to be fixed before release. Last night I finally bit the bullet and rolled a fatmage because they are so stupidly strong, I figure once I play that class it will finally get nerfed.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
No water combat is game breaking and they should just turn it one even with only stabs and no animations

Apr 11, 2021
Gaul'kor
Locations such as Meduli, Gaul'kor, Toxai, and Morin Khur have an abundance of water near them or directly inside of the cities. Making combat on a character with magic more advantageous in these areas.

I keep noticing a repeating pattern in the same individuals echoing the same opinions that adding things that aren't necessary in their eyes should be ignored for better things such as PvE content.

Maybe they should just instead release the game when it is done instead of trying to milk the hype around a title of a game that isn't even remotely finished. People will expect a finished product for the upfront fee, and since the developers don't really offer the ability for players to vote on what the focus is at the time some players will be paying to wait for their part of the game to be fixed and or added.

Scummy.

Reactions: For Sure

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
If there was a binding vote by players on the focus of development of Mortal Online 2, there'd still be players from a minority (up to as big as 49%) "paying to wait" for "their part of the game" to be fixed or added.

And there isn't going to be any such binding vote.

Nor should there be.
since the developers don't really offer the ability for players to vote on what the focus is at the time some players will be paying to wait for their part of the game to be fixed and or added.