Add an AUDIO option for WEATHER EFFECTS

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Please god the weather sounds are the most annoying trash in this game. I cant hear the youtube video Im trying to AFK watch when you force to me to AFK for what ever reason.

Or the ghost sounds that you force us to hear when you force us to ghost run places.

• Haha
Reactions: Raknor and cerqo

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Just lower the volume of weather overall, and make / keep it possible to mute the game entirely.

No sense taking entirely away the opportunity to get near another player without them hearing you during wind, rain, thunderstorm, whatever.

Henrik's always said that 'natural stealth' would be the only kinds possible. ^^That's natural stealth.

(Also, take away the ability to turn off the sound of your own footsteps. This just lets players know that the footsteps they hear are from someone else, while continuing to walk.)

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
It's probably just overly loud for no reason
Yes, probably. Which is why I suggested they turn it down.
Henrik said something to turn a negative into a 'positive' as if he was conveying immense depth to MO2.
@Henrik Nyström said stuff about what he called natural stealth long before this discussion.

Do you really think not having some kind of 'skill' for stealth is a negative? Seems pretty carebear to me.
One thing I liked about Mortal Online 1 is that if I stopped moving at night, I didn't disappear. No desire on my part to go back to WoW.
What kind of... shit is that?
Apparently, it was just 'approach from behind, make as little noise as possible, hide behind things, choose dark skin if you want to blend in with dark things', etc. Pretty simple, but the main point was that there was going to be no Hide and Sneak like in, for instance, Everquest.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Its loud for no reason at least let me turn off ghost sounds.

Like I have to crank the volume up so much to hear people because the voip quality is bad but the the storms are abnormally loud.

At least deafen all audio so we can hear our youtube and discord. No one wants to hear this trash. Its just like the lighting no one is liking it, it makes the game experience worse. Why the hell does it rain every single day in GK a arid wasteland.

Like when dice forced bloom into everyones game for Battle Field V they got shit on by the players because it hurt visibility which is key to any game. So now new BFs you can actually see people and they turned down all extra realism graphics.

If people want to mute your game or adjust color/gama so their eyes doent hurt. Something is wrong with your game.

Last edited:

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Worst part is that you can hardly see rain in game most of the time so all you hear is like invisible rain. Least on lower graphics

Tzone

May 16, 2021
It rains like a monsoon season every where in game. Not realistic to have these many storms. Really need to tone down the amount it storms. It may seem cool and special if it was more rare instead of extremely annoying that you just want to mute the game untill it goes away.

People are already wanting to watch youtube while they travel because its not interesting why would you make them not even hear the other sounds or the discord chats?

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
People are already wanting to watch youtube while they travel because its not interesting why would you make them not even hear the other sounds or the discord chats?
Why would those people not adjust their volume, or even the relative volumes of chats vs games vs YouTube?

I think the Myrland weather is about right for where Myrland is on the map of Nave. Temperate, verging on mild extremes at the edges. I don't see continual rain in ever stream and video. I also recall that weather figures largely into the magic school of Elementalism, so I posit there might be reasons for it that are part of Star Vault plans. It would make a good question for Henrik to answer in this weeks Mortal Online 2 Twtich Stream.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Do you really think not having some kind of 'skill' for stealth is a negative? Seems pretty carebear to me.
One thing I liked about Mortal Online 1 is that if I stopped moving at night, I didn't disappear. No desire on my part to go back to WoW.
Apparently, it was just 'approach from behind, make as little noise as possible, hide behind things, choose dark skin if you want to blend in with dark things', etc. Pretty simple, but the main point was that there was going to be no Hide and Sneak like in, for instance, Everquest.

Not sure you are aware but weather effects are client side. I have seen many instances where it is raining for me and not for my buddy sitting next to me and vice versa. If you are relying on these for stealth it may go terribly wrong.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Not sure you are aware but weather effects are client side. I have seen many instances where it is raining for me and not for my buddy sitting next to me and vice versa. If you are relying on these for stealth it may go terribly wrong.
They dont actually log into the game. Its the first thing you need to understand about them. Everything is magical and full of mystery to them.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
They dont actually log into the game. Its the first thing you need to understand about them. Everything is magical and full of mystery to them.

To be fair it is not "100%" client side, when rain starts it actually starts for both - it is the rain stopping that I have seen the desync between clients. It is probably related to the bug where if you login in Hylls and it is snowing you can go down to the jungle and will never stop snowing.

Regardless you can't trust that just because it is raining on your client that it is raining for everyone.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
To be fair it is not "100%" client side, when rain starts it actually starts for both - it is the rain stopping that I have seen the desync between clients. It is probably related to the bug where if you login in Hylls and it is snowing you can go down to the jungle and will never stop snowing.
The first part sounds reasonable, and matches what I remember of rain in MO1.
(The Hyllspeia weather following you to the Jungle doesn't ring any bells from the first game, but it does sound typical.)
Regardless you can't trust that just because it is raining on your client that it is raining for everyone.
Good for others to know. It occurs to me that I never tried sneaking UP on anyone. :)
It's a shame it can't work as one might reasonably expect.