Unable to launch the game because I can't install EAC for MO2 specifically

Ninogan

Sep 5, 2021
Hi! I Haven't had MO installed for a while and just reinstalled it. It has a little mini launcher now and I tried to install EAC but when I do I just see an empty command prompt window for like a split second then it closes. If I relaunch the game the launcher still just says "install EAC" and if I try to launch the game it crashes with an unreal engine error saying: LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 417] Easy Anti-Cheat Hash Catalogue not found

FarmerJoe in Discord said it could be because of the Windows accout name having special characters but my name is just regular letters (like abcd).

Things i've tried:

Verified integrity of files
Uninstalled full game and reinstalled (also reinstalled on different drive)
Tried to run the Install/Uninstall.bat files from the games EAC folder as admin and via cmd prompt (both admin and regular modes)

I also tried to install Apex Legends because I know it uses EAC. It installed fine and in the steam folder for Apex i can open the EAC setup program and get the UI to open just fine but in the list of games MO2 isn't there. I tried uninstalling the EAC for Apex but that doesn't change anything. If I go to the MO2 steam folder and open that EAC setup file the program doesn't open at all like it does in the Apex folder.

I run a regular windows 10 home edition with the latest updates and I have no anti-virus programs. I've never had an issue with other EAC or BattleEye games and i'm just stumped as to why it just won't work. I'm worried I won't be able to play MO at this rate :/

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
Hi! I Haven't had MO installed for a while and just reinstalled it. It has a little mini launcher now and I tried to install EAC but when I do I just see an empty command prompt window for like a split second then it closes. If I relaunch the game the launcher still just says "install EAC" and if I try to launch the game it crashes with an unreal engine error saying: LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 417] Easy Anti-Cheat Hash Catalogue not found

FarmerJoe in Discord said it could be because of the Windows accout name having special characters but my name is just regular letters (like abcd).

Things i've tried:

Verified integrity of files
Uninstalled full game and reinstalled (also reinstalled on different drive)
Tried to run the Install/Uninstall.bat files from the games EAC folder as admin and via cmd prompt (both admin and regular modes)

I also tried to install Apex Legends because I know it uses EAC. It installed fine and in the steam folder for Apex i can open the EAC setup program and get the UI to open just fine but in the list of games MO2 isn't there. I tried uninstalling the EAC for Apex but that doesn't change anything. If I go to the MO2 steam folder and open that EAC setup file the program doesn't open at all like it does in the Apex folder.

I run a regular windows 10 home edition with the latest updates and I have no anti-virus programs. I've never had an issue with other EAC or BattleEye games and i'm just stumped as to why it just won't work. I'm worried I won't be able to play MO at this rate :/

i had a shit ton of problem for mo2 ; to this day it's dont work on my portable pc , on this one , i just re-installed windows for a clean start ; i know it's not the best solution , but it work

Reactions: Ninogan

Ninogan

Sep 5, 2021
i had a shit ton of problem for mo2 ; to this day it's dont work on my portable pc , on this one , i just re-installed windows for a clean start ; i know it's not the best solution , but it work

That's really something I would only do as a very last resort but who knows if it would even work. There must be other ways. I played MO2 fine on this computer just a few months ago, it's just now that they added EAC that it doesn't work.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
That's really something I would only do as a very last resort but who knows if it would even work. There must be other ways. I played MO2 fine on this computer just a few months ago, it's just now that they added EAC that it doesn't work.
well then the question is , what did you do in a few month on the computer ^^

Ninogan

Sep 5, 2021
well then the question is , what did you do in a few month on the computer ^^

Last time I had it installed there was no EAC requirement so i've not done anything special, i'm just hoping a dev sees this and has some tips on what to try. EAC has worked fine to install for everything else. I'm wondering how Starvault is using EAC, I noticed that when opening the EAC setup from the Apex folder there is no "Mortal Online 2" selection in the drop-down for example. In MO's steam folder I can't even get this setup window to launch and it's only for MO as this pic shows it works fine in Apex.

eac.png

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
As i understand it. SV seems to have a special EAC config for their game, that epic games are trying to work out the kinks on.
So a fix is up to Epic games and not SV since Epic games dosent want SV or any other company using the software to see how EAC works.

Ninogan

Sep 5, 2021
Solved it!

Removing every single folder including Easy Anti Cheat and Mortal Online 2 in %appdata% and reinstalling the game on a different drive did *not* fix it.

Doing the above but installing it on the C: drive (where i generally don't have games) worked! Weird but i'll take it.

• Love
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Solved it!

Removing every single folder including Easy Anti Cheat and Mortal Online 2 in %appdata% and reinstalling the game on a different drive did *not* fix it.

Doing the above but installing it on the C: drive (where i generally don't have games) worked! Weird but i'll take it.

Very good to know.