Pets

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
I totally agree that most basic stuff should be available to anyway, the time of overspecialization is over. On top of that letting animals fight for you is the least skill based combat system you can have, unless you count "Send pet to attack target x" and investing time as skillfull. We also shouldnt forget that the AI could cause a lot of issues with that too.

• Haha
Reactions: LivingshadeNL

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
I totally agree that most basic stuff should be available to anyway, the time of overspecialization is over. On top of that letting animals fight for you is the least skill based combat system you can have, unless you count "Send pet to attack target x" and investing time as skillfull. We also shouldnt forget that the AI could cause a lot of issues with that too.
Yes pressing 1 button has never been skillfull, but did u play mo1 as a dominator before? Like have u ever had to wear keeled scale armor because of lack of points , or had to remove endurance to take minos? I bet u made 0 dominators or 0 tamers. And theres even more hardships like being a red dominator and many more things

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
Yes pressing 1 button has never been skillfull, but did u play mo1 as a dominator before? Like have u ever had to wear keeled scale armor because of lack of points , or had to remove endurance to take minos? I bet u made 0 dominators or 0 tamers. And theres even more hardships like being a red dominator and many more things

Its not like mages wear heavy armor or that endurance is a must have skill. In a current theoretical scenario you let your Guardian Minotaur attack and just parry the enemy / run away if they go for you.
You are trying to argue that lacking non essentiell skills and time investment makes up for "Op pet attack" button.

What does red even mean nowadays? You can live in a blue city just fine if you have the rep as a murderer.

As a side note i used to have spider queens that just flew people across the terrain ... oh and lets not forget the fun times with 1k+ HP Molvas and these balanced necro pets ...

Reactions: Finnley

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Its not like mages wear heavy armor or that endurance is a must have skill. In a current theoretical scenario you let your Guardian Minotaur attack and just parry the enemy / run away if they go for you.
You are trying to argue that lacking non essentiell skills and time investment makes up for "Op pet attack" button.

What does red even mean nowadays? You can live in a blue city just fine if you have the rep as a murderer.

As a side note i used to have spider queens that just flew people across the terrain ... oh and lets not forget the fun times with 1k+ HP Molvas and these balanced necro pets ...
Lol with current bow mechanics no pet other than a death knight is gonna be op, unless u talking 1v1 , but who balances a game around 1v1..

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Quick question for anyone (like myself) who wants to be a minion master.

Once more pressing mechanics are in. Would you be upset or pumped as hell if they updated minion mastery builds to be a lot more than "set and forget"?

I'm assuming that like me (who wants to be a dominator/necomancer). Most minion masters will be very in favor of it. So given we can likely get 95% of the community behind it, rather than making pets trash why don't we just lobby SV to make it a more in-depth role?

Last edited:

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Quick question for anyone (like myself) who wants to be a minion matter.

One more pressing mechanics are in. Would you be upset or pumped as hell if they updated minion mastery builds to be a lot more than "set and forget"?

I'm assuming that like me (who wants to be a dominator/necomancer). Most minion masters will be very in favor of it. So given we can likely get 95% of the community behind it, rather than making pets trash why don't we just lobby SV to make it a more in-depth role?
I personally think pets are even more bad than they where in mo1 , because everyone has bows and they do insane damage, ofcourse i wouldnt mind if they made it more than just press 1 button and nothing else.

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
Taming should probably be a professional skill. As should all the breeding skills. it has typically been an economic activity in MOs history.

MO2 needs the new market

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I personally think pets are even more bad than they where in mo1 , because everyone has bows and they do insane damage, ofcourse i wouldnt mind if they made it more than just press 1 button and nothing else.

I think that should be how they are buffed. Activated abilities. More in-depth commands like a "go there" command to help set up flanking maneuvers. Gear. Situational usefulness for different pets. Animism school etc.

Make pets better by implementing mechanics that kill their "set and forget" reputation. At the point pets are wiping people because they come in and flank your enemy because you were mindful of their positioning, then execute the right ability for the situation at hand after you buffed them using animism... they can't really whine "OMG no skill! Nerf if it is at useful!" anymore.

I mean I'm sure there will always be those who lobby for a nerf on anything but melee. This is literally the most melee-centric MMO I have ever played (Aside from Wurm and Runescape classic if you even count games with combat that bad) and it's the only role I haven't seen people calling OP so far, but they will have a lot less of a point if minion masters are doing a lot more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xunila

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
I agree, melee combat should be 1 skill for weapon type choice. If they want to add stat buffs for melee combat like archery, that’s fine too, so that players can specialize. But having to be pigeon holed into 1 weapon tree, and pole swords/pole axes using double, is beyond a stupid system. No one is going to have 2 weapon types due to the VERY limited skill points. This means that almost all players will take swords, and mounted combat/high STR characters may take axes. Clubs will likely not be used very often other than group Pvp or high end PVE