About ARPK Guilds

Tekk

Apr 5, 2021
I don’t quite understand why guilds call themselves an ARPK guild while calling themselves a PvP guild that will PK other players in other guilds and are willing to grief “APRK”ers in town. AFAIK, murderers cannot respawn in town so the person you are killing is considered innocent.

With the Toggle Guild Affiliation command, you can remove your guild tag so there is no way of knowing if that person is in the guild you are targeting.

I don’t believe PKing a person warrants a player to be griefed in town. If you are an ARPK’er, and you are repeatedly killing a player inside a GUARDED town, then how does that make you better than the “ARPK”Er’s you claim to be against? This would be considered griefing since they are allowed to spawn in town as they are not murderers. Since they are not murderers, they probably haven’t been going around randomly killing everyone they see.

I think guilds are starting to call themselves “APRK” to make themselves feel like the good guys. What makes aPK random? What if you see a person strolling along and they have nice looking gear. You decide to kill (or try to) kill them. Is that considered random?

What if a person is farming a cave or a nice grinding spot? Is it random if you kill them for that spot?

I think ARPK Guilds need to rethink their stance or else they will be against the entire server where PKing is the norm. People who avoid being a murderer will be selective on who they kill.

I suggest, if you want to be the “Good Guys”, try defending a section of the land/map from groups (regardless of guild affiliation) that are out hunting innocent players. Be the protectors of the land. Don’t grief players inside the towns. Don’t be toxic.

New players to these types of games should be mindful that ARPK guilds can be bullies and be toxic guilds too.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

NexAngelus

Apr 10, 2021
this sounds as thought u made another character and someone figured out who u were and even though u were an "innocent" someone farmed u in the town. now ur mad that u were punished for bad behavior u showed previously, because u had a new name??? killing someone for loot is random, yes. killing someone in a spot u like is random, YES. if its "yours" build a keep/wall around it and keep it to urself.

if someone is an ass, and no one stops them from doing the what normal society would call bad behavior, then later that person is farmed/camped for 2x the time.... how is that bullying? u live by a sword and die by that same sword. i have no issues with "bad" players, for what ever reason i know its a way ppl play. but then why would those same ppl CRY when a group of like minded ppl wanted to band together and punish those players??? that person with nice loot....did u NOT just punish them? the person minding their own business farming/killing mobs...did u not just punish them?

this to me is, if i stabbed u in the eye, THEN cried because u turned around and stabbed me in the eye..... honestly ;) i would jsut stab u in the 2nd eye lol. why are u getting mad about PLAYERS reactions to ur actions?

Tekk

Apr 5, 2021
this sounds as thought u made another character and someone figured out who u were and even though u were an "innocent" someone farmed u in the town. now ur mad that u were punished for bad behavior u showed previously, because u had a new name??? killing someone for loot is random, yes. killing someone in a spot u like is random, YES. if its "yours" build a keep/wall around it and keep it to urself.

Nope. I haven't changed my name. I have used "Tek" in just about every game I play. I wouldn't change names even if I got griefed.
My point both RPK'ers and ARPK'ers can be griefers. The only difference is one thinks they are doing it for the greater good.
If I didn't want to PvP, I'd go play a PVE game or a single player game.

Torlar

Apr 1, 2021
So you're suprised that ARPK'rs have just as much fun griefing you as RPKrs do? Welcome to Mortal Online. You only want to PvP when its advantageous for you. You came up to us tonight.. took a couple shots and then bolted when you realized you were outnumbered.

You PK out of convenience, and now it seems that you complain when its inconvenient

Tekk

Apr 5, 2021
So you're suprised that ARPK'rs have just as much fun griefing you as RPKrs do? Welcome to Mortal Online. You only want to PvP when its advantageous for you. You came up to us tonight.. took a couple shots and then bolted when you realized you were outnumbered.

You PK out of convenience, and now it seems that you complain when its inconvenient

Since you are referring to taking shots, I assume you are talking about by the river. The river where I was killed 2v1 and I went back with another person to go kill my murderers. Yea, I'm going to use the river to our advantage when we are 4v2 against mounted players. I will fight when I'm outnumbered or when we outnumber. That is the way it is, but I will not grief a player for my enjoyment.

I'm going to start shooting any mounted or players who are coming towards me. I will assume you are hostile until I can see a guild/name tag.

You shouldn't be running up to people if you are not an RPK'er.

Tekk

Apr 5, 2021
As an ARPKr I ride towards people all of the time to identify who they are. If they are an RPKr i killl them. It sounds like you want ARPKrs to play by different rules than you because you've been losing alot.

Im sorry to inform you that ARPK doesn't mean care carebear.

Just don't be surprised if you get shot since you are a humanoid running towards people outside the city. That's an RPK habit.

Piet

May 28, 2020
I don’t quite understand why guilds call themselves an ARPK guild while calling themselves a PvP guild that will PK other players in other guilds and are willing to grief “APRK”ers in town. AFAIK, murderers cannot respawn in town so the person you are killing is considered innocent.

With the Toggle Guild Affiliation command, you can remove your guild tag so there is no way of knowing if that person is in the guild you are targeting.

I don’t believe PKing a person warrants a player to be griefed in town. If you are an ARPK’er, and you are repeatedly killing a player inside a GUARDED town, then how does that make you better than the “ARPK”Er’s you claim to be against? This would be considered griefing since they are allowed to spawn in town as they are not murderers. Since they are not murderers, they probably haven’t been going around randomly killing everyone they see.

I think guilds are starting to call themselves “APRK” to make themselves feel like the good guys. What makes aPK random? What if you see a person strolling along and they have nice looking gear. You decide to kill (or try to) kill them. Is that considered random?

What if a person is farming a cave or a nice grinding spot? Is it random if you kill them for that spot?

I think ARPK Guilds need to rethink their stance or else they will be against the entire server where PKing is the norm. People who avoid being a murderer will be selective on who they kill.

I suggest, if you want to be the “Good Guys”, try defending a section of the land/map from groups (regardless of guild affiliation) that are out hunting innocent players. Be the protectors of the land. Don’t grief players inside the towns. Don’t be toxic.

New players to these types of games should be mindful that ARPK guilds can be bullies and be toxic guilds too.

Personally my group doesn't kill people in town unless they attack in town first even if you are RPK. Not all ARPK are the way we are but don't group all of us as if we would do that. You do make the point of it mattering if they are blue, that doesn't matter, lots of rpk groups have blue and lots of arpk groups have red. Hell I am red currently. If you see a person in nice gear or in your spot yes it's random. For ARPK we only kill those people if they are in rpk guilds or have commited acts of rpk. For empire building they would reach out and try to decide if they can come to a diplomatic compromise to share the spot or publicly announce that they are in conflict with an enemy guild, or that the area is claimed as theirs and all intruders are liable to be killed if they do not leave upon request, etc. There is lots of ways to handle things and killing someone on sight is the rpk way and killing those people is the arpk way.

Rolan

Apr 21, 2021
ARPK to me is Anti Random Player Killing, random player killing is murdering someone without any proper cause, ex. loot or bloodlust. So those who are anti RPK, whether you wanna say good guys or bad guys whatever...they are there to kill only those who do so carelessly. Personally, my guild (Karleon Order) is ARPK and fight lots of RPK groups and solo players, and when you say "I suggest, if you want to be the “Good Guys”, try defending a section of the land/map from groups (regardless of guild affiliation) that are out hunting innocent players. Be the protectors of the land. Don’t grief players inside the towns. Don’t be toxic." this is quite literally what we do as an ARPK guild but killing red RPK players inside town is NECESSARY to do this, you can't have complete honor when fighting rats and griefers, you let them use the town freely but get killed by them both inside and out, and they will abuse your "honor" to just go RPK some more. It's really simple, TRUE ARPK groups are there to fight RPK groups and protect solos, new players, and smaller groups and you cant just let RPKers run around town and call yourself an ARPK group. Its shooting yourself in the foot to not attack them.

TwistedSister77

Apr 23, 2021
ARPK to me is Anti Random Player Killing, random player killing is murdering someone without any proper cause, ex. loot or bloodlust. So those who are anti RPK, whether you wanna say good guys or bad guys whatever...they are there to kill only those who do so carelessly. Personally, my guild (Karleon Order) is ARPK and fight lots of RPK groups and solo players, and when you say "I suggest, if you want to be the “Good Guys”, try defending a section of the land/map from groups (regardless of guild affiliation) that are out hunting innocent players. Be the protectors of the land. Don’t grief players inside the towns. Don’t be toxic." this is quite literally what we do as an ARPK guild but killing red RPK players inside town is NECESSARY to do this, you can't have complete honor when fighting rats and griefers, you let them use the town freely but get killed by them both inside and out, and they will abuse your "honor" to just go RPK some more. It's really simple, TRUE ARPK groups are there to fight RPK groups and protect solos, new players, and smaller groups and you cant just let RPKers run around town and call yourself an ARPK group. Its shooting yourself in the foot to not attack them.

Very interesting, discussing this game on other forums... I like FFA PvP... most dismiss this game as a "gankfest".

The concept of ARPK players/guilds + a reputation system... has me believing otherwise (of course plenty of ganks, and deaths, just not the pure chaos they assume).

I actually like there are a players of RPK and ARPK... causes conflict.

Herb

Oct 23, 2020
Jungle
Truth behind it is, some heathens hide their actions with blinded morals that assures them they are in the right, no matter what they kill for, they are murderers, and can't be trusted.

TwistedSister77

Apr 23, 2021
How do ARPK guilds resolve if players are trash talking, but on screen it appears random? Or false reports?

What about roleplay? Asking for a few coin to pass into a different region, but a player refuses?

Shouldn't ARPK guilds have a specific region and citizens of that region that they protect? It's weird to say a solo player can go anywhere and resource gather, and a ARPK will avenge you... in a FFA PVP game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldrath

TwistedSister77

Apr 23, 2021
How do ARPK guilds resolve if players are trash talking, but on screen it appears random? Or false reports?

What about roleplay? Asking for a few coin to pass into a different region, but a player refuses?

Shouldn't ARPK guilds have a specific region and citizens of that region that they protect? It's weird to say a solo player can go anywhere and resource gather, and a ARPK will avenge you... in a FFA PVP game.

Wardens or other ARPK guilds, any thoughts on this? Maybe dead forums?

Neem

Apr 2, 2021

I think the main difference between ARPK and RPK is that ARPK doesn't go around and kill random farmers, or anyone they choose at random like RPK guilds do. ARPK DOES NOT mean anti PK, IT MEANS anti RANDOM player killing.

You clearly aren't understanding the name at its core.

Reactions: FastFeary

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
I'm noticing a few guilds are saying "we are an ARPK guild in our home town but anywhere else the members can choose", to me this makes you an RPK guild.
Anyone care to shed some light in this?

Piet

May 28, 2020

Sorry just saw your message. Anyone can send us an RPK report. We aren't going to just believe hearsay so the more proof the better but even without any proof if you report it and others report it the proof stacks up and we are able to add them to the RPK list. We are working on an exhaustive list of all rpkers across all of nave and will KOS them. If there is conflict between other parties and they are asking us to get involved we generally ask and try to get both sides. If someone is RPKing there usually isn't a single time it has happened and therefore isn't just 1 persons word vs another. Roleplay to me is fine but I can't speak for everyone. I personally want more interaction than just gank feast and ARPK also tends to get the most pvp because rpkers tend to seek them out for fights more than others and you're not just killing people that can't defend themselves.

Reactions: FastFeary

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
I'm noticing a few guilds are saying "we are an ARPK guild in our home town but anywhere else the members can choose", to me this makes you an RPK guild.
Anyone care to shed some light in this?

Some guilds are just more complex than just RPK, anti-PK, aRPK...
Such a guild would be both aRPK and RPK at the same time and it's futile to try to fit them under one of the terms.

I mean, they don't even necessarily RPK since outside of home, the members can choose. They can choose to not RPK.