Reputation System

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
Currently, you lose reputation with the faction of whatever priest your "victim" chooses to revive at

Instead, negative rep should be given based on the home priest of the victim. This way for big guild pvp fights - Bakti guild comes to raid Fabernum and dies, they cant just respawn naked in town to turn all Fabernum defenders into criminals in their own town. Its horrible. If its based on home priest, they at least have to commit to staying there a while and actually declare it as home before they will be considered citizens of the area that are due protection and justice. This also solves the issue of people choosing where someone will get negative rep by ghosting across the world, as you cannot set home priest while dead.

Then in future when guild keeps / player towns are in, anyone who has a home priest set to their guild priest cannot give negative rep to anyone. If you choose to live out of a guild town you should be outside of the normal criminal system. This makes sense mostly for gameplay though, as big guild PVP fights would no longer turn everyone neg rep.

Its not perfect, but I believe it would be a far better system than the current one.

PS. For flagging - we only really need local gray implemented for reds and no criminal status for mages healing reds

Last edited:

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
I agree. There currently needs to be a complete rework of many aspects of the Flag and Reputation system. These seem like sensible design choices in the right direction.

Reactions: Slyy and Konrad

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Maybe they should just drop the flagging system altogether and use only the reputation system and a temporary criminal status. 10 minutes or similar might do.
Then they could control the system by adjusting how easy/difficult it is to farm reputation.

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
Great idea and as a guy said there adding a timer to the home priest would be awesome something 24h cooldown on changing the home priest + this system is fantastic, currently the defenders are basically punished for defending themselves and attackers whether they win or lose they can fuck with the defenders. Right now if you are a defender you are better off logging off as in a single fight you can get basically banished from your own town.

Reactions: Rorry and Slyy

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I don't see it,

With a local system you should lose rep in close proximity to where the crime occurs. Not a home priest.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
I have not explored the rep system yet, are there any downsides to being a murderer? or having bad rep?

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
With a local system you should lose rep in close proximity to where the crime occurs. Not a home priest.

This is what I first wanted from MO2 also, but it won't work in reality and will still only help the roaming attacking side. The issue is, its not a "crime" its guild v guild PVP by 2 groups who live in different areas of the map. Imagine it like this: A guild from Bakti comes to raid your town of Fabernum, they are all killed and the town is defended. Should you then be hated by your own town? Or should you be hated by the town they came from?

You can't rely on the attacking side all being criminal because it just simply doesn't work like that in actual PVP, only on paper.

I have not explored the rep system yet, are there any downsides to being a murderer? or having bad rep?

- Murderers can be attacked and killed by other players anywhere in the world at any time for no consequences.
- Bad reppers on the other hand, will be attacked by the guards of the faction that they are negative rep with.

You get rep back by fighting risars. You decrease MCs by time spent ingame (8 hours per 1mc)

Last edited:
Reactions: Konrad and Vandit

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I agree with that people shouldnt be able to ghost across the world to give their enemies a rep hit. If its home priest based, itt should say what province a person is loyal to under their name (so that you dont kill a bakti kid outside meduli and take a bakti hit), or it needs to be on a short timer, like 5 mins or less, so that they can pretty much only ghost to the nearest town to give a rep hit. That way if you are killing outside meduli, you cant take a khurite hit. Ect.

Reactions: Xunila and Slyy

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I agree with that people shouldnt be able to ghost across the world to give their enemies a rep hit. If its home priest based, itt should say what province a person is loyal to under their name (so that you dont kill a bakti kid outside meduli and take a bakti hit), or it needs to be on a short timer, like 5 mins or less, so that they can pretty much only ghost to the nearest town to give a rep hit. That way if you are killing outside meduli, you cant take a khurite hit. Ect.
Why wouldn't you just set your home priest somewhere you don't care too much about. Like GK which doesn't even have a rep faction.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Why wouldn't you just set your home priest somewhere you don't care too much about. Like GK which doesn't even have a rep faction.
To prevent people from abusing it, they could make it so you have to swear loyalty to a faction to be able to give reputation hit. then if people want to live at meduli and give faction hit for that area, they need to set it as home.

Reactions: Slyy

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
I do like this idea but people like Teknique have valid concerns like what if ur homepoint is set to GK or something. Idk were probably onto something with this idea but things for sure need to change with the murder / rep system.

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
good suggestion
also , i want them to add a damn local grey flag. Now if you red and someone engage you, you just stack on murders, there is no retaliation mechanics, that suck asses

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
To prevent people from abusing it, they could make it so you have to swear loyalty to a faction to be able to give reputation hit. then if people want to live at meduli and give faction hit for that area, they need to set it as home.

They should need to publicly declare for the faction in a way that is visible to other players. Like if you kill someone who is with the Tindremenes, and the Tindremenes are going to hold that against you, then they should be a proud enough Tindremene to display their affiliation.

After all all these factions are at war with other races and there are all forms of races wearing all forms of armor running around. How am I to know a Thursar isn't working with the Risars? A Khurite is in Fab to loot? A Tindremene isn't in Morin Khur to oppress?

If people want the protection of these factions, they should have to display things that show me where their loyalties lie.

Reactions: Rorry

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
They should need to publicly declare for the faction in a way that is visible to other players. Like if you kill someone who is with the Tindremenes, and the Tindremenes are going to hold that against you, then they should be a proud enough Tindremene to display their affiliation.

After all all these factions are at war with other races and there are all forms of races wearing all forms of armor running around. How am I to know a Thursar isn't working with the Risars? A Khurite is in Fab to loot? A Tindremene isn't in Morin Khur to oppress?

If people want the protection of these factions, they should have to display things that show me where their loyalties lie.
Yes, 100% agree. I thought that it should display below or above their guild, but I forgot to type it haha. But yes you need to know where you are going to lose reputation when you attack someone. Thats a huge part of the new flagging, and needs to be implemented well.