Are you still here humiliating yourself? Don't you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself? Get out there and do something with your life, kid.another ad hominem, what a waste.
Are you still here humiliating yourself? Don't you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself? Get out there and do something with your life, kid.another ad hominem, what a waste.
You are on a cope tour spamming same insults. You made 0 arguments yet.Are you still here humiliating yourself? Don't you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself? Get out there and do something with your life, kid.
Well they just announced they will be doing combat balance monthly till the end of the year.Please continue to boost my shite. I think it will be coming up on Google soon when people search Mortal Online haha.
I have given this a lot of thought, and it is just disappointing because MO is the only MMO type game that I would want to play at the current point. People say MO is dun, etc, but they are just messing up constantly. MO has had no decent competitor in almost its whole lifetime. Some things came out, but they are very old now as well. People want something different, that isn't formulaic. MO's foray into the formulaic has been... PROBLEMATIC?
Let us give an example in honor of the late Iloros. If you imagine combat balance, there has been an issue in every game that I can think of, including high level 2D fighters: slow and powerful characters get less effective as the skill level rises. They would basically need to be able to punish people by predicting their moves, but that would mean they would need too many unblockable skills, which poses a new problem. This HAS NOT BEEN addressed in any 2D fighter that I know of. I think they kind of settled into it.
Now, we move onto MO and we discuss Alvarin. At one point, Alvarin and Alvarin Archers were heavily gated by HEAVY ARMOR. They could not wear full steel themselves, steel limits their mobility for jumping as well, and more importantly, when they faced a heavily armored enemy, their damage fell off hard. The only alvarin that could fight effectively against a heavy fighter was a mage.
What changed? Well, they became faster and gained +20 intelligence. They became uninterruptable. They gained the ability to move while casting. They gained toggle + buffs like brace. On the other side, fighters and archers, they gained +6 bow str. They gained 20% draw speed, extra weak spot chance, they gained the ability to wear heavier armor, they gained an armor pierce active skill...
I think it is important to list these changes because it is indeed quite crazy when you add them all together.
HOWEVER, one can say these changes were added by people who were whining situationally when they got a bad match up.
"I can't dmg him cuz tower shield / steel+ ! "
"Dood keeps interrupting me / I keep getting interrupted in PvE."
This is just one issue in the game, but to outline it shows the impact that power creep + community driven changes can impact things drastically.
People are entitled and they don't want to anything to counter their build.
They want to skill out vs everyone, but the actual truth is an open world pvp sandbox is not like that. For the sandbox lifers, I would say WE play games like because they present us with un-winnable situations sometimes, which makes it more exciting. It it a different game. It's not an extraction arena.
Throughout MO history, people have whined for changes because they didn't want the persistent world to be persistent. They didn't want things like having to manage your hunger reserves. They didn't want to mine. So, what became 'the grind?' They made speccing your character a thousand-hour marathon and called it end game. No real loss except time, then you get to the end and what? Same game which is lacking.
It's like when I did soph in MO1. I came in and was surprised someone hadn't already done it. Argued with some people over whether it was possible or whether 'just eating fish' was better. I focused on it, I did it, and then I had an ability to do something nobody else could, and pretty reliably. But I was like... ok what's the next step? There really wasn't one haha. So I came back a bit on and off, I made metals, I bred some weird mounts, but other than supplying friends who were engaged in playing what the game offered, I was pretty bored with it.
Here we are, we got fkn elementalism. That shit is amazing in the scope of MO. It just goes to show what could be possible. Shooting a giant fireball that tracks for a really, really long time. Creating a storm, etc. Is it balanced? Not really haha but it shows how far they can push the boundaries of the original MO1 engine without it being too glitchy.
So, why is the meta game so bland? Why is TC shit? Why are there not empires and kings. Why isn't it a world? Somehow, it became LESS world-like than MO1. That is the problem I have, and I list the alvarin issue as an example of how SV seems to address things and how un-helpful it is to a longterm game.
Iloros just wants to be able to pvp vs the people who zerg him at akreps, and while that is an honorable intention, it's just one tiny aspect of the larger issue, and I promise you that all the people who quit were thinking more along the lines that I am than "nerf alvarin!" It sucks to get zerged down or to die in general, but if people have a reason to keep playing, they will, and they will sub. Unfortunately, SV has given us no reason to play.
Iloros, you seem to think I cannot play the game as it is. I can play it just fine. It's just not worth it to me. I can succeed in MO2 as is. It's easy. So easy it's not even fun.
(bonggg)
This is not at all what they wrote. You're imaging things they are saying to fit your dreams.Well they just announced they will be doing combat balance monthly till the end of the year.
So I aint reading allat lmao
In the end they are doing what I suggested and what's needed.
Enjoy the rising pop over the months.
This is not at all what they wrote. You're imaging things they are saying to fit your dreams.
they literally did write that, you are in full denial now, this is not a debatable point.This is not at all what they wrote. You're imaging things they are saying to fit your dreams.
All my arguments are in good faith, you are full ignoring them and going off about irrelevant stuff. If you'd actually shown willingness to engage with the argument, we could go into it, no problem, but you full ignore all my main points and say some irrelevant stuff.I have met thousands of people on the internet. Maybe tens of thousands+, Iloros is in a unique category of people who actually annoy me. haha. He is the king of bad faith arguments. He accuses other people of doing shit he does, and he did it in this thread. aiye.
Still, that post is here for the other visitors. I hope MO does get pop back. I want to ride my croc in the water at maxspeed.
Edit:
Also, I wanted to post that I have met people in this game who I would describe as "MO Lifers," who probably don't fit into any other game. Some of them are in this thread, others have gone far, far away haha. But the greatest indictment of this game's direction, to me, is that it cannot retain those players. No matter how you slice it, that it hasn't been able to satisfy its core customer base is a huge issue. If people truly believe MO has evolved and become something new and better, explain what that is?
Given that the whole world can play MO, more or less, the fact that they have so few people invested is very sad. As I said, I would give them advice if they asked. I have given them advice, unsolicited. But 'the thing' we were all waiting for never happened, and it's low-key amazing how they have been able to skate so well around that thing and not do it, while doing so many other things.
All my arguments are in good faith, you are full ignoring them and going off about irrelevant stuff. If you'd actually shown willingness to engage with the argument, we could go into it, no problem, but you full ignore all my main points and say some irrelevant stuff.
I am sorry, they are agian doing exact thing I said they should do, doing balance till the end of the year, so all your ideas go out the window and this debate isn't really relevant.
Yeah but there's goals to conversations. If they are literally doing what I wanted them to do, I'll let the pop gain speak for itself instead of reading your essay that genuinely does not interact with any of my points.hi. The thread was about what they should do, not what they were going to do.
Bookmark this: https://steamcharts.com/app/1170950
Then let us reprieve judgement until december 31 2026Yeah but there's goals to conversations. If they are literally doing what I wanted them to do, I'll let the pop gain speak for itself instead of reading your essay that genuinely does not interact with any of my points.
The pop is 350 because they were not doing balance, now they announced they will do balance and I promise you people will come back en masse over the time. I predict 1200 pop by the end of the year.
Not without a reasonThen let us reprieve judgement until december 31 2026
Not without a reason
THEY LITERALLY ANNOUNCED ANALYTICS BASED BALANCE PATCHES LOL???what's the bet? Are you fartbox? Dude said something similar to me, how the game was gonna explode in pop once they added wep abilities. He left haha.
There are many ways you can read their announcement. It definitely says they are going to be doing more patches, which is good, and it definitely said they are not going to be adding more content. Beyond that, I would caution you against putting your dreams in there.
There are def ways that they could fix the game. As I said before, all I want is a show of faith. I want them to take a big step, and they can. The systems are already there for at least going in the right directions, but will they do it?
I still blame you personally for armor normalization
LMK on bet, 1200 average? That is insanely high for MO, historically. That would be awesome, for sure, but I can't see it happening without big changes.
Take the W man, you warned them relentlessly. They ignored the warnings, and your prediction of what would happen if they continued ignoring the warnings came to fruition. Now you're predicting it's all gonna be okay because they decided to listen after the pop disappeared nearly completely? It's done brother, it's over. They had their chance and they blew it time and time again.THEY LITERALLY ANNOUNCED ANALYTICS BASED BALANCE PATCHES LOL???
Why lie? Content and more patches? Era of REFINEMENT, the first of the 3 things thex mention is BALANCE ADJUSTMENTS and rhen they list CLADES CLADE GIFTS BLOODLINES AND MASTERIES
You are in full denial and lying on repeat dor no reason.
Actual full blown 180 denial lmao.
And yes the pop will go up, care to put a wager on it?
I agree it might be, I play other games. Does not take too long to write a few sentences. The game is miserable to play and I do not recommend it to anyone in its current state, make no mistake.Take the W man, you warned them relentlessly. They ignored the warnings, and your prediction of what would happen if they continued ignoring the warnings came to fruition. Now you're predicting it's all gonna be okay because they decided to listen after the pop disappeared nearly completely? It's done brother, it's over. They had their chance and they blew it time and time again.
MO had a great system with brutal siege before, dudes would get sieged for violating... if they black listed people from town (you could make it so people couldnt enter town by black listing if you owned the town,) if they sieged a small guild that people liked, etc. All these actions resonate. The fact that everyone is role playing pve-ing bobs killing bandits en masse makes it so there are fewer world altering consequences and said consequences are what drive real end game content and make the world alive.Having more open siege would also be awesome, but I dunno if MO pop is ready for true siege YET, but you should be able to siege shit. Even if they made it so you can't siege like the main building and the chancery to start, would be nice.
THEY LITERALLY ANNOUNCED ANALYTICS BASED BALANCE PATCHES LOL???
Why lie? Content and more patches? Era of REFINEMENT, the first of the 3 things thex mention is BALANCE ADJUSTMENTS and rhen they list CLADES CLADE GIFTS BLOODLINES AND MASTERIES
You are in full denial and lying on repeat dor no reason.
Actual full blown 180 denial lmao.
And yes the pop will go up, care to put a wager on it?
Dude you first literally said that anything past content additions is a speculation when THEY ANNOUNCED CLADE BALANCE CHANGES!Why would I not want them to balance the game?
They are going to USE DATA and BALANCE. Do you know how many things that can be balanced? A lot of that shit is indeed busted, but what i'm saying is what makes you think they are going to make meaningful changes and/or changes that you like?
They had the data from people posting over like 5 years, brother.
I do want to wager that the pop will not be 1200 concurrent by New Years. Would you like to change it a little, so you aren't handing me an automatic win?
The wager, on my side, is simple: if you are wrong, I don't want you to ever post on this forum again. There are many other places you can shit up. The Iloros forum era is depressing af to me.