Your Veteran Outlaw trinket drop nerf sucks

Spawl

Jan 22, 2022
You dropped the rate of decent jewelry down to the dirt a few weeks back. They are on a 1-hour timer and hard to get in any sort of volume. While folks are farming these dungeons and getting great rings, controlled by parties you should be giving some back for people out there hitting outlaws, bringing content into the world.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
If it makes you feel any better this is the second major nerf to these drops. When they originally implemented outlaws they would drop insane amount of amazing trinkets.

Just SV doing their regular thing. A year or so after implementing something new it gets nerfed and nerfed into oblivion. All the people that farm it hard in the beginning reap all the benefits and late comers get screwed.

Spawl

Jan 22, 2022
If it makes you feel any better this is the second major nerf to these drops. When they originally implemented outlaws they would drop insane amount of amazing trinkets.

Just SV doing their regular thing. A year or so after implementing something new it gets nerfed and nerfed into oblivion. All the people that farm it hard in the beginning reap all the benefits and late comers get screwed.
So, this isn't some new thing for me, and I've played MO2 since release. I've done thousands of outlaws and have routes from MK all the way to Fab that I've run regularly. I can count on two hands how many topaz or better pieces of jewelry I've managed to pick up and I've got RTGL rings I use all the time. The thing is, I used to think I could get something about once a month on average, but it is just stupid how dry it has gone.

Everything drops way too much when they first release something, which is actually contrary to what they should be doing. The interest of a new dungeon alone will provide activity for an area. If anything, they should be undertuned on release and then increase the drops a bit later.

Outlaws are better for the server. They spread the population out into other areas and keep the world feeling more alive. They are harder than most of the other mobs and evidenced by the complaints that folks used to have about them. Now they just run away since they aren't worth fighting and horses are moving faster. I understand that they got tuned down because there is a perception that they were getting farmed too much because of house server mesh issues. Well, most of those are fixed or will be fixed shortly, so lets get the drop rates tuned back up.

Reactions: Jackdstripper

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I agree. Its completely backwards to have high drop rates at the start and then nerf it as time goes buy. And yet its what SV does to pretty much every new content. Spiritism being the latest thing they nerfed into the ground after letting first adopters make piles of gold when it was first released. Makes no sense. Only makes life harder for new people coming into the game, that already have to contend with vets having huge stockpiles of stuff they got when it was easy to farm.

Reactions: Gnidex

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
With SV the rule is: Always play on patch day.

They ALWAYS do this: introduce unbalanced feature X. After some indeterminate ammount of time they nerf it into oblivion.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
The beauty of RNGs, you could get one every minute or one every year.

I mean just increase your luck somehow, im sure its not that hard...

The most braindead choice for game developers simply are putting RNGs in their game, but hey 90% of humanity is addicted to gambling so thats why RNGs are EVERYWHERE at this point...

And they say humans are unique and not robots.