You Thought It Was OVER?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I can take it there!! ahaha.

This is a change.org petition for MO2 subscription on STEAM! GETM.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Signed.
what difference does it make to you where to pay?
There could be many different answers to this question depending on who you ask.

With such a niche game they should want to insure that everyone willing to pay is comfortable doing so.

Limiting payment options is closing the doors on some of these potential paying players.

TheNomadMan

Dec 15, 2021
Here's my bit... how does this 3rd party payment bit benefit players, eh?
Does 3rd party payment make paying: easier, faster, more secure, less expensive to me?
No, no, no, and no..?
Then why should I, huh?
Bet if subs are low enough: they'll give in and use Steam/Epic.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
Many of my guildmates have security concerns to give their credit card info to Star Vault. A lot of them are getting pre paid Cards. A possibility but an extra step to pay. Might be a concern for some people.

On SV side its clear why they wouldnt want to give steam the 20% cut. Sub through their own website yields them much more money.

Reactions: Gnidex and Amadman

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Many of my guildmates have security concerns to give their credit card info to Star Vault. A lot of them are getting pre paid Cards. A possibility but an extra step to pay. Might be a concern for some people.

On SV side its clear why they wouldnt want to give steam the 20% cut. Sub through their own website yields them much more money.
This. SV has a bad record of mismanaging payment info. I myself had my payment method compromise when they were victims of the data breach back in MO1.
Of course i cant prove anything, but it happened right after the breach, and it was used in Europe ( across the world from me).
I will not use my credit cards for this. They better accept pre-paid ones.

Reactions: Gnidex

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
They don't store any payment info and are therefor using a payment option that you basically have all over different shops. I prefer them to make more money and get the game better. This sub with steam or doom is just BS

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
As long as the payment information is kept secure, the process is smooth, and prices are reasonable, I don't think it matters too much which platform SV decides to go with.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
As long as the payment information is kept secure, the process is smooth, and prices are reasonable, I don't think it matters too much which platform SV decides to go with.

Who knows what's what, though. I am pretty sure if steam had time packages they would sell better, though, just my 2c. We have stalled on sigs! :eek: Oh well, I said I would sub if they do it thru steam, but it's more like cuz I already know they won't haha. So eee.

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022

Bro do u not use your credit card at gas stations? Gtfo of here your trolling.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I had an issue with it when they switched to exclusively using steam as well.

And now I don't want them to take that option away now. :)

So for me it may partially be resistance to change.

But it is also about having the option I am accustomed to using being taken away.

As for gas pumps. There can be risks when using them. But you are given options.

If someone is concerned about swiping outside then they can find places that allow tap on the pumps.

They can also opt to pay cash inside or use the reader inside that is less likely to have been tampered with.

Again, there are options for those that may have concerns.

Legit or otherwise.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I had an issue with it when they switched to exclusively using steam as well.

And now I don't want them to take that option away now. :)

So for me it may partially be resistance to change.

But it is also about having the option I am accustomed to using being taken away.

As for gas pumps. There can be risks when using them. But you are given options.

If someone is concerned about swiping outside then they can find places that allow tap on the pumps.

They can also opt to pay cash inside or use the reader inside that is less likely to have been tampered with.

Again, there are options for those that may have concerns.

Legit or otherwise.

Like I said, creative marketing. Time packs, possible multi acct packs (with codes you enter into steam that give you sub time, makes a lot more freaking sense than having to link your steam,) those are the kind of marketing things that are going to help MO succeed imo. You accommodate the player. MO says "No" way too often. Are we gonna do this... No. I guess it's better than them lying like maybe... in the future. haha. But still.

I PROMISE YOU SV, IT'S A NO BRAINER. STEAM SUB.

WHY WOULD YOU LIMIT THE WAYS TO PLAY YOUR GAME? You can say well they get more money from Stripe than Steam, well, put the price up on steam then, work it out into a pack like I said! Keep in mind people want multiple subs, so factor that in, too. You will still sell more. But I can't even do it anymore. Seems I am falling on deaf ears. Def ear dmg.