You guys are still doing hunger and thirst wrong

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
In MO if you eat something your Hunger goes up and if you drink something your Thirst goes up, if you have no Hunger you starve and if you have no thirst you can drink.
That is the exact opposite of how it should be.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Also, just for clarification sake since I do not have MO1 installed to check..

Didn't MO1 already do this to an extent?

Again, I don't remember if it was purely labeled 'hunger' - but there was a statistic that went 'up' the longer you went without eating and or dying a bunch.

You'd eat food, whether it was a drink-like food or not; lowering it.

Thirst was directly tied to the usage of potions.

maxresdefault.jpg

* Found a picture from one of FGC videos. Yeah, hunger goes up when you don't eat, die, or both. Thirst would go up, and stay up, because it was directly tied to potion using / consumption.

I think you're talking about reserves, in regards to MO1.

Now if you're referencing MO2, as I haven't messed around with the latest patch, then yes it should go back to being like this.

Reactions: Vagrant

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I *think* it still is.. there were discussions in MO about having separate pot thirst and having an actual thirst relating to the heat factor.

not looking forward to micro managing both myself and mounts etc in the heat along with food though lol

That sounds so cancer. I'm for food giving reserves, and higher quality foods even giving buff-like properties. Am I interested in survival elements? No. Heat should be dealt with by armor and armor alone IMO.

OR

Take it a step further, and instead of adding poo-poo survival elements, just make it so certain foods boost heat-resistant properties.