Ya'll frickin' KILLED IT!

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
Weather system is amazing, really helps with the view distance. Masking the fault of view distance with weather to obstruct vision is A++ game design. Cannot WAIT for UE5 (and underwater/boats). One of the biggest flaws of out door scenes is foliage and view distance, using weather to mask view distance and the way the jungle is put together for foliage is some of the best i've seen.

Reactions: Elijah

Xalir

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Dec 7, 2022
I will allow this post, but in the future please remember to keep your forum titles appropriate.

• Haha
Reactions: ArcaneConsular

Rudakov

May 31, 2020
Yea A++ but its client side , so u can hide in fog how much u want but other people cant see it . SV style

Reactions: tal0s

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Ive notice in the JG its not really fog!

Its more of a gray scale mask. That is only on things close to you.
You can tell this, because in the far distances you can still see dark outlines and shapes of stuff far away just not close. If it were good fog you wouldnt see shit.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
Ive notice in the JG its not really fog!

Its more of a gray scale mask. That is only on things close to you.
You can tell this, because in the far distances you can still see dark outlines and shapes of stuff far away just not close. If it were good fog you wouldnt see shit.
might depend on graphics options, i play everything epic or cinematic and sometimes fog is so thick i can't see 20m

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
I am playing on GFN and I can't see any difference in weather. Sometimes I hear it's raining butt here is no clouds and there is no rain. Sometimes I can see the rain drops without any raining sounds and without dark clouds. Never experienced storm or blizzard, it's just same as before. There is difference actually, since they made the weather client side, there was situations that for two players it's different weather condition on same spot. One can see the fog the other one can't. For one it's raining for the other it's sunny day.