Why we are Anti-Wipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You are one of the biggest scum buckets in the game and whine about everything. Literally every post you make is crying about some feature to cover your own impotence. Get over it.
Can you please apply your self to the discussion or at least explain your position on why I am "biggest scum buckets" of the game. I don't care who has a keep, nor do I want one. But it is important that MO2 get a proper and fair fresh start with how much of a disaster mo1 reputation is. I would have though that Koto would have had a keep long ago. The queue must have been hard. If there was a wipe then then Im sure koto could also get those pesky russian keeps too with your full force.
First keep without exploits has been build last night so a bit too late for a wipe
Content had a keep last night too. I cant say the TC or Bear exploited their keep either and they had one before last night. I saw nothing to see that the russians cheated, and I was there when the meme of NO duping was created.

@Serverus If people are demoralized by the devs correcting the world then what do you say to all the people who are stuck in queue and unable to participate in getting ahead like all the people in game are getting ahead now.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Literally every MMORPG launch has this issue. Some people can play, others can't. The people who can't become sour as those who can make tons of progress while they are left out. They then dream up an idea, what if we just wiped again once the issues are resolved?

No, dude. That's what the beta was for. In every game. Forget MO2. Any game that had a signifcant population wanting to play has had these issues. Is this everyone's first MMO launch or what?
No I'm sure people have experienced many MMORPG launches, but as the saying goes in 2 weeks time people will forget what happen. Most people just forgot how ban the launch was for other MMORPGs, I mean there a guy I know who played Bless Unleashed launch who currently complain on the steam forms about this launch being the worse he ever seen.

But you know Bless Unleash launch 90% of the people that bought that game couldn't even login for the first month because the game was failing to sync with steam an log you into the game. It took 1 week of radio silence from neowiz never once acknowledging that they knew of the issue or were even fixing it before they finally ninja patched the problem. But that not even the worst part, the worst part is they didn't even compensate people who paid for the subscription benefits. Basically because neowiz fucked up many players lost out on 7 days of their premium service an got nothing as an apology for Neowiz's blunter. But hey that was 4 months ago far longer than 2 weeks seems people have already forgotten how bad that game's launch was.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
No I'm sure people have experienced many MMORPG launches, but as the saying goes in 2 weeks time people will forget what happen. Most people just forgot how ban the launch was for other MMORPGs, I mean there a guy I know who played Bless Unleashed launch who currently complain on the steam forms about this launch being the worse he ever seen.

But you know Bless Unleash launch 90% of the people that bought that game couldn't even login for the first month because the game was failing to sync with steam an log you into the game. It took 1 week of radio silence from neowiz never once acknowledging that they knew of the issue or were even fixing it before they finally ninja patched the problem. But that not even the worst part, the worst part is they didn't even compensate people who paid for the subscription benefits. Basically because neowiz fucked up many players lost out on 7 days of their premium service an got nothing as an apology for Neowiz's blunter. But hey that was 4 months ago far longer than 2 weeks seems people have already forgotten how bad that game's launch was.

Honestly anyone who bought Bless Unleashed after Bless closed down almost immediately after it launched was asking for it. Very low IQ move.
In comparison, Star Vault is not even charging subscription yet. They've been extremely open with communication. And they've had a better launch than companies worth literal billions. I think they deserve some small amount of credit.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Can a pro wipe person explain how a wipe will fix the queue? Because it wont. All it will do is get some people back to haven. But most of us left haven for a reason. I want to paly the actual game. Not play on haven where I cant get any good materials, cant bring any of them back to myrland with me, and cant dunk any kids. Ya I'd love to go back for a day or 2 to max my bow crafting and wep crafting because its easier. But I dont want to be on haven and I'd never delete my character to get back and re grind everything.

All a wipe would do to help the queue, is make a ton of player quit the game. Who then wont be queueing. But I feel liek thats not the fix the game needs.

Draed

Jan 4, 2022
So I’m reading a lot of comments in Discord and mainly it is about SV doing a wipe so that everyone can be on an even playing field. Truth of the matter is, everyone is experiencing the same queue issue. So no one really has a true advantage. Some were smart and made impossible moves the first two days. But this does not change the fact that everyone is suffering from the games poor launch.

this just isnt true, speaking anecdotally, i was able to skip the queue for the first 3 days, power leveled my skills, and i can make steel weapons/armor. after the 3 days, ive been unable to play the game, i've tried every fix on discord, reinstalled, reset router, but i sit in queue forever. i know multiple others who have been having this exact issue since day 1. the queue system is not fair, robmo even released a statement on discord recently talking about how the queue system plays favorites randomly. no one likes starting weeks behind just because they got unlucky.

"some were smart and made impossible moves the first two days." is this in reference to guilds abusing haven gold funneling to buy keeps within the first few hours? and now big zergs have keeps that cannot currently be sieged or destroyed. this is exploiting, and was patched within 24 hours, sv had guilds telling them for months it'd be abused, launch comes, and then they change their mind after the fact.

this is why i think the game needs a myrland wipe, to force everyone through haven again, and those who've been stuck in haven can get through. haven has the infrastructure, and gates in place to stop the gold funneling, but since the server is persistent, the damage is already done. they have literally one opportunity to wipe, and seeing as how this cant even be called a launch, they might as well take it, and wipe on the same patch they fix server lag & queue issues.

• Angry
Reactions: Serverus

Draed

Jan 4, 2022
Can a pro wipe person explain how a wipe will fix the queue? Because it wont.

the wipe is not the solution to the queue issues, i dont see anyone parading it as such. if they are, their position is different from mine.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
the wipe is not the solution to the queue issues, i dont see anyone parading it as such. if they are, their position is different from mine.
Fair enough

this is why i think the game needs a myrland wipe, to force everyone through haven again, and those who've been stuck in haven can get through. haven has the infrastructure, and gates in place to stop the gold funneling, but since the server is persistent, the damage is already done. they have literally one opportunity to wipe, and seeing as how this cant even be called a launch, they might as well take it, and wipe on the same patch they fix server lag & queue issues.
The issue is this isnt the needed fix. They could just delete those guilds keeps. No reason to punish everyone because a few guilds abused haven. I didn't kill walkers on haven for 8 hours to get my stupid clade gifts so they can wipe and I get to do it again. And most players are on the same boat. We didn't do what we did so we can do it again. Because a small amount of players cheated.

Also, some people may be new here. But MO1 was a never ending stream of bugs, prepatch items, abusable mechanics, etc. I don't expect MO2 to be much different. Mo1 shut down while I still had prepatch gear in my banks. This isnt the first, or last time people will want a wipe. So what happens if they wipe this time, and then something happens again? Are we supposed to wipe every time something bad happens? Because thats definitely not going to work out. So if future wipes aren't an option, no reason to wipe now. People lose less but its the same concept. Might aswell set the standard that theres no wipes. People will feel safer playing the game that they know the devs wont wipe them if someone else does somethign stupid.

Draed

Jan 4, 2022
The issue is this isnt the needed fix. They could just delete those guilds keeps. No reason to punish everyone because a few guilds abused haven. I didn't kill walkers on haven for 8 hours to get my stupid clade gifts so they can wipe and I get to do it again. And most players are on the same boat. We didn't do what we did so we can do it again. Because a small amount of players cheated.

Also, some people may be new here. But MO1 was a never ending stream of bugs, prepatch items, abusable mechanics, etc. I don't expect MO2 to be much different. Mo1 shut down while I still had prepatch gear in my banks. This isnt the first, or last time people will want a wipe. So what happens if they wipe this time, and then something happens again? Are we supposed to wipe every time something bad happens? Because thats definitely not going to work out. So if future wipes aren't an option, no reason to wipe now. People lose less but its the same concept. Might aswell set the standard that theres no wipes. People will feel safer playing the game that they know the devs wont wipe them if someone else does somethign stupid.

true, the precedent is bad, so ill preface my stance by admitting it does put a bad taste in everyones mouth. i say a myrland only wipe, not haven, because of the exploiters and lucky bastards who are able to play, purely to level the playing field. i still hold though that if they were to wipe, within the next few days would be the absolute latest they can get away with it, and i do hope they do.

everything you said i can agree with, to me the myrland wipe seems to be the most obvious solution to unfair queues/exploited keeps, assuming that if it does wipe, its on the same patch that fixes server lag/queue issues. i would also be fine with it if they refunded all keeps and prevented them from being taken until siege mechanics exist. there are solutions other than the wipe, i would just like to see something done, other than words on discord and no action.

and im sure its obvious enough that im new to mo2, i bought the game 1 week before launch and put in 100 hours; i love the game and want the best for it, so to that end i hope whatever happens next is whats best.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Fair enough

I think most of us would be fine with this, just delete keeps and houses and call it a day. People will be stuck in haven for a while give them books to catch up before the are able to leave. Keeps should be locked untill siege is in.

Wipe and then locking keeps and possibly houses would keep people from needing to leave haven meaning that the servers would not be over loaded. Just force everyone to sit in haven for a week or two with PvP haven and more content like they are planning to.

They just have a chance to start off on the right foot after they figure out this huge mess. Its better to start over then to struggle through this mess and putting people back in haven when they will still want to get out to go place houses before the spots are taken up.

Just not activating out subs is not appropriate compensation for the mess they made.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
this just isnt true, speaking anecdotally, i was able to skip the queue for the first 3 days, power leveled my skills, and i can make steel weapons/armor. after the 3 days, ive been unable to play the game, i've tried every fix on discord, reinstalled, reset router, but i sit in queue forever. i know multiple others who have been having this exact issue since day 1. the queue system is not fair, robmo even released a statement on discord recently talking about how the queue system plays favorites randomly. no one likes starting weeks behind just because they got unlucky.

"some were smart and made impossible moves the first two days." is this in reference to guilds abusing haven gold funneling to buy keeps within the first few hours? and now big zergs have keeps that cannot currently be sieged or destroyed. this is exploiting, and was patched within 24 hours, sv had guilds telling them for months it'd be abused, launch comes, and then they change their mind after the fact.

So you want to punish the entire server by crying for a wipe because a few guilds took advantage of a gold mechanic the first day? That just doesn’t seem logical. There is no proof that an exploit happened either. So these guilds just took advantage of an opportunity and obtained a keep. And gold got nerfed the next day.

At the end of the day, they still claimed a keep! That’s an impressive achievement. It sounds like the keep isn’t the real issue. But you are using the keep as a scapegoat because you can’t log into the game. Aha! And now you want a wipe thinking things will be different. Unfortunately, things won’t change even if they were to wipe today. It may be even worse. SV made it persistent and I don’t see them ever wiping. Not even for exploits. The integrity of the vision would be at stake if a wipe was to occur.

• Haha
Reactions: Draed and Tzone
Status
Not open for further replies.