Why many people complain

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The lighting is pretty shit. You just have to change your gama and colour settings every time you play this game in order to have a good experience. SV has been coping in order to justify the eye adaption they have in this game which is causing FPS issues ontop of visual issues.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
I've literally been complaining about this since the first hour it was patched in.

doghorse

Jan 18, 2022
I know devs usually code on low brightness monitor settings to prevent eyestrain and I wonder if this can be a reason this issue goes unnoticed? Still I find it hard to assimilate how it keeps getting overlooked for so long. I collected these responses to help bring this issue in front of devs, I do hope they notice.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
I know devs usually code on low brightness monitor settings to prevent eyestrain and I wonder if this can be a reason this issue goes unnoticed? Still I find it hard to assimilate how it keeps getting overlooked for so long. I collected these responses to help bring this issue in front of devs, I do hope they notice.

It's been mentioned for a long time. Devs said they're supposedly happy with the lighting now, no idea how. I kinda gave up on it since I saw a lot of people still crusading.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Dunno. It's ok when you get used to it. Needs fixing though of course, it scares a lot of new players.

Monte

Jan 18, 2022
Yeah I agree it's not very nice. Funny thing is I get "normal" lighting when I'm in full screen (not windowed).

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Literally everyone knows the lighting sucks. But it looks nice in certain angles and screenshots so devs don't care

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I bought the get before the lighting changes. Have to mod the game to play it now. Wouldn't have bought it the way it is

Lurifax

Dec 6, 2021
I think it's been said that with the new lighting system that comes with UE5 this is probably not gonna be a problem anymore. I guess they probably wanna save effort by not investing developer time into it until then.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think it's been said that with the new lighting system that comes with UE5 this is probably not gonna be a problem anymore. I guess they probably wanna save effort by not investing developer time into it until then.
Not true because the lighting was not horrible in the past before they went with eye adaption. UE5 is like a year away from now if not more. All they have to do is remove the eye adaption and people will be happy. They can then try to work it back into a working and good lighting system if they want but the current lighting is 100% fixable with very little time.

Lighting used to be fine in this game, they just made it super bad and wont change it back. Players just have to change their monitor settings everything they load up the game because Henrik knows better then players even tho he doesn't play the game.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think its just more effective to laught at the lighting then try to forum any type of reason based argument for why its bad. Just keep talking about how much of a joke this game is.

Hendrix

Mar 27, 2021
I just don't understand why the lighting has still not been fixed. It is such an off putting thing for new players, as it makes the game look horrendous. I am 100% sure a lot of players have probably refunded the game after 30 mins due to the game (lighting) looking so bad.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
They have something screwed up with how the game works with peoples monitors. Because most of these screenshots for me are playable, but still overly bright. But I know exactly what people are talking about. My last monitor I couldn't see ANYTHING at night in MO during early alpha/beta. But my friend could see fine. I ended up trading monitors with my brother (it was freesync and he needed a freesync monitor cuz he got a new amd card) and bam, all my issues are solved. I dont even realize its night. And its not because they made nights less dark, it was all the monitor. There needs to be more settings to adjust to get it to be properly calibrated with your monitor. Changing gamma doesnt cut it, I tried that when I had a bad monitor. It just made everything else look terrible.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

Literally all they have to do is revert it to how it was, but instead they go with the 'you think you do but you don't' attitude

Reactions: Jatix

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I just don't understand why the lighting has still not been fixed. It is such an off putting thing for new players, as it makes the game look horrendous. I am 100% sure a lot of players have probably refunded the game after 30 mins due to the game (lighting) looking so bad.
Henrik loves the lighting that why its still being cept.

Lurifax

Dec 6, 2021
Not true because the lighting was not horrible in the past before they went with eye adaption. UE5 is like a year away from now if not more. All they have to do is remove the eye adaption and people will be happy. They can then try to work it back into a working and good lighting system if they want but the current lighting is 100% fixable with very little time.

Lighting used to be fine in this game, they just made it super bad and wont change it back. Players just have to change their monitor settings everything they load up the game because Henrik knows better then players even tho he doesn't play the game.
What's not true? I said nothing about the past. The rest about UE5 lighting is straight from Henrik on streams. But yes, they could remove the 'adaptive' lighting in the meanwhile, I agree.

UE5 was supposed to release Q4 2021 or possibly early 2022 according to Epic. Currently MO2 is using UE4.26 which should allow for a pretty smooth transition to UE5 once it is out (I have converted a few projects myself with barely any issues at all, and while MO2 is certainly a bigger problem I believe it should be very compatible). Biggest issue would be people with weaker GPUs having poorer performance.

I think its just more effective to laught at the lighting then try to forum any type of reason based argument for why its bad. Just keep talking about how much of a joke this game is.
If that's your opinion then why are you here? You have one life and you wanna spend it whining on a forum of a game you dislike? Seems... healthy.

Literally all they have to do is revert it to how it was, but instead they go with the 'you think you do but you don't' attitude

If it causes issues I agree they should revert until the new solution (UE5 Lumen) is a viable option. But overall this is a non-issue to me.