Why Guilds Will Quit (To Henrik)

Odsbodikins

Aug 14, 2022
ahaha, some people have tried. I think that's why devs are hiding on discord?
If they didn't hide, how much work do you think they'd get done? Probably a lot less because they'd have to deal with every little dipshit that wanted to say hi. :ROFLMAO:

Making suggestions in the forums, or even through the IG ticket system does work.

For example, I don't know how many people made this suggestion, but I was one person who suggested a revamp of the way the clades were organised as the Alvarin clades weren't logically spread and the archery skills were not all branched together in a way that made sense. I suggested that be fixed, and I've no doubt others did too, because it was changed a few patch iterations later.

Coming in and just complaining is really counter productive. Coming in and making valid, executable suggestions that can improve the game are great.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Ok then, if the game isn't worth your time, why are you here? Maybe if it's not worth your time, you can find something else to do instead of wasting ours with pointless whining?
Once you're in the MO community for so long...you just kinda stay in it. A lot of the community plays similar games or are in the same discord with each other. At least thats the case for me. So when I hear them talk about it, I check up on the game and forums, even if its just to drop a weekly distasteful truthbomb.

There is always that tiny chance SV makes a big change that is good. We get those every 5-6 months. Problem is, we get big changes that are bad more frequently.

Reactions: Teknique and Gnidex

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
There are a lot more spawns nowadays, I rode from Tindrem back to Fabernum the other day and ran into no less than 5 camps or ruins occupied by bandits, scoundrels or outlaws, a black bear, alpha wolf pack, and zombie adventurer. And that's just me heading in a straight line through the woods.
Sure there is spawns but the amount you can farm there is laughable and it's all solo crap. Try doing anything with a bunch of ppl. What I meant was not more but better... dunno just take darkfall, they did scale up every spawn with the ppl that where in the area besides also having tougher spawns where you would want to farm as a grp you could basically do everything with a grp if you choose to do so.

In mortal it feels like a solo rpg where the mobs don't spawn most of the time pve wise outside the few dungeons there are.

Reactions: Gnidex

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
One bandit head is 80 silvers, and they usually come at you in groups of 3 or 4 when one of them is aggro'd. Then there's another group of them further down the road. That's if you don't bump into something else along the way.
Agreed. economy is absolutely great.

I personally love farming 15 hrs for 200 gold coins. I'm really glad they made it so much better than the first game!

Thanks blizzard!

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
One bandit head is 80 silvers, and they usually come at you in groups of 3 or 4 when one of them is aggro'd. Then there's another group of them further down the road. That's if you don't bump into something else along the way.
Bandit camps are a waste of time to farm and not lucrative enough to gain any kind of wealth. They are too difficult to solo if there is a camp full of mages or bowmen. You need a group but then its not worth farming them with a group or nearly getting yourself killed solo. The only thing worth farming is Risars and Sators. The problem is all of the risar camps are camped with Pk guilds who build villages over them to control the content. The Risar Dungeon and Minotaur Dungeon are also camped with CCTV and alt GeForce Now accounts that watch all of the activity.

In the south there is only 3 sator spawns (in the fake jungle), one is difficult to find, and all three are contested by 10 guilds who farm them 24/7 because no one wants to spend 2 hours trying to transport shit from the jungle where there is no town or broker to make a profit from them. So no one farms sators in the jungle, they just grow fat and it is wasted prom because these creatures are not spread out more.

My suggestion is the outlaws need to be more lucrative. Make the head worth 10g and make the prom 55 a kill then people will farm them. Veteran outlaws should be worth 20g a head and 65 prom a kill. They are a pain in the ass already so make it worth something or else they are going to become an annoyance if not already.

There should be other ways to gain wealth other than RMTing and selling trinkets. And for god sakes add more cape spawns so they are not worth 1k gold on the brokers. No one wants to travel to Tindrem Sewer or North camp to farm black capes. They should be in the south also. So the price can go down.

@Henrik Nyström

Reactions: Teknique

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Sure there is spawns but the amount you can farm there is laughable and it's all solo crap. Try doing anything with a bunch of ppl. What I meant was not more but better... dunno just take darkfall, they did scale up every spawn with the ppl that where in the area besides also having tougher spawns where you would want to farm as a grp you could basically do everything with a grp if you choose to do so.

In mortal it feels like a solo rpg where the mobs don't spawn most of the time pve wise outside the few dungeons there are.
I don't know about soloing 4 bandits at the same time, or an area with 5 or 6 mountain spiders or razorbacks out in the wild. But I get what you're saying.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
I don't know about soloing 4 bandits at the same time, or an area with 5 or 6 mountain spiders or razorbacks out in the wild. But I get what you're saying.
All you need is a horse and a bow and you can solo an infinite train of bandits. If you're not capable of doing that then well...ok.

Even casters, they have much shorter range than your bow so it's a non-factor to kite them.

The only ones that might actually be dangerous are bowmen, but those are like 1 per camp.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Bandit camps are a waste of time to farm and not lucrative enough to gain any kind of wealth. They are too difficult to solo if there is a camp full of mages or bowmen. You need a group but then its not worth farming them with a group or nearly getting yourself killed solo. The only thing worth farming is Risars and Sators. The problem is all of the risar camps are camped with Pk guilds who build villages over them to control the content. The Risar Dungeon and Minotaur Dungeon are also camped with CCTV and alt GeForce Now accounts that watch all of the activity.

In the south there is only 3 sator spawns (in the fake jungle), one is difficult to find, and all three are contested by 10 guilds who farm them 24/7 because no one wants to spend 2 hours trying to transport shit from the jungle where there is no town or broker to make a profit from them. So no one farms sators in the jungle, they just grow fat and it is wasted prom because these creatures are not spread out more.

My suggestion is the outlaws need to be more lucrative. Make the head worth 10g and make the prom 55 a kill then people will farm them. Veteran outlaws should be worth 20g a head and 65 prom a kill. They are a pain in the ass already so make it worth something or else they are going to become an annoyance if not already.

There should be other ways to gain wealth other than RMTing and selling trinkets. And for god sakes add more cape spawns so they are not worth 1k gold on the brokers. No one wants to travel to Tindrem Sewer or North camp to farm black capes. They should be in the south also. So the price can go down.

@Henrik Nyström
Increasing the value of heads is nice in the short term, but it will likely lead to price hikes over everything as people are now able to amass more gold over a shorter period of time. Not sure if that would solve the RMT problem either as people would simply pay the same amount of money for what they deem to be the inflated value of gold coins. The price of rare capes would probably likewise just go up.

The solution isn't as simple as increasing the value of loot, and the other problem is that this is a game so shenanigans are going to happen. Like a low value item being priced for 4000 gold just for the giggles or trickery. Or people with lots of gold simply buying up items that were once rarer but now lower in price, and then mass-deleting them, again just for the giggles or trolling.

Reactions: Rahz

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
All you need is a horse and a bow and you can solo an infinite train of bandits. If you're not capable of doing that then well...ok.

Even casters, they have much shorter range than your bow so it's a non-factor to kite them.

The only ones that might actually be dangerous are bowmen, but those are like 1 per camp.
I think that goes to show that there's something for everybody in the game, and that's likely what SV is aiming for. If a particular mob is too challenging or not challenging enough, there's always something else out there that will be to their liking.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Increasing the value of heads is nice in the short term, but it will likely lead to price hikes over everything as people are now able to amass more gold over a shorter period of time. Not sure if that would solve the RMT problem either as people would simply pay the same amount of money for what they deem to be the inflated value of gold coins. The price of rare capes would probably likewise just go up.

The solution isn't as simple as increasing the value of loot, and the other problem is that this is a game so shenanigans are going to happen. Like a low value item being priced for 4000 gold just for the giggles or trickery. Or people with lots of gold simply buying up items that were once rarer but now lower in price, and then mass-deleting them, again just for the giggles or trolling.
It worked in Sarducca. Lesser Charal is how people made a killing and golden danaburra carcass and legs. Akrep legs. It was like the gold rush for PVE and everyone ran west to make gold because Myrland was so inflated with activity; also big guilds had walled off content. The truth is that most people who play this game legitamitely and actively are not wealthy but getting by on the scraps of the land. And they are behind because of RMTers, dupers and cheaters who are controlling the dungeons and the markets. Henrik refuses to acknowledge this and be transparent about what is happening in this game. Raising the cost of outlaws allows the active players to have a chance for legitimate wealth without controlling a dungeon. Some of these guys are hurting in real life and using this game to feed their families. This is the sad truth. While I feel sympathy for them, I still think they should be dealt with and deleted from this game and Henrik should do something about it. Ban them all and free up the dungeons and markets for legit players.

@Henrik Nyström

Last edited:
Reactions: Teknique and Rahz

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
If they didn't hide, how much work do you think they'd get done? Probably a lot less because they'd have to deal with every little dipshit that wanted to say hi. :ROFLMAO:

Making suggestions in the forums, or even through the IG ticket system does work.

For example, I don't know how many people made this suggestion, but I was one person who suggested a revamp of the way the clades were organised as the Alvarin clades weren't logically spread and the archery skills were not all branched together in a way that made sense. I suggested that be fixed, and I've no doubt others did too, because it was changed a few patch iterations later.

Coming in and just complaining is really counter productive. Coming in and making valid, executable suggestions that can improve the game are great.

dude I was spamming all day thru both. I bet they hated me.

You know what I also did? Used wolfbrush to heal my horse and taped it. Guess what happened? Healing effect removed.

#neverforget when I was bored and I fermented some pirum juice to find it had direct mana. I even had an idea of what was going to boost the amount of mana healed (and started working on it.) By the next time I tried (after gathering what I thought would work,) it was out of the game. Wew, gotta love MO.

I got... 2600 posts. LOL. I went thru when I had like 750 and deleted every fcking one of them when I stopped playing after launch fail. If you assume that I post a suggestion even every 10 posts or so, that's a lot of suggestions. I do think they listen, and we did get some stuff done. There also were some v strange changes made, tho.

I suggested they make cooking interesting again, and make it so that it doesn't show what the ingredients are outright. That was a long time ago. I think we got terror bird bags. I suggested they lower the reticle because not only does arrow tip (my preferred way to shoot, cuz I'm more of a sports gamer / watch projectile sort than a drag a circle over area shot) not have any indication, but it shoots from lower and alters the whole trajectory of your shot. That means you are getting extra degrees in the arc of your shot, actually giving you better range and a cleaner shot. I mean, there are so many things that have been suggested that were easy-enough fixes. Some did get fixed, yey, some didn't. Some I'm pretty sure people paid to get into the game (or were just VIP) cuz they were so irrelevant and wild.

But yea if you wanna talk about what I'd do while stamming up my horse, it was open up the box and start writing suggestions haha.

Peace tho and I HOPE THEY FIX THIS GAME. It's sad to see so much effort and so much hope (MO player base has TONS of hope despite how depressed they seem, cuz they know how close it is,) just be wasted. WASTED. Shampoo in the eyelashes.

Odsbodikins

Aug 14, 2022
I think that goes to show that there's something for everybody in the game, and that's likely what SV is aiming for. If a particular mob is too challenging or not challenging enough, there's always something else out there that will be to their liking.
This is a good thing, the problem remains that there's not enough variety spread around the map to make the game playable in all areas. There needs to be more standard camp type spawns in the more southern areas of the map. Adding more mobs to specific spawns is another good idea so instead of 3 or 4 sators we should see at least one larger sator camp.

The outlaws can be a bit of a nuisance when every single one you trigger shows up with 5, and you barely manage to get home because of the stam drain never ebbing. I would love to see the outlaws scale a little better so that a single player doesn't trigger 5 but maybe max 2 or 3, perhaps swap them out for a few more bandit camps around the south of the map in order to balance out some of the POI types.

Paganel

May 24, 2022
russian federation
This will be an incentive for guilds to earn more and attract more people. I think it's acceptable to spend 1000 gold per day. In natural selection the strongest will win

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
I'm not sure if we play the same game, but this one has one of the wort pve experiences i've encountered in MMOs, full stop. So it hardly "something for anyone". The post you quoted just summed up solo pve in 1 paragraph for the whole game basically.

• Haha
Reactions: Teknique

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I'm not sure if we play the same game, but this one has one of the wort pve experiences i've encountered in MMOs, full stop. So it hardly "something for anyone". The post you quoted just summed up solo pve in 1 paragraph for the whole game basically.
That would be your subjective opinion, which is fine. But the fact of the matter is that there are PvE areas that require a group (where solo mounted archery won't work), as well as areas where one person can do fairly well.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
That would be your subjective opinion, which is fine. But the fact of the matter is that there are PvE areas that require a group (where solo mounted archery won't work), as well as areas where one person can do fairly well.
Group pve in this game consists of 4 dungeons with no enemy variety (spider, minotaur, caelano and necro dungeon) and a few troll spawns that are partly solo since people bug them in terrain.
For solo you have a few wild animals to skin or do bandit or risar camps (i'm not counting outlaw or scoundrels here since they are just reskinned bandits) with minimal mob variety.

It's pathetic really if you compare it to ANY mmo out there.