What is wrong with the magic system

jamesm

Mar 30, 2021
  1. Weight should not affect magic damage output. That is simply illogical. Magical energies are multiplied by the amount of fat?
  2. Also intelligence should affect magic damage output on a linear scale. Between 50 and 100 intelligence there is no increase in magic damage, e.g. for Flamestrike, with 50 intelligence it does ~45 damage but at 100 intelligence it still does ~45 damage. This is also illogical.
I understand that I am not the first person to have these opinions.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
  1. Weight should not affect magic damage output. That is simply illogical. Magical energies are multiplied by the amount of fat?
  2. Also intelligence should affect magic damage output on a linear scale. Between 50 and 100 intelligence there is no increase in magic damage, e.g. for Flamestrike, with 50 intelligence it does ~45 damage but at 100 intelligence it still does ~45 damage. This is also illogical.
I understand that I am not the first person to have these opinions.

Have a nice day.

Weight has determined INT in the other game since forever, so for giving you a time frame more than a decade.
Idk why Is that illogical for you on a fantasy medieval game.

Magery dmg output does escalate with int not sure ir It's linear but i think it Is, theres a int-dmg chart someone made and was shared around.

50 int Is definitely not the same than 100 idk whos the fuck lied to you about that but It's not the case.
I can agree magery lacks some balance but u didnt hit on any nail.

jamesm

Mar 30, 2021
3. I am an Alvarin Mage and I have high intelligence of 94 (yes it IS high in my opinion), high magic offense of 90 and other related skills yet I cannot defeat most bandits outside Tindrem on my own. I also get killed by everything else in the wild. So all I can really do is team up with other players and play the support role or go resource gathering and make something. I have only played for 10 days and I'm getting bored already I'm sorry to say. I don't want to be a fat Ohgmir or Human mage. I would like to be a normal sized Alvarin mage because its like an Elf and Elves aren't fat in all the books I've read. I recommend that you remedy this situation if you want to attract many more players.

Reactions: Midas

jamesm

Mar 30, 2021
Weight has determined INT in the other game since forever, so for giving you a time frame more than a decade.
Idk why Is that illogical for you on a fantasy medieval game.

Magery dmg output does escalate with int not sure ir It's linear but i think it Is, theres a int-dmg chart someone made and was shared around.

50 int Is definitely not the same than 100 idk whos the fuck lied to you about that but It's not the case.
I can agree magery lacks some balance but u didnt hit on any nail.

This is where I found the magic damage scaling https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/int-scaling-on-magic.1428/post-19418

jamesm

Mar 30, 2021
Weight does not have any logical relationship with magic in any other fantasy game that I have played. If it was in MO1 then OK that makes sense why its in MO2 but the original decision to include weight was silly in my opinion as it does not make sense. Weight should help with mitigating the effect of hunger since your body can use up fat reserves during hunger. It should also make you run slower for obvious reasons.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
3. I am an Alvarin Mage and I have high intelligence of 94 (yes it IS high in my opinion), high magic offense of 90 and other related skills yet I cannot defeat most bandits outside Tindrem on my own. I also get killed by everything else in the wild. So all I can really do is team up with other players and play the support role or go resource gathering and make something. I have only played for 10 days and I'm getting bored already I'm sorry to say. I don't want to be a fat Ohgmir or Human mage. I would like to be a normal sized Alvarin mage because its like an Elf and Elves aren't fat in all the books I've read. I recommend that you remedy this situation if you want to attract many more players.

Your fat fixation does not make any sense whatsoever and the game Is not and doesn't have to be like the fiction you consume for it to be appealling to other people.

Mages need more balance, specially against PVE, i do have a sheevra sheevra with 109 int, 40 str and daggers and i find myself doing relatively high magic dmg with a decent running speed and the alvarin speed buffs.

Found daaggers to be a nice alternative for pvp and pve but It's kinda stupid i have to relay certain tasks on a melee weapon when magery should be enough for pve.

jamesm

Mar 30, 2021
Your fat fixation does not make any sense whatsoever and the game Is not and doesn't have to be like the fiction you consume for it to be appealling to other people.

Mages need more balance, specially against PVE, i do have a sheevra sheevra with 109 int, 40 str and daggers and i find myself doing relatively high magic dmg with a decent running speed and the alvarin speed buffs.

Found daaggers to be a nice alternative for pvp and pve but It's kinda stupid i have to relay certain tasks on a melee weapon when magery should be enough for pve.

Sure thing Alvarin Mages don't have to be like Elves in the books I've consumed but it would probably help to attract players, in my opinion, if it did. The game needs to be financially viable long term after all. I have Dagger melee combat skill of 41 and its still not enough to kill most bandits. It seems harder to parry against side swipes with a dagger, than with a sword.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

I believe that scale is old.. it was changed in later beta around April/May of that year.

Here was the changes in May...

I know crazy huh?

mortal-online-2-first-real-guide-on-magery-tips-s650x366.jpg

Reactions: jamesm

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Sure thing Alvarin Mages don't have to be like Elves in the books I've consumed but it would probably help to attract players, in my opinion, if it did. The game needs to be financially viable long term after all. I have Dagger melee combat skill of 41 and its still not enough to kill most bandits. It seems harder to parry against side swipes with a dagger, than with a sword.
Uhmm no, elves doesn't have to be skinny bitches in all fictions, and alvarins are not elves they are alvarins, the game has It's own lore.
I don't care if the game wont attract fatphobic people, thats the type of people that would probably ragequit to anything else to be honest.

Weight does not have any logical relationship with magic in any other fantasy game that I have played. If it was in MO1 then OK that makes sense why its in MO2 but the original decision to include weight was silly in my opinion as it does not make sense. Weight should help with mitigating the effect of hunger since your body can use up fat reserves during hunger. It should also make you run slower for obvious reasons.

Fat statuses affect dex and by that the speed.

Hunger mechanics are stupid placeholder things, hopefully they will get re-designed at some point.

jamesm

Mar 30, 2021
Uhmm no, elves doesn't have to be skinny bitches in all fictions, and alvarins are not elves they are alvarins, the game has It's own lore.
I don't care if the game wont attract fatphobic people, thats the type of people that would probably ragequit to anything else to be honest.

Fat statuses affect dex and by that the speed.

Hunger mechanics are stupid placeholder things, hopefully they will get re-designed at some point.

Should I be able to solo all the bandits and some animals like Razorback then? How can I do that, please?

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Should I be able to solo all the bandits and some animals like Razorback then? How can I do that, please?
Hybrid mage get a melee weapon or get fulminate tlash thats good for pve, also theres tamer mage builds that use pets for pve. More or less grindy-rewarding alternatives.
It's hard to pve as a mage they do need to fix that.

Generally i purely dagger down bandits with my mage but often i open combat with a fulminate and a tlash then dagger when the bandit is at melee range.
I use daggers cuz of the str requirement and theres people that might have swords or archery mage hybrid since alvarins have acceptable clade skills for bow.

What i like about daggers is how fast they are and overal dmg, range is short but it's a dagger. For pvp pve can use cheap daggers from flake to steel, and i think tung dagger str requirement is around 50?

In terms of spells You Will have to get fulmination tlash and gretaer heal, those are like must on a mages book, flamestrike might be a little unrewarding with it's cost, range and dmg but ay higher int pays off more.

Last edited:

jamesm

Mar 30, 2021
Hybrid mage get a melee weapon or get fulminate tlash thats good for pve, also theres tamer mage builds that use pets for pve. More or less grindy-rewarding alternatives.
It's hard to pve as a mage they do need to fix that.

Generally i purely dagger down bandits with my mage but often i open combat with a fulminate and a tlash then dagger when the bandit is at melee range.

Thanks I'll try that

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
It seems harder to parry against side swipes with a dagger, than with a sword.
Absolutely not. I doubt there is any actual difference, but i personally feel that parrying with a dagger is easier. Maybe due to the fact that it's smaller and obscures the view juuuuuust a little less. That if you don't use shield of course, but they're not super useful in PvE anyway, so don't.

i think tung dagger str requirement is around 50?
It's 28

Reactions: jamesm