What exactly is required for Weakspot? Do Spears still have weakspot?

Glitch

Mar 27, 2021
I tried asking around but didn't get an answer or some people didn't know. I was wondering a couple of things:

1. Do you need 125 Dex for weakspot? If not what is required stat wise?

2. Was weakspot removed from Spears?

I heard someone tell me that they removed weakspot for spears so I was very curious also... is it true that weakspot is only for swords and daggers?

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
I was writing up a paragraph assuming ur a new player, explaining how weakspot spears worked in MO1 and how it changed throughout the games life but it got a little besides the point and also not sure if ur new or not.

I am 80% sure i have weakspotted with a spear in MO2 a few times. The weakspot spears you could make towards the end of MO1 were not actually spears, they were dagger heads on "spear" handles (2h handles). Weakspotting was removed from spearheads due to balancing issues. If they follow through with the same in this game, you might end up not having weakspot spears because you cant actually make a spear with a dagger head anymore.

The thing that makes a weapon weakspot is the materials its made with, atleast thats how it was in MO1 and im assuming its going to be in MO2. Due to the fact that people havnt really had access to most materials untill recently theres probably not a lot of testing done regarding this yet, this is probably why you havnt gotten a good answer yet, its because people havnt had the chance to find out.

Reactions: Zethes

Glitch

Mar 27, 2021
I was writing up a paragraph assuming ur a new player, explaining how weakspot spears worked in MO1 and how it changed throughout the games life but it got a little besides the point and also not sure if ur new or not.

I am 80% sure i have weakspotted with a spear in MO2 a few times. The weakspot spears you could make towards the end of MO1 were not actually spears, they were dagger heads on "spear" handles (2h handles). Weakspotting was removed from spearheads due to balancing issues. If they follow through with the same in this game, you might end up not having weakspot spears because you cant actually make a spear with a dagger head anymore.

The thing that makes a weapon weakspot is the materials its made with, atleast thats how it was in MO1 and im assuming its going to be in MO2. Due to the fact that people havnt really had access to most materials untill recently theres probably not a lot of testing done regarding this yet, this is probably why you havnt gotten a good answer yet, its because people havnt had the chance to find out.

Yooooo!!! That's right. I forgot thats how it went in MO1. Yeah I'm new and old at the same time. I hadn't played MO1 in years. I got too excited about this

That I was going for 125 dex and everything (even though I fucked up and went for Speed Fighter (Spear) with MA Hybrid instead. I realized I fucked up and though it was 120 btu I can fix that by going lean but then a guildmate told me weakspot was removed from spears so I wasn't sure... which kinda sucks a little but I'm sure I also understand why. Thank you so much for our response man!

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Yooooo!!! That's right. I forgot thats how it went in MO1. Yeah I'm new and old at the same time. I hadn't played MO1 in years. I got too excited about this

That I was going for 125 dex and everything (even though I fucked up and went for Speed Fighter (Spear) with MA Hybrid instead. I realized I fucked up and though it was 120 btu I can fix that by going lean but then a guildmate told me weakspot was removed from spears so I wasn't sure... which kinda sucks a little but I'm sure I also understand why. Thank you so much for our response man!

That guy gives tons of dogshit advice. I know a 125 dex build sounds cool and all but realistically its super weak, especially in this game where speed differences arnt that massive and the STAMINA differences ARE. You will have like 150 HP max and very low STR, even if there was a good weakspot weapon you wouldnt be weakspotting for a lot due to your low STR and low DMG bonus, also the fact you would get killed in like 3 hits. You think you could get away from a full khurite warrior, but he would have tons more stamina than you and catch up eventually due to the fact he can sprint longer.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Cant you just go fit 120 veela and use the clade +4 dex bonus?? Or does it have to be lean 125

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Cant you just go fit 120 veela and use the clade +4 dex bonus?? Or does it have to be lean 125

That clade doesnt increase your RAW dex, just gives points into DEX. Its like some low tier rings used to work in MO1.

Reactions: BongRips

Glitch

Mar 27, 2021
That clade doesnt increase your RAW dex, just gives points into DEX. Its like some low tier rings used to work in MO1.

So are you saying dex warrior builds aren't viable with Veela Veela then? Because that sucks then.

ulfy

Mar 31, 2021
You think you could get away from a full khurite warrior, but he would have tons more stamina than you and catch up eventually due to the fact he can sprint longer.

I'm not contesting this since I'm a new player and don't know any better, but that seems absurd. What is even the point of speccing into speed/mobility & light armor then? I keep running into statements that bolster the notion of "be a warrior or go home". Does this game ultimately boil down to heavy foot fighters winning?

Glitch

Mar 27, 2021
I'm not contesting this since I'm a new player and don't know any better, but that seems absurd. What is even the point of speccing into speed/mobility & light armor then? I keep running into statements that bolster the notion of "be a warrior or go home". Does this game ultimately boil down to heavy foot fighters winning?

Nope. I can atest to this as an MO1 player. That was SORT of the case in MO1 but remember this is ultimately skill based game. Remember not everything is implemented in game yet as the main reason for the latest patches are to

1. Open the word with all the cities and dungeons (more to come).
2. To see how many of us can play in the server at once.

I mean even some Clade gifts aren't named.

Anyways... Each race still has their unique stuff and your build doesn't exactly have to be meta to succeed always. It's beneficial but if you play smart you can do your build right and use your skills to do well, you can get good but it will be hard mode for awhile.

The thing is .. there's some ways to gimp your character that won't make sense at all. Like you wouldn't roll a mage with one hotpoint etc.

It's all about thinking what kind of opponent you may have. Not everyone can be the best at everything. So you have to compromise. It's almost like a game of chess and paper, rock, scissors. I PMed him and he told me the build is doable but not the way I was thinking.

Also I found out that two handed spear extends your stab distance and that alone helped me in battle. Also I was a dumb shit and forgot to get bandages so I've been doing better but not quite good. I still need practice as it's been awhile

Glitch

Mar 27, 2021

Also... Bows, magic, a mix between the two, and even taming is a thing in this game. Trust me there's ways to do and I'm sure the devs are going to work on that rather soon but it will be a hard game to balance.

ulfy

Mar 31, 2021
Also... Bows, magic, a mix between the two, and even taming is a thing in this game. Trust me there's ways to do and I'm sure the devs are going to work on that rather soon but it will be a hard game to balance.

This is what I was curious about... viability of different play styles. I understand that there are many combinations & compromises must be made - but how do these various options stack against the ubiquitous heavy foot fighter?

For example, if I'm interested in a high dex / light armor Alvarin & grab every clade gift for movement speed & such.... can I bow-kite and outrun a heavy Thur/Kall/etc? Or will they out-stam sprint and close the gap regardless? If speed/mobility doesn't really matter and you can't escape melee range in an effective way, then I might as well be a warrior. Every vid I watched it seemed like it's so easy to get sticky backed.

Glitch

Mar 27, 2021
This is what I was curious about... viability of different play styles. I understand that there are many combinations & compromises must be made - but how do these various options stack against the ubiquitous heavy foot fighter?

For example, if I'm interested in a high dex / light armor Alvarin & grab every clade gift for movement speed & such.... can I bow-kite and outrun a heavy Thur/Kall/etc? Or will they out-stam sprint and close the gap regardless? If speed/mobility doesn't really matter and you can't escape melee range in an effective way, then I might as well be a warrior. Every vid I watched it seemed like it's so easy to get sticky backed.

As of the stress test yes it's happened and there's many ways to go around that. You just gotta think. You are faster than them and sure they have more stamina but I'm sure all this will change at release or persistence. But!!!!! If you're a Dex fighter.. don't think of yourself as a full warrior.. think of yourself as a trickster coward fight type. Run away, shoot kite, etc but be smart of your stamina usage also. But even as an archer you should have a melee weapon of some sort and really learn hot to parry. But make sure you make the best of your archery in that sense. Archery right now is fucking good... Just saying.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Spears cannot weakspot, that is something that died with MO1 and hopefully it stays that way. They are fine as they are.

Personally I'd see it removed from swords/daggers too because RNG for super damage shouldn't have a place in a game like this.

Reactions: Rorry

Glitch

Mar 27, 2021
Spears cannot weakspot, that is something that died with MO1 and hopefully it stays that way. They are fine as they are.

Personally I'd see it removed from swords/daggers too because RNG for super damage shouldn't have a place in a game like this.

The more I learned about it on spears... I agree. Spears are just fine the way they are. Swords with weakpoint is stupid IMO.. but daggers? No. If someone can get close enough to you with a dagger it should hurt. Daggers already at a disadvantage because of its range.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
It’s so hard to tell in this game what will be meta because so many things will be changed. Take bows for example. There is no way they are leaving them as they are. You can literally run behind people and shoot them with short bows as they take zero stam even with super low strength.

that’s just broken, or at least I hope it is. Otherwise mages will not have a fun life.

so yeado you research and do your testing but know that a lot of this stuff is bound to change. And more stuff will be changed further once persistence happens.

Reactions: Rorry and Glitch

Glitch

Mar 27, 2021
It’s so hard to tell in this game what will be meta because so many things will be changed. Take bows for example. There is no way they are leaving them as they are. You can literally run behind people and shoot them with short bows as they take zero stam even with super low strength.

that’s just broken, or at least I hope it is. Otherwise mages will not have a fun life.

so yeado you research and do your testing but know that a lot of this stuff is bound to change. And more stuff will be changed further once persistence happens.

Yeah totally agree! The only reason why I even mentioned it was for him not to get discouraged about this being a warrior's only game. This will be a very tough game to balance honestly but...again... Hopefully you're in a guild and fighting in a groups. Very important to learn how to lose. Just love the game and the game will love you back. That's my philosophy I got my shit kicked in many times and I still love the experience.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas

There's no reason to only wear light armor unless you use magic. An Alvarin can wear heavy armor with out being slowed down and stam regeneration isn't affected until 14k weight, so aim for good quality plate armor and your character can do just fine.

ulfy

Mar 31, 2021
There's no reason to only wear light armor unless you use magic. An Alvarin can wear heavy armor with out being slowed down and stam regeneration isn't affected until 14k weight, so aim for good quality plate armor and your character can do just fine.

Oh, so armor weight/type doesn't affect movement speed? I totally thought I heard/read it did somewhere, but I may be mixing things up. Does armor weight take up a portion of carry capacity, or is that separate?

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Oh, armor weight does affect movement speed, but an Alvarin can have the skills to wear heavy armor the same way that other fighter types can. Actually, jump height is affected before speed, so can use it test whether your armor is too heavy.
Carry capacity for inventory is separate from armor weight.

Shagga

Mar 13, 2021
Oh, so armor weight/type doesn't affect movement speed? I totally thought I heard/read it did somewhere, but I may be mixing things up. Does armor weight take up a portion of carry capacity, or is that separate?

Armor affects your mana regen quite a bit, cant remember how it affects the carry capacity.