Weapon Crafting - Handle Materials - Buff Wood

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
In this state of the game most handles are crafted using different sorts of animal materials, may it be bone tissue, ironbone or molarium. This is due to the lack of durability of wood in handles.
For example, even the highest tier wood in the game, ironwood, has no place in handle crafting, It doesnt give optimal durability besides costing 200 primary pts in order to use it as well as being very limited on the map.

In my opinion wood should be buffed in that regard.

Sidenote: I cant recall people using bones and teeth for their handles in medieval times :unsure:

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
We still need wood for shields, but only mages use them so not much demand at all there either. Bring the lumberjacks back

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Yeah I always thought this was weird in MO2. It's like their response to counter acting the usage of Spongewood was just to make all wood pointless in handles.

I really think wood needs to come back and be the main component for the cores for sure, while other materials give added bonuses but increase weight / strength requirements.

Reactions: Branjolf

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
What makes this extra annoying to me is that its a pain to farm enough wood to just make about anything with it, while bone tissue is far easier to obtain in mass quantity and has 30 more durability than brownwood, which is the heaviest wood that doesnt require advanced dendrology.

with mediocre butchering skills you can take a stack of zombie carcasses and skin knife 5k bone tissue immediately, while you get 22, 15, 12 wood per harvest attempt from trees.