We Need To Make a Pact!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
In situations where there are almost no solutions, you have to do what you can. There are reasons why vile things happen in reality, but this is a game, so nobody is going to get truly hurt by this. This is what I propose (and no, I don't expect this to work out, but here is the idea!)

We pick one instance. All the people who wanna PVP who haven't been able to get in the game go there. Any time you see a geared dude from a guild (means they were on mainland) or their miner/tamer etc, you take their shit off them. Don't let them set up. Gear matters, but numbers matter more. Plus mages. Send them back into the queue with 0 or to another instance. It's not gonna be possible to do in other places, but we can at least do it in one! Maybe someone who knows the guild set up on mainland can say which guilds are 'cool' and we can help them build up, too. :eek:

CMON, give me something to care about lol. I'll be on in awhile. Tell ya homies. Yea they can go somewhere else, but at least we can hold down one instance.

• Haha
Reactions: 666

The Khan

Dec 21, 2021
the first major struggle in the game will (and must necessarily) be the struggle between players that want to turn the game into a deathmatch (rpkers) versus people that want the game to exist as an RPG *World* experience.

What @Emdash describes is a sub-set of this struggle.

Players that want the game to exist as a world must band together and first win the struggle against the rpkers -- on *every* instance.

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Why would I PvP fairly when they just took 90% of Red Priests out of the game? I'll just kill noobs in the graveyard until they fix it. It's clearly what they want me to do.

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

The Khan

Dec 21, 2021
Why would I PvP fairly when they just took 90% of Red Priests out of the game? I'll just kill noobs in the graveyard until they fix it. It's clearly what they want me to do.

go for it dude.

what do you think that's likely to accomplish? reverting back the red priests, or just adding *more* roadblocks to pking?

you haven't thought this through, i can see

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
the first major struggle in the game will (and must necessarily) be the struggle between players that want to turn the game into a deathmatch (rpkers) versus people that want the game to exist as an RPG *World* experience.

What @Emdash describes is a sub-set of this struggle.

Players that want the game to exist as a world must band together and first win the struggle against the rpkers -- on *every* instance.

It's actually not ahah. What I'm saying is we people who haven't been able to play the game who 2 weeks should at least do our diligence to make it so that we kill all of the guilds (esp larger guilds) that come into it trying to make gains and bring them back to the mainland.

It's kind of funny. I have to back and read my OP and see if I forgot to add vital words again. I'm surprised at some of the misreads of things I say.

If you take a suit off of someone in an instance, they have no suit. They'd have to go back to mainland to get new gear. That'd be nice to do in ALL instances, but it would be possible in ONE instance. That was my point. But, yea lemme re-read what the first post said to see if there was any clarity lacking.

Edit: Nah, not seeing anything except the cool thing, and by that I just meant small guilds that might join in the slaughter of guilds try to reap instanced benefits.

Edit2: I wonder if our subs start now... hmm tologin or tonotlogin.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
go for it dude.

what do you think that's likely to accomplish? reverting back the red priests, or just adding *more* roadblocks to pking?

you haven't thought this through, i can see
This is going to happen because henrik doesnt know how games work and it will kill the game. the only reason this game got funding and traction is because PvPers dont have a MMO to play. They keep trying to limit the only reason most of the dedicated player base plays then RIP game. Henrik has never reverted and will never revert because despit him never playing he knows better then the player base.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
This is going to happen because henrik doesnt know how games work and it will kill the game. the only reason this game got funding and traction is because PvPers dont have a MMO to play. They keep trying to limit the only reason most of the dedicated player base plays then RIP game. Henrik has never reverted and will never revert because despit him never playing he knows better then the player base.

lol either way, forcing Henrik's hand is a good way to kill the game by proxy mirite. I actually am sad @ MO. They add in these instances and nobody came back. the 9000 people they had trying to get in for awhile are not. Maybe it will change this weekend, but this doesn't seem to have generated much buzz. We'll prolly be logging into the main continent soon. By we I mean ME. But the more time that passes, the less I care, tbh. Like I said if subs start NOW, I have to weigh just sitting out until they actually get things together.

The majority of the map should be lawless zone, the area round town should be free PK for individuals who are 'tru citizens,' altho I dunno how that would be decided, but the towns people should have some say in who gets to live in their city, would also help limit horse griefing in the end. Then inside of town, people should lose rep for doing stuff like killing horses. I admit the pet killing thing is pretty griefy (esp bredz), but you can totally see it coming. lol. Sometimes you just gotta laugh it off.

I dunno who really wants to play this less pvp game. If there were more cool things to do in the wild/systems... I would go back to being basically a carebear. But that doesn't mean sometimes you see a dude and it's like OH ITS THAT DUDE, KILLEM. And what's the problem w/ that. lol. I can't calc in my mind how anyone could make more money PKing than they could making money proper. More work, more risk. Might be more fun tho, for them, and cool. PK is what made the game interesting. Not knowing what to expect w/ encounters, riding/walking up to people like??? It's funny to see their gears turning before they run, talk, or draw their wep. It's an essential social experience (experiMENT in some ways.)

That's why I say they should just give people a pve server and they will realize how lame the game is without pvp lol. Then let the rest of people play on the normal server.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
lol either way, forcing Henrik's hand is a good way to kill the game by proxy mirite. I actually am sad @ MO. They add in these instances and nobody came back. the 9000 people they had trying to get in for awhile are not. Maybe it will change this weekend, but this doesn't seem to have generated much buzz. We'll prolly be logging into the main continent soon. By we I mean ME. But the more time that passes, the less I care, tbh. Like I said if subs start NOW, I have to weigh just sitting out until they actually get things together.

The majority of the map should be lawless zone, the area round town should be free PK for individuals who are 'tru citizens,' altho I dunno how that would be decided, but the towns people should have some say in who gets to live in their city, would also help limit horse griefing in the end. Then inside of town, people should lose rep for doing stuff like killing horses. I admit the pet killing thing is pretty griefy (esp bredz), but you can totally see it coming. lol. Sometimes you just gotta laugh it off.

I dunno who really wants to play this less pvp game. If there were more cool things to do in the wild/systems... I would go back to being basically a carebear. But that doesn't mean sometimes you see a dude and it's like OH ITS THAT DUDE, KILLEM. And what's the problem w/ that. lol. I can't calc in my mind how anyone could make more money PKing than they could making money proper. More work, more risk. Might be more fun tho, for them, and cool. PK is what made the game interesting. Not knowing what to expect w/ encounters, riding/walking up to people like??? It's funny to see their gears turning before they run, talk, or draw their wep. It's an essential social experience (experiMENT in some ways.)

That's why I say they should just give people a pve server and they will realize how lame the game is without pvp lol. Then let the rest of people play on the normal server.
Im not going to be playing this game with these changes. Mostly because Im tired of every patch being horrible changes and half implementations of the worse part of systems they need another half year to complete to be tolerable.

At this point let it burn. People were truly not trying to make people rage out of the game before this. Now we are just going to start griefing for real untill our subs are due. We got alts that we can G force now into inorder to rez ourselves and can regear our selves pretty easily.

What Henrik did was not right and very disrespectful to his players. Game has no future, Henrik never reverts and always doubles down.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Im not going to be playing this game with these changes. Mostly because Im tired of every patch being horrible changes and half implementations of the worse part of systems they need another half year to complete to be tolerable.

At this point let it burn. People were truly not trying to make people rage out of the game before this. Now we are just going to start griefing for real untill our subs are due. We got alts that we can G force now into inorder to rez ourselves and can regear our selves pretty easily.

What Henrik did was not right and very disrespectful to his players. Game has no future, Henrik never reverts and always doubles down.

Shit's been wack since repsys. It was just something people easily got over (somehow?) Discord is all shitted now, anyway, and I didn't ever want to voice chat w/ the devs in MO1, but I'd really like to have a round table on this. Just like "general pvp in MO." I think it's necessary. There have to be some people who are able to control their emotions and give logical arguments. I'm not a 'pvper,' so it ain't me, but I feel like I can make more convincing arguments than a lot of these people cuz they get so mad and start saying shit that doesn't make any sense. There have to be 3 or 4 mature pvpers to get in there.

I dunno who is in their ear about stuff, I mean, I still wanna know who suggested the parcel idea, tbh. It's not gonna have a huge impact on my life if MO2 crashes and burns, but like that guy who made the "congrat" post... it's going to affect everything going forward. There was this Strategy RPG game I really liked (Natural Doctrine, act like you know!!), and it failed hard, and it was a niche game that took chances. Each time a niche game fails, people refuse to take risks again, and the odd thing about MO2 is they seem intent on smoothing out the niche edges of it. There's really nothing wrong with pvp. Pvp is SUPPOSED to make people kind of mad lol. Did people forget that? I never got into Dark Souls-like games (tho Natural Doctrine is p fucking hard,) when you get so far into something and get derped out it's supposed to make you rage. But, it actually inspires you, too. Like I said in other threads, if not for some early beef w/ people who turned out not really doing shit in MO1, I wouldn't have dedicated the effort I did to prove everyone wrong. Pvp is a GOOD thing. People get mad, OK, some people quit, but the dynamic of Blue v Red is what drives the game. That *is* MO. People talking about adding a faction system, you already got it lol.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

I dunno who really wants to play this less pvp game. If there were more cool things to do in the wild/systems... I would go back to being basically a carebear. But that doesn't mean sometimes you see a dude and it's like OH ITS THAT DUDE, KILLEM. And what's the problem w/ that. lol. I can't calc in my mind how anyone could make more money PKing than they could making money proper. More work, more risk. Might be more fun tho, for them, and cool. PK is what made the game interesting. Not knowing what to expect w/ encounters, riding/walking up to people like??? It's funny to see their gears turning before they run, talk, or draw their wep.
That's why I say they should just give peopleIt's an essential social experience (experiMENT in some ways.)

That's why I say they should people a pve server and they will realize how lame the game is without pvp lol. Then let the rest of people play on the normal server.

You see, after all players did force henrik's hand in old mortal and now. In MO1 forced till the community died out because of SV's absolute lack of action. Died because they wouldn't aknowledge extensive problematics with the game design under the premise they wouldn't revert or change what was "finished", a lot was considered finished when the reality is those things were a little steps behind of being part of a continuum.

Same happens now, isolated pieces of content are installed with a pejorative explanation and a promise, things that eventually" gonna be part of the fabric of the game.
This cumbersome way to introduce things that almost seem a last moment arbitrary idea dissociate certain public from mortal's experience and the lack of dialogue just makes it worse.
Of course arpk people will vouch for whatever thing that cripples criminal playstyle, for me this murdercount system shouldn't go this way, i think this is a poor missguided attempt to balance the world.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You see, after all players did force henrik's hand in old mortal and now. In MO1 forced till the community died out because of SV's absolute lack of action. Died because they wouldn't aknowledge extensive problematics with the game design under the premise they wouldn't revert or change what was "finished", a lot was considered finished when the reality is those things were a little steps behind of being part of a continuum.

Same happens now, isolated pieces of content are installed with a pejorative explanation and a promise, things that eventually" gonna be part of the fabric of the game.
This cumbersome way to introduce things that almost seem a last moment arbitrary idea dissociate certain public from mortal's experience and the lack of dialogue just makes it worse.
Of course arpk people will vouch for whatever thing that cripples criminal playstyle, for me this murdercount system shouldn't go this way, i think this is a poor missguided attempt to balance the world.

I don't think you're alone in thinking that. lol. Like I said we need to get some open forum of pvpers w/ devs so they can talk it out. No dodging, no thru robmo communications. My point was just people were already during steam release when they decided to grief people out of the game. Then they continued to grief people later on with walls (like walling off MK, as a more griefy example, but walling off the mountain pass was super wack, too. Most people defended that as territory control, zzz.)

What the game needs is action. It needs an end game. That's funny this discussion is taking place in a thread I made about holding down an instance, but now it seems easier to get into the main game cuz it seems like a bunch of people quit or something after this patch lol. Guess dudes were mining teph 24/7 and blasting it then sleeping afk.

I really do believe in my suggestions, and I'm quick to point out a flaw in someone else's suggestion (Even tho people often to listen to me,) and I'm also NOT SHY about spamming my suggestions everywhere. However, I dunno how to handle this situation except that it does need to be handled. MO w/o pvp is wack. It's just creating an entitlement... it's like the entitlement people come into the game with and are like U PK'D ME AND TOOK MY STUFF? I QUIT!! Well, the longer this goes on, the more those type of people are going to feel entitled to not be pvp'd and continue to shitpost like HENRIK TOOK ACTION HUE HUE HUE. So, it's gonna be a rude awakening when the game does swing back to pvp, but it needs something. Like I said, my opinion might be different if there were things to do in the game, but at this point it's just gathering resources... and for what? lol. Eventually everyone is going to get bored, even the pve kids. Steppe horses are 5g in duli. lol. That proves there isn't enough pvp.