We done with SPAMMING!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
No, I don't mean I'm gonna stop posting, hue.

I was reading the 'too much reading' thread, and I wanted to chime in. I re-installed, but I am not going to log into my main accts because I don't want to start the timer on them, and when I calculate how long it'll be to get a new character up and running, that's a big chunk of my free month! Imagine people who come in with NO new characters, how much of their free month is gonna be spent speccing their characters?

It takes way too long to spec for both combat and crafting. The haven tutors give you like 25 wep skill. Anatomy tutor, etc. Why?? Crafting tutors give you like 30 in ONE trashtier craft. Magic tutor doesn't even teach you vitalism!

I feel like they need to change it so that players are able to hard spec into combat / crafting straight off (and obviously change if they want,) so you should get like 50-60 in a lot of stuff when you talk to the combat guy, the butcher guy, the taming guy, the crafting guy. And it shouldn't be just one thing, it should flesh out your build somewhat. You should be somewhat viable.

Then, you should have to craft some stuff, but you should be getting at least a point for each thing made, maybe up until very close to the end. I was looking at my crafts while I was making swords, after talking to the tutor. He gave me 30 to start, and each 1h sword I crafted gave me 45/300 exp (for the next level.) THAT'S A BIT CRAZY.

Same with reading primary books like 'scales' or 'animal mats.' It should pop a bunch of stuff and give you basic knowledge of some stuff. You shouldn't be making 70 quality stuff in the beginning, but you should be close enough that you just have to put in a little effort to spam up. The skill gain is a big problem in this game, where you PAY FOR TIME and you have people trying the game out for one month. Other than the people who are like I LUV HAVENNN, I dunno how you are hooking anyone with things as they are. And the game does not need more haven lovers ha.

The proof is in this: the way things are set up now, if you aren't grinding hard and spamming, your character is not gonna be specced in a month. Add in 2 characters, and that's even worse!

Reactions: Rahz

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
THEY ARE FIXING IT. ?? I think.

This should be an easy change and should be made asap. Bang it out by next week plz.