WARNING about Special Attacks! HENRIK.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
@Henrik Nyström

Special attacks can be cool and the game should have special attacks! However, if you depend on them to fix the flaws in combat, your game will be even more memey, trust. Fix the core combat of the game!!

Everything is there, you just have to make it so that parry isn't so overbearing and probably find a way to make shields (another weird addition) less weird.

I would suggest drastically reducing swing charge time. Make click swings do a tiny bit of damage so that you can 'counter' people by moving back to dodge and click swinging, then make a full charge be just pulling back the weapon all the way.

Remember the line "but then I can't parry two people at once!" YOU SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO PARRY TWO PEOPLE AT ONCE. There are two sides: there is the "being able to defend and 1vx" and the "being able to burn people down or punish them hard enough to separate them then burn someone down" and given the way the game works, it makes so much more sense to go with the damage.

I am sick lately -sadface- MO was fun, but a lot of the fun I had in MO1 didn't have to do with the finer mechanics... like combat, etc, cuz lag. MO2 actually has potential to be a good combat game and to be good in so many areas! If I get un-sick, I might wanna play MO again! Stop making knee jerk changes because all of the roadmap stops aren't bringing in people.

START AT THE CORE and work outward. Look at movement, swings, damage, stamina. There is a lot that can be adjusted there. Please and thankye. For yaboy. Remember, I put a lot into this game!! I am on the good side. It's just really frustrating to watch you guys failing, and I'm not afraid to tell you that you are hard failing. Whether or not you like it, sometimes you need to be awakened to the idea that you are derping yourself out. If you can't handle it, grow as a person!

PEACE