War system?

serge

Dec 22, 2021
I am fairly new to Mortal but I would love to see a change in the war system. The war system seems pretty useless right now. Both sides have to accept... I would love to see some sort of gold requirement or upkeep system to maintain a war. The criminal system is very punishing and it seems like most players have to buy a second account just to be able to always have a "Blue" character. I think it would be nice to have another valid form of PVP outside of going criminal.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
The original war declaration system in MO 1 was kind of like that. People couldnt refuse a war dec. it was forced upon them . it cost money to declare and maintain a war dec active, etc.

However it didnt really work. It made it real easy for large guilds to greef small guilds. Also it just devolved in guild logging naked mage squads in town to focus down the enemy, then log off. Rinse and repeat.

on the other hand, the guild on the receiving hand would just all drop out of guild, or just make a new one. Therfore avoiding the wardec altogether.

im not saying the current system is great but its a lot harder than it sounds to make a good system that works, cant be cheesed or used to simply greef.

I would suggest that the only thing a war dec does is prevent the enemy from giving murder counts. The law stays the same in town. And the blue/grey flag works the same. Just no murder counts.

The original war declaration system in MO 1 was kind of like that. People couldnt refuse a war dec. it was forced upon them . it cost money to declare and maintain a war dec active, etc.
Some corrections to the MO 1 bit, all guilds could force one outgoing wardec regardless of how many wars the target had active, and there was no upkeep fee.

Personally, I'd like to see the same system return but with guards not honoring war declarations if a NPC empire (as opposed to a guild using TC; give them a toggle for it) has control of the town.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
One way that might make it work better is to allow wardecs to be made only against guilds with a keep site, perhaps?

EVE Online kind of works this way, you have to own an asset like a space station or something similar to be wardec-able. That way, smaller player corporations were left alone.

serge

Dec 22, 2021
One way that might make it work better is to allow wardecs to be made only against guilds with a keep site, perhaps?

EVE Online kind of works this way, you have to own an asset like a space station or something similar to be wardec-able. That way, smaller player corporations were left alone.

Yeah that would be a good idea and add more value to owning a keep.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Game needs forced war decs with any guild. Just have a cost based on how many people more then them you have along with it being limited to only one city per war. Daily cost and buy outs along with other cost like prominence that has a cap per guild for how much prominence you can have.

Forced war devs are a anti zerg mechanic, Gives ARPK a way to attack griefers with out going red, and will make people want to stay positive rep in order to go into towns to fight in a war dec.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Game needs forced war decs with any guild. Just have a cost based on how many people more then them you have along with it being limited to only one city per war. Daily cost and buy outs along with other cost like prominence that has a cap per guild for how much prominence you can have.

Forced war devs are a anti zerg mechanic, Gives ARPK a way to attack griefers with out going red, and will make people want to stay positive rep in order to go into towns to fight in a war dec.

El sistema de prominencia siempre me pareció horrible.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
El sistema de prominencia siempre me pareció horrible.
I think the prominence system of MO1 was very bad from what I heard. I only called it prominence instead of guild rep. I rather have a task that guilds do to get reputation that they spend for wars or other parts of the game. No go collect 10000 stone for a little bit of prominence or go kill deamons for prominence.

I think stuff like go kill the spider queen to get rep would be a cool game mechanic.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
I think the prominence system of MO1 was very bad from what I heard. I only called it prominence instead of guild rep. I rather have a task that guilds do to get reputation that they spend for wars or other parts of the game. No go collect 10000 stone for a little bit of prominence or go kill deamons for prominence.

I think stuff like go kill the spider queen to get rep would be a cool game mechanic.

good point

Reactions: Najwalaylah