Vote for Mounted Archery nerfs

What kind of nerfs should mounted archery receive to be less obnoxious? (multi-choice)

• Total voters

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
I wish I could have included more options, but this was the max the poll allowed. Good to see some discussion here, I think the option to just reduce arrow damage on horses/pets would have been a good addition to the list, or then we really just need horse and pet killing to have some real consequences in the game. I know they plan to add the wobble so I didn't include that in the options again.

D

Deleted member 44

It's truly mind blowing reading some of these comments. It's even crazier that SV listens to these suggestions.

Let's nerf MA because I'm a beta gamer that chose to wear Rugged Garments and think that I should be able to compete with someone who actually made investment into their gear. That MA hits really hard! Meanwhile the Oghmir in Reptile Carapace gets it for 8. Such damage.

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
It's truly mind blowing reading some of these comments. It's even crazier that SV listens to these suggestions.

Let's nerf MA because I'm a beta gamer that chose to wear Rugged Garments and think that I should be able to compete with someone who actually made investment into their gear. That MA hits really hard! Meanwhile the Oghmir in Reptile Carapace gets it for 8. Such damage.

You saying the MA really invested to their bow and basic armor? Cmon man there is about zero investment there. Just because some other ppl who have skill points spent in wearing heavy armor can resist arrows does not mean that MA themselves shouldn't also invest to be able to deal a lot of damage easily. And horses are in such a sorry state that no matter what they are wearing they will die quickly, talk about pets..

You are only here commenting that "everyone should wear the heaviest possible armor to survive MA and stop caring about their horses and pets, it's fine guys". The game has armor tiers for a reason as there are different playstyles, MA is in pretty much everyone's skillset because it has to be, as it is too good, too cheap and effective at dismounting anyone. Talk about it's the only proper way to solo PvE as fighting fair against most mobs is a no go.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
MAs are largely ignorable if you are on foot.

Here is FuS playing a mage and notice how he pretty much ignores the MAs while fighting the foot players.
He is a mage so he needs to stand still but most players can simply move while strafing to avoid arrows from MAs.

Like fighting MAs is annoying because when they are about to die to a foot player they will run away. I dont see the issue as MAs are OP its just annoying to fight them. They are pretty weak to foot players especially since any foot melee can use a long bow with no skill points into it and still be viable.

Its lame to fight MAs its also lame to fight as a MA. I got like 300 hours on MA and its very difficult and annoying to hit any foot player who is some what competent at the game. You also cant trade against bow players. I dont play MA anymore because its not effective against foot players. MA is pretty much only to dismount other players and then harrass them. If you are by your self and want to kill them then you have to dismount in a spot where you mount would be safe before going in on foot.

A game with out MAs doenst really bother me but listening to people who have no idea how to play the game and not understand it crying about something that is not OP, but is weak but annoying to fight is a issue.

Same people claim Foot archer is OP when it is not viable and that mage is weak when its pretty strong if not OP in the main situations you will be fighting in.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You saying the MA really invested to their bow and basic armor? Cmon man there is about zero investment there. Just because some other ppl who have skill points spent in wearing heavy armor can resist arrows does not mean that MA themselves shouldn't also invest to be able to deal a lot of damage easily. And horses are in such a sorry state that no matter what they are wearing they will die quickly, talk about pets..

You are only here commenting that "everyone should wear the heaviest possible armor to survive MA and stop caring about their horses and pets, it's fine guys". The game has armor tiers for a reason as there are different playstyles, MA is in pretty much everyone's skillset because it has to be, as it is too good, too cheap and effective at dismounting anyone. Talk about it's the only proper way to solo PvE as fighting fair against most mobs is a no go.
You survive MAs with weak armor. Archery is pretty weak and MAs have harder times then foot archers at hitting targets. MAs are only viable where foot archers are not because they can escape and dont use the same stamina for attacking that they use for movement. Just having molarium armor is super effective against archery and you dont need more then maybe 40 heavy armor training. If you wear steel then you will only take 20-24 damage. If a ogh then you will only take 16-20 damage. If you get hit which you should not be getting hit for the majority of the shots.

125s are expensive, You need at least steel horse armor to be viable in trading somewhat against foot archers but you actually need tung horse armor. Most people dont target the rider so you can skimp on armor their but most MAs will be dismounted at some point so that means they will need melee weapons.

MAs have to invest 300 points into MA for just the baseline. Thats not including what they need to heal the horse and its in addition to what ever else they need in order to fight on foot.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You are way too dismissive of wobble. People stop while running on the ground to fire arrows. It's a big deal.

it wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't deleting your whole stam bar LOL. I dunno I mean I guess my mind is bad at easy things and better at harder things, it's consistently mediocre! It matters somewhat, I guess, but it's not gonna change the game. It's not gonna make it any harder to hit a horse and that's the problem. It's a rhythm thing.

Edit: if you mean full sprint wobble then yea that's pretty insane, but the wobble before was more like walking wobble. That's not a big deal. lol That full sprint wobble, I dunno if it has to do with the fact that you are sprinting, too, or if it's just ridic, but it's really hard to do anything at that level. That's way more than wobble that's like a seizure. It's still the same idea tho, rhythm, but accounting for lag and everything is a lot harder w/ things going that fast.

Last edited:
D

Dracu

Just force mounted archers into first mount speed when aiming with a bow and shooting. Increase time to get into second speed tier after shooting with a bow. Bam fixed. Kthx bye

Reactions: Jatix

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Bow needs way more wobble when mounted, and increases when moving faster. Landing shots is just way too easy. Shooting a bow on foot while moving is aids.

Bows are also just too strong, including on foot. You should need to shoot steel+ arrows to do the current bow damage and have it be fair risk v reward.

Also armor needs more pierce resist vs bows. If you arent gear crutching, you just get slammed by a 10s bow. Its literal aids. A Molarium spear is literal ass. But a molarium bow is a couple damage less than max, and complete dunks on anyone not wearing steel +. Hybrids and dex mages are just trash vs bows. You cant stop to heal because you will get hit for several times heal damage. and if they arent literal garbage at being an MA they are still going to land some shots while you arent healing.

Reactions: CrgHck

iiell

Jan 27, 2022
They need to add a severe wobble when moving at speeds above 1. Also, turning your mount while your bow is drawn should not be possible. I think those two changes would balance MA very nicely.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Just force mounted archers into first mount speed when aiming with a bow and shooting. Increase time to get into second speed tier after shooting with a bow. Bam fixed. Kthx bye
Lol might as well be on foot, brickwall mechanics are not the way to balance this, tweeks to damage and someway to increase player input are better.

As a hybrid main I can dismount use my horse as a shield and do enough damage with a 90str long bow to make most MAs leave or lose their horse

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
You lost me at the part where the MA invested in gear. Bows are worth literally nothing. So you have to wear good armor to counter their worthless bow. And thats somehow fair?

1v1 if the MA is on a min level horse in trash gear they will prob die but as part of a group where they aren't being targeted they can do full op damage, chase run away, with virtually 0 risk and no gear investment vs other builds.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrgHck
D

Dracu

Lol might as well be on foot, brickwall mechanics are not the way to balance this, tweeks to damage and someway to increase player input are better.

As a hybrid main I can dismount use my horse as a shield and do enough damage with a 90str long bow to make most MAs leave or lose their horse
Sure is a heavy heavy game changer but i saw it in other games used. Might aswell work here.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
What a trash poll, not only can you not disagree you can't even vote for the most basic change which is removing damage bonus from equidae

Jandles

Feb 14, 2022
I would never ask for not be able to turn while shooting, its already such a pain in the ass for MM, but needing more skillpoints and maybe nerfing range would be great balance for MA in my opinion.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Funny how people voted to make MA require more then then 100 skill points when it requires that already. Just shows how much people dont know but are pushing for things non the less.