Update on the Wiki

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Hey all,

I finally took the first inaugural steps of re-calibrating the MO wiki for Mortal Online 2:

Mortal Online Wiki | Fandom

Here are some of the changes I made:
  • Moved the MO1 content an "MO1 Archive" section, which is still available from the main page.
  • Added an FAQ section with the most common questions I hear and some new player tips.
  • Added the commonly used online resources, MO2 official links and Wolfzeit's guides to the main page.
Trying to first focus on just frantically getting as much useful info for a new person coming into the game as possible. My weakpoint is definitely formatting/design, so feel free to tweak on that side if needed.

Also let me know if you tink there's anything that should be added, either in terms of links, or content in the FAQ/Tips sections.

There are still systems like Reserves and Primary/Secondary that I think deserve explanation.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I try to reserve my more harsh opinions to just friends & guild members, simply because it's like they say.. If you've nothing nice to say then don't say it.

I appreciate the effort that you're making with the wiki, that much I can applaud.

But there is some information on here that I found to be misleading and or biased that I don't think should be present.

One misconception a lot of people have for example about ping in this game, is that you can have 5 or 200 and still play.

Sure, you're right. But to say you wont notice it in these ranges is far from the truth on your own end, and especially against others. Having lower ping gives you a much better reaction time, and as your ping goes up the lower that time goes down. I feel like if you wish to explain the ping / single server system to someone who wont know.. keep it simple and entirely factual.

SV can claim there is no difference, but many of the players know there is in-fact one; and that playing further away from the server will in-fact net a different response.

It's just one of the few things I picked up when skimming over the newly added pieces. It's just best to try and avoid information that which is potentially biased and or opinionated. If anything, make a section for such things. For example, I don't think I'd ever recommend a lot of Speznat's videos (no offense) to other players. Some of his videos are purely factual & helpful, while others are purely his PoV on how it works / should work.

Beyond that, good job. (y)

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I try to reserve my more harsh opinions to just friends & guild members, simply because it's like they say.. If you've nothing nice to say then don't say it.

I appreciate the effort that you're making with the wiki, that much I can applaud.

But there is some information on here that I found to be misleading and or biased that I don't think should be present.

One misconception a lot of people have for example about ping in this game, is that you can have 5 or 200 and still play.

Sure, you're right. But to say you wont notice it in these ranges is far from the truth on your own end, and especially against others. Having lower ping gives you a much better reaction time, and as your ping goes up the lower that time goes down. I feel like if you wish to explain the ping / single server system to someone who wont know.. keep it simple and entirely factual.

SV can claim there is no difference, but many of the players know there is in-fact one; and that playing further away from the server will in-fact net a different response.

It's just one of the few things I picked up when skimming over the newly added pieces. It's just best to try and avoid information that which is potentially biased and or opinionated. If anything, make a section for such things. For example, I don't think I'd ever recommend a lot of Speznat's videos (no offense) to other players. Some of his videos are purely factual & helpful, while others are purely his PoV on how it works / should work.

Beyond that, good job. (y)

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm happy to put a disclaimer at the top that the FAQ section is inherently biased by the author (myself). I did do my best to simply state "facts", including within that, statements by the developer. The one that is most potentially biased is the "is the community toxic" section, but I tried to state things as in my opinion when relevant.

On the ping one, I tried to specifically frame that as "here's what the developers have said". Everything I wrote there is what Henrik has said, not what I've experienced (though I do play on a 180ms ping connection and don't notice issues, though I'm not a hardcore tournament PvPer).

I think it's less useful for me to give anecdotal experience from myself or what various people think (as then I'm getting into weighting some people's opinions over others) and left it as just a summation of what the developers have said on the topic (and tried to clarify that those are statements by the devs, not statements of fact). If you think there's something helpful I could put in there that isn't based on anecdotal opinion (for example telling them how to ping the server to get their own ping),be happy to. I (personally) don't consider it bias or misleading to answer a question on a wiki with statements from the developer about the game, but I'm open to discussion about it.

As with Wolfzeit's vids, I specifically left out his vids that are like fun, or entertainment etc. He's the single biggest source of "guide" information out there, so I felt inclined to include him. If you have thoughts about a better source of guides, again happy to add it. Guides are inherently opinion, so can't really get away from that.

EDIT: I added a sort of note/disclaimer to this effect at the top.

Last edited:

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm happy to put a disclaimer at the top that the FAQ section is inherently biased by the author (myself). I did do my best to simply state "facts", including within that, statements by the developer. The one that is most potentially biased is the "is the community toxic" section, but I tried to state things as in my opinion when relevant.

On the ping one, I tried to specifically frame that as "here's what the developers have said". Everything I wrote there is what Henrik has said, not what I've experienced (though I do play on a 180ms ping connection and don't notice issues, though I'm not a hardcore tournament PvPer).

I think it's less useful for me to give anecdotal experience from myself or what various people think (as then I'm getting into weighting some people's opinions over others) and left it as just a summation of what the developers have said on the topic (and tried to clarify that those are statements by the devs, not statements of fact). If you think there's something helpful I could put in there that isn't based on anecdotal opinion (for example telling them how to ping the server to get their own ping),be happy to. I (personally) don't consider it bias or misleading to answer a question on a wiki with statements from the developer about the game, but I'm open to discussion about it.

As with Wolfzeit's vids, I specifically left out his vids that are like fun, or entertainment etc. He's the single biggest source of "guide" information out there, so I felt inclined to include him. If you have thoughts about a better source of guides, again happy to add it. Guides are inherently opinion, so can't really get away from that.

EDIT: I added a sort of note/disclaimer to this effect at the top.

Thank you for taking my feedback and responding to it like all people should. I can appreciate that very much! I'm sure you can poke around on the Discord and on the forums for people to help provide you help and information. It'll be a lot of work for one person to do.