Unnecessary Stress Test Annoyance

a.out

May 28, 2020
It's fine to use a quick&dirty login throttle instead of a proper queue that queues people until there is enough free capacity - but then you ought to show numbers like current/max Sever capacity and number of people currently waiting. That way we can make informed decisions if we want to spend our weekend playing login lottery or rather wait a few hours till it is more reasonable to try our luck.

This lack of feedback has and will piss off a lot of players. I get that there will be problems. This bad taste was absolutely avoidable, though.

Brenin

Mar 27, 2021
The title of this thread shows how little you understand about this point in the development process

Reactions: Meos

a.out

May 28, 2020
The title of this thread shows how little you understand about this point in the development process
How so? To me your response shows you did not understand one word of what I have written.

At the very, very least they could have let the client retry once the connection to the "login server" has been lost. This is a very trivial line of code. If we are here to play the lottery, let us do so until we hit cancel. This is not rocket science and has nothing to do with "the development process".

Last edited: