Two Requests for the Housing System Based on Player Experience from MO1.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Suggestion 1: Please allow stables to be built on the outside of houses without having to make an entire guild. This would allow players to build in places beneficial to the community without having to make an entire guild to be able to have a stable. Since the world is so much bigger and with each account being limited to one character we won't be able to make sub guilds to use to build useful infrastructure to make the world more user friendly, having a stable outside of a house could help people be able to play even if their time is limited.

Suggestion 2: Allow players other than the owner of a house to be able to pay the taxes on houses, so that if a house is useful to the community the community can pay for it's upkeep and use.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Agreed. I hope they give options to have any tc vendors and such be accessible to everyone or guild only.

Having some vendor be strictly guild only in MO1 really limited the ability to have open towns.

Reactions: grendel and Rorry

Arfy

Nov 28, 2020
Australia
The original houses in MO 1 had the ability to add a stable at the front of the house i think that worked fine . you also could add a vendor that sold your goods though i think at the time it used the stable slot .the ability to have both of these alone would improve the single players experience or even a small guild .The proceeds from the vendor and stable could automatically go into the house chest to cover taxes if required i think thats how the stables in MO 1 worked in the early days .

the houses also had the ability to be expanded to have a couple of work tables inside the house i think this system worked well and could be
the answer for single/small guilds . And leave the latest system of having everything available to the larger guilds .

Arfy

Nov 28, 2020
Australia
Just a note to my post the system i described would encourage like minded players to build close together to form a community that shared
resources ect . between them they could cover most of the work tables ect the only thing im not sure how to do would having a broker i suppose it could be a thing that just costs a lot of gold to buy in the first place .

Tzone

May 16, 2021
@Arfy I was gonna ask for vendors like rust did. Good to see this might come to the game.

Arfy

Nov 28, 2020
Australia
@Arfy I was gonna ask for vendors like rust did. Good to see this might come to the game.
yeah it was great back in the day we had a house along Fab road and you could walk along the road checking out everyones vendors to see what they were selling .

Reactions: Tzone

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
house with stables is decent enough, we should be able to upgrade the house 'infrastructure' a little bit I mean not like be able to build banks and walls and crap like that, but basic stuff like stables or maybe a butcher table would be nice, lets be honest nobody wants to have that one character as the 'alt guild' and ask everyone to open the gates for you in the keep lmao

Reactions: Speznat

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
This post got me thinking.

I think the housing system should allow most things to be built without a guild (aside from walls).

The small area of a house would be what would limit the number of things a single home owner could place.

I believe this would encourage some players to built together which could lead to a more village/tribe feel with housing.

So for example, a small group of friends that are not able to start a guild themsleves could choose to build houses together and

then build different structures so they have a variety of things.

Then other players may find these things useful so they build there as well and then but up even different structures.

In the end they are somewhat making a village/town. And like towns it would be beneficial for others to build near it as well.

So it could continue to grow even without a guild connection across the individuals.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021

I think the housing system should allow most things to be built without a guild (aside from walls).

The small area of a house would be what would limit the number of things a single home owner could place.

I believe this would encourage some players to built together which could lead to a more village/tribe feel with housing.

So for example, a small group of friends that are not able to start a guild themsleves could choose to build houses together and

Then other players may find these things useful so they build there as well and then but up even different structures.

In the end they are somewhat making a village/town. And like towns it would be beneficial for others to build near it as well.

So it could continue to grow even without a guild connection across the individuals.

Never played MO1, so I can't speak about the plans for MO2 relative to what happened in MO1, but I like where you're going with this. I think housing is a critical system that will bring many more players in/back to MO2, and they should consider what's been talked about in this thread.

Reactions: Xunila and Amadman

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland

So If im understanding it right, basically the more 'houses' higher the level of the settlement, the higher the level the more shit you can add to the settlement ? I personally like the idea, BUT it will be conflicting with the current systems and I can see some issues coming out of it. Overall sounds kinda cool tho
Or you meant rather something like limit 1 house to build '3' objects and basically have 1 house build 3 of those and second house build some other infrastructure to add up to it ? this would be easier I guess

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
So If im understanding it right, basically the more 'houses' higher the level of the settlement, the higher the level the more shit you can add to the settlement ? I personally like the idea, BUT it will be conflicting with the current systems and I can see some issues coming out of it. Overall sounds kinda cool tho
Or you meant rather something like limit 1 house to build '3' objects and basically have 1 house build 3 of those and second house build some other infrastructure to add up to it ? this would be easier I guess

Yeah, I was thinking more like the second one. No complicated system. Houses would have many options but each individual house would be limited to just 2 or 3 of these things.

Since one house alone would be so limited, it would be beneficial to build near other houses to have access to more things. If an area became popular and grew then it would be like a player made village in the world. With everything being offered there being beneficial to everyone.

Reactions: Rorry and Xunila

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I like the idea of player villages with several houses very much. And we are planning to build something like that. [Remark: In case of a changed logout systems. Players are just streaming away after the last patch. I already heard of full guilds leaving the game.]

The only problem is the required space, a large flat area without trees or rocks, to build some houses. In MO1 every house base required the whole area of the maximum 3x3 slots. There has been no change to build a small 1x2 slot house in a smaller space.

I don't know how SV will implement the system, but I hope on more freedom with the placing rules.

Illuana

Jun 1, 2020
An Idea I had, and I think others have touched upon one way or another is just give each house have a single slot for 1 type of add-on. It could be a way for each player to say 'hey this is what I do as a profession' They can put a stable if they are a tamer, could put a crafting bench if they're a crafter, put an extraction add-on if that's their thing. No one person should be able to put down multiple benches or add-ons unless they are a keep holder. This would encourage people to play together and build communities because different people are putting in different add-ons.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I think it needs to be more than just one since most people will have only one character with several professions, plus even armor crafters need stables, and possibly butcher tables, or for another example metal crafters need multiple devices for their trade.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I think there could be options to build things inside the house still as well.

The stuff on the outside though will just be more accessible to others. As well as make it where someone don't need to make the things they already have access to at someone else's near by house.

Reactions: Rorry

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Some way to let your house be open to others without making them criminals would be ok, too, could share more that way.
It would be especially nice if you could have a locked room, or lock the upper floors and leave the bottom open for others to use.

Illuana

Jun 1, 2020
I think SV doesn't want each player to be solo and self sufficient 100 percent. As such, only having a single add on fills this goal of theirs. If you want more than that then group your house near a friends'

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
One request about housing keeps based on MO2 Experience.

Release that crap at the END of beta instead of the start of persistent. So you know... when the most important element of the entire game is inevitably horribly broken you can FIX IT before it actually matters.

Reactions: Tzone and Evelyn

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I think SV doesn't want each player to be solo and self sufficient 100 percent. As such, only having a single add on fills this goal of theirs. If you want more than that then group your house near a friends'
I understand, but SV has set up the conditions to where people are cramming 2-3 professions onto their character, so houses should be able to accommodate that. That is far from being self sufficient.

Probably we will be able to have many workbenches inside, however, I prefer that they be outside, because then there is some risk and houses don't just become the locked up safe zones that they are in MO1. The problem with building next to others' houses and using their work spaces is that houses come and go with great frequency, so you can find yourself without the ability to craft after your neighbor drops out of the game for less than 1 month.

This whole idea might be only a hollow dream anyway. In MO1 community towns that were open to the public were rarely used. I think it was a combination of fear of being zerged while crafting, and a fear of the owner letting the asset fall to taxes in the case of banks.
Earlier in the game when anyone could pay the taxes on a house or storage shed, the community kept many useful buildings up long after the owner had quit playing.