Too much body positive

Avaira

Mar 18, 2021
Saint-Petersburg
discord.gg
Seems MO2 very body positive game... why this is 100%? Human womans normally must be around 120kg+ with tons of fat and Arny muscles?
d915076120b03dbf32e529f874aba2db.jpg

50% looks more like a normal state. Even if you wearing full plate armor all day long.

26e8d5575688f3486488333d7cf4d523.jpg

And I know this is beta. But this body not the same as for males. So this body was made for females. And this fact especially weird. Hope it will be changed eventually.

Reactions: Iskaldt

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Yeah I noticed that too, I think they messed up the slider.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I've known and dated fit, athletic, or otherwise strong women in heavily physical professions with the body types of both. More variable body types that then after selection are affected by the weight sliders would be more appropriate of a truly next gen game, both for female and male characters. Dragon's Dogma from 9 years ago could pull it off, I don't see why MO2 can't.

I see the thread point though. Most women athletes I've watched don't have large boobs like Lean and Underweight characters do, but it's whatever and not as important as just more body types.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Actually the body becomes even bigger when you stat up str...
So in this case a "fit" character already looks like Hulk.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I think it is partially because they want males and females to have the same size hitbox I am guessing. The men seem a bit thick as well though. Like I've met plenty of thin and/or lanky guys.

Skeletal: -40 STR, -40 CON, -10 PSY (-18 to -19 Health)

These stats suggest to me that anyone who has them is starving. They should look like a victim of famine. But the character that has them above looks on the thin end of healthy.

Lean : -5 STR, +5 DEX (-3 to -7 Health)

That is about where I would place the "Skeletal" character above. The next step below that is:

Underweight: -10 STR, +5 DEX. -5 CON, +5 PSY (-7 to -9 Health)

Loss of constitution and considered underweight. Such a character should be showing mild signs of malnourishment. Unlike the one pictured.

Last edited:

Avaira

Mar 18, 2021
Saint-Petersburg
discord.gg
I think it is partially because they want males and females to have the same size hitbox I am guessing. The men seem a bit thick as well though. Like I've met plenty of thin and/or lanky guys.

Skeletal: -40 STR, -40 CON, -10 PSY (-18 to -19 Health)

These stats suggest to me that anyone who has them is starving. They should look like a victim of famine. But the character that has them above looks on the thin end of healthy.

Lean : -5 STR, +5 DEX (-3 to -7 Health)

That is about where I would place the "Skeletal" character above. The next step below that is:

Underweight: -10 STR, +5 DEX. -5 CON, +5 PSY (-7 to -9 Health)

Loss of constitution and considered underweight. Such a character should be showing mild signs of malnourishment. Unlike the one pictured.
I doubt about the same hitbox. Even now you can create character with very different size. Highest thursar x3 bigger than smallest blain or veela.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Right but that is part of racial balance, they aren't intended to be the same. But say male Blainn to female Blainn carries no change in stats. In some games people play females because they believe the hitboxes to be smaller. I think MO2 may have been attempting to avoid that. Rather than making men less ridiculously beefy, they decided to make females similarly beefy.

Avaira

Mar 18, 2021
Saint-Petersburg
discord.gg
Right but that is part of racial balance, they aren't intended to be the same. But say male Blainn to female Blainn carries no change in stats. In some games people play females because they believe the hitboxes to be smaller. I think MO2 may have been attempting to avoid that. Rather than making men less ridiculously beefy, they decided to make females similarly beefy.
Maybe, but probably better to make invisible hitbox than transform every woman into the champion of some Strongman competitions. Also problem not only with female chars. Males cant be subtle too, all with tons of muscles and fat. Even veela.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Yes, I'm agreeing on that. I'm definitely one of the broader built people I know IRL and some of these character models make me seem thin by comparison.

bubbles

Jul 1, 2020
This is what their characters are supposed to look like, as you can see they completely ruined them with the body morph system

Reactions: Iskaldt

Iskaldt

Mar 21, 2021
Im new to MO in general and the first thing i noticed was this. And it annoys me. What is now concidered "skeletal" on a female model is what should be "Fit". And head to body ratio makes no sense when youre anything else but skeletal. Right now the optimal setup for a female character makes her look like a she-hulk with a babyhead. I really hope they change the sliders on this, or it will forever bug me :O

Reactions: Avaira and Rhias