Timeline for Mechanics/Content

Xatras

Aug 21, 2021
The buy order has been very strange in MO1 because you needed one item to create the buy order. We had been able to create buy orders for items in our inventory only. But I would like to place a buy order e.g. for a book, and then I need to select the book from a list and not from inventory. Even more difficult are buy orders for crafted items: I would like to define a buy order for a asymmetric bow with e.g. 115 strength and at least 150 dura, or for a healing potion with at least 50 HP. I don't know if SV will and can implement buy orders like that.
Hope they didn't change it or at least be very carefull. If you can see all tradable things in one ui it will spoil any additions instantly

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Hope they didn't change it or at least be very carefull. If you can see all tradable things in one ui it will spoil any additions instantly

Sure, that's my problem with a selection from all ingame items. The players should not see rare books or rare other items.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
The broker system is already in, so I dont think it should take anywhere near 6 months to add the buy order part to it.

I do believe that it is a mistake for SV not to have the buy order system in currently though.

To give new players direction to get early gold, they should be introduced to the buy order system right in the haven tutorials.

But sadly that does not seem to be happening since the system is not even in and they are working on the tutorials now. :(

The buy orders also naturally change regularly as they are filled and new orders are added.

So there is a reason for players interested in filling them to check them often as well.

Dont take me wrong. I may have agreed on such an npc in the past.

The difference between the buy orders and an npc task giver though is that the buy orders are completely player driven.

In the end I feel it is better if NPC's did not take roles that could easily be filled by players.

In a single player game it is all good for npcs to take such roles. But not so much in a game designed to be player driven.

This is correct imo. No buy orders takes SO much PURPOSE TO PVE - out of the game. Big mistake not having buy orders for persistent if they make it. Also not being able to formulate random groups with private group chat is a big mistake. Also they must have in town NOTICE Boards....for guilds recruitment and town events announcements.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
Henrik said at least once that there will be 'tasks' for bringing specific resuorces (not just heads) to npcs. And you will only have limited amount of time to complete those.

This doesnt excite me - buy orders are the way forward for player induced pve.