Think the new servers will be regional???

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Like I said, red tape... but yea I think putting one in NA East and maybe one far E in Europe would be optimal. Don't see it happening. I think we're gonna get a wonderful THREE SERVERS IN A ROW. But... everyone who is mad about all this crap, if this is the transition from MO being an indie niche game to being a semi-popular MMO, I can't be mad at that! God bless us, one and all! I hope Henrik is ready to make some power moves if that opportunity presents itself. REAL DEAL CEO TIME BABY. PM me for free advice!

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
My guess is that it will be based on the same system as what Haven has. At launch they said they had something like 500+ Havens, which may explain why Haven was hardly ever congested but Myrland only had one instance which caused queue sizes of 3,300+ on any given day.

I'm speculating that all the Myrland instances will be based in London as they are probably all run on the same mega-server. But we'll know more once the new instances go live later this week, according to Henrik's latest announcement.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
My guess is that it will be based on the same system as what Haven has. At launch they said they had something like 500+ Havens, which may explain why Haven was hardly ever congested but Myrland only had one instance which caused queue sizes of 3,300+ on any given day.

I'm speculating that all the Myrland instances will be based in London as they are probably all run on the same mega-server. But we'll know more once the new instances go live later this week, according to Henrik's latest announcement.

I will be happy to play the game!

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Probably not regional.
Unless their current server contract can pull it off or their current server contract allow them to have the new servers hosted in NA, they'd be pretty much forced to host what they are hosting now unless they sign a contract that lets them host a NA server.

Their server costs probably span for most of their costs, so doubling it when you don't have to is a bad move.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
with the huge amount of Negative reviews of not having a NA server i think it would be a good thing to test for when the other continent replaces the instanced Myrland, and at that point just call it a shard like UO

Sep 11, 2021
Dont expect it. Its probably a bunch of new UK servers.

That would be an omega-fail and lost opportunity. A TON of the negative reviews and comments on those reviews are about the lack of NA servers. Even if Star Vault thinks they know better and have some sort of amazing latency equalizer, the marketing gain from being able to say they have a server in NA is probably worth the cost alone. I also know it's against the vision of the game, but if this game were to have more regional servers, the melee combat could be sped up a bit.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
That would be an omega-fail and lost opportunity. A TON of the negative reviews and comments on those reviews are about the lack of NA servers. Even if Star Vault thinks they know better and have some sort of amazing latency equalizer, the marketing gain from being able to say they have a server in NA is probably worth the cost alone. I also know it's against the vision of the game, but if this game were to have more regional servers, the melee combat could be sped up a bit.
Believe me its SV they do think they know better. Of that I have grown sure.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Tell that to blizzard. Or; How to shave your winnings from wow classic in half the handbook.