The RED Guard Change!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Let's pat ourselves on the back a bit first! We (or I) said Reds should be able to enter towns, and rightly so. I personally think low rep people should be able to enter towns, too, and maybe there should be a more complex dynamic with the guards being based more on rep than murderous nature, REGARDLESS, let us enter the meat.

The way things are now, if you are in town and people can fight you but the guards won't help, that's bringing to mind a lot of questions. If two people who are red fight, hey cool. Would be cool if this could override even war combatant so that people who are real fighters could camp each other without guard intervention, cuz we all know they wanna hue.

But the thing I don't understand is WITH the addition of MORE GUARDS, how does this work when a guard-friendly player attacks a non guard friendly player? Doesn't it seem very SV that the guards would help them fight, too? haha. Isn't that pretty BOGUS? I don't think that's what we want? Or is it? Or is there some open pvp flag that keeps the guards out of it. Plz explain to your boy. Is it like local grey or are the guards gonna jump in as soon as the Red guy makes a move? Cuz that second part, if you consider there are going to be more patrolling guards, could get pretty bad.

I always felt that people should be able to enter towns (but I always envisioned fewer guards,) and that the guards should only deter fighting that they see. So they would be open PvP, but it would have to take place out of guard range. Having people get attacked in town by default is crazy, a bit, and even crazier if the guards help. I'm just hoping that SV realizes this and at the very least makes it so that people are not able to start fights with people and have the guards blow them up when they retaliate. Altho I am sure there will be some glitch that people can use to make that happen, anyway.

Making it so that you have to get people outside of town makes a lot more sense than me! Fighting in town makes sense a bit, too, but it really depends on the guards. The guards being there make it unimmersive to see people fighting, to me, if it's scumbag a v scumbag b, it makes sense almost, in certain parts of town, but then again... it's still tough. If they just made Reds farmable w/ guard help though that's a potentially SV decision. Can someone assure me that is not the case?

Wilhelm Windlicht

Aug 18, 2023
I think if a blue is attacking a red in town the blue is local grey for the red und guards would not attack.

On the other hand - it would be nice to see all these "at the graveyard from behind slayed helpless newbes" finally get their revenge :)

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I think if a blue is attacking a red in town the blue is local grey for the red und guards would not attack.

On the other hand - it would be nice to see all these "at the graveyard from behind slayed helpless newbes" finally get their revenge :)

Trust me, it will happen... but with guards also in, it's not as sweet + it will make the whole change useless imo. Dudes might be running in and out of town, but they won't be fighting. I def want people to get their chance vs 'murderers' and some murderers and their bros would have the gall to come into town, so it would be good content, but when you get guards involved it's eyyy.

Reactions: Wilhelm Windlicht

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Trust me, it will happen... but with guards also in, it's not as sweet + it will make the whole change useless imo. Dudes might be running in and out of town, but they won't be fighting. I def want people to get their chance vs 'murderers' and some murderers and their bros would have the gall to come into town, so it would be good content, but when you get guards involved it's eyyy.
the whole point is to have guards protecting blues.

Reactions: Wilhelm Windlicht