The obligatory f2p thread

D

Dracu

Seeing this game going f2p sooner or later... Heres my suggestion for it. I really really hated mo1 f2p as it was utter pay2win/pay2advantage in pvp.

F2p:
- Access to all content
- Full acces to the combat tree (no access to taming/dominating)
- Clade levels 1-10
- Limited Bank Space (unlocked through gold)
- Cant send/recieve items per Mail

Subscription:
- Profession tree unlocked
- Cladegifts 11-20
- 50% faster action tree level speed
- Access to the ether fast travel network
- Mail System
- Full bank access
- One Reroll token per month
- acces to skimming skill
- housing

Microtransactions: (some of the bonuses from subscription but seperately)
- 1 month ether fast travel network pass
- bankspace unlock pass
- 1 reroll token
- 7 day 50% faster combat tree lvling speed

Microtransaction items are soulbound and not tradeable

I think this adds some more value for the subscription and makes changing spec and class easier once a month allowing ppl to try other stuff. Besides that fast traveling in ethermode is something that could be a real timesaver, less travel in ghostmode more action time.

And most important... F2p is a viable option where you are very dependant on others as you cant be selfsufficient or even efficient when it comes to farming. Well you can be take part in pve and pvp but without profession tab, gathering is not an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jatix

Dixie

Jan 27, 2022
In my opinion..
That's gross. and the worst way to introduce subscription systems. It becomes pay to win, where the base game without it feels terrible. Creating classes of people inside the game as well. If there is a sub, we pay it to support the game and enjoy future content. Personally I dont think there should be a sub at all, for at least another year, if at all. It would cut the active players in half, so fast. The only game that has done that model well was Runescape, but that is partially because they were pioneers of the industry. Imo that system creates a worse stigma than paying to play already does.

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae
D

Dracu

In my opinion..
That's gross. and the worst way to introduce subscription systems. It becomes pay to win, where the base game without it feels terrible. Creating classes of people inside the game as well. If there is a sub, we pay it to support the game and enjoy future content. Personally I dont think there should be a sub at all, for at least another year, if at all. It would cut the active players in half, so fast. The only game that has done that model well was Runescape, but that is partially because they were pioneers of the industry. Imo that system creates a worse stigma than paying to play already does.

Have you seen mo1 f2p? All skills for f2p were capped at 70 with thievery and housing beeing locked behind it. It made f2p players have to compete with skill lvl 100 subscription. They were running slower, their crafting was worthless. They were never an option.

I hope with my suggestion giving every f2p 100 % of their combat abilitys so that they can compete on equal ground while having to rely on others and the market to obtain gear. This will be great for traders and crafters as without professions their gold income will be mostly hunting... Populating the world more.

I dont think that any of this is pay2win in the sense where it gives you a competitive advantage in a pvp scenario f2p vs subscription. Maybe not beeing able to tame/dom might be debateable... But i think ppl having to buy from tamers isnt to bad.

The skimming skill is only faster book reading, a nice bonus to have but nothing giving you a competitive advantage in this stage of the game as the race is already over.

The extra xp on combat tree only is a nice bonus i think in combination with the reroll token to try other things once in a while. This should make subbing also more interesting. Also might be twempting for f2p to get ready to pve/pvp faster. Its not a real advantage either, just a time saver.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dixie

Jan 27, 2022
Fair, but Ya, I have no faith in a company introducing a system like that. Its a slippery slope of dissatisfaction, and as you can see they already had it once and failed to implement reasonably. Paying to unlock aspects of the game already created, and being behind a wall otherwise, is not a good feeling. It is rather distasteful in all the other games or mmos i have experienced. It's already cheeky af to sell a game (advertised with aspects that will never come to fruition, with broken promises and lies) and place a subscription on it at all. The industry wont support it much

Reactions: Dracu
D

Dracu

Fair, but Ya, I have no faith in a company introducing a system like that. Its a slippery slope of dissatisfaction, and as you can see they already had it once and failed to implement reasonably. Paying to unlock aspects of the game already created, and being behind a wall otherwise, is not a good feeling. It is rather distasteful in all the other games or mmos i have experienced. It's already cheeky af to sell a game (advertised with aspects that will never come to fruition, with broken promises and lies) and place a subscription on it at all. The industry wont support it much
Yeah i absolutely agree with that... I remember in albion online a subscription felt so freaking mandatory because of the bonus yields alone... that i did not want to play it f2p... And it was like meh that feels shit.

And looking at a game like lotro where it seems like for the most part of the time whole quest areas beeing sold seperately etc... That felt horrible aswell... Sooo many content roadblocks.

But i have faith that as long as you can participate whille having to rely on others it should be fine. Hence i wouldnt mind getting a f2p combat toon which is getting supported by my subbed account... Which might probably be an issue xD but still... The game needed more characters to begin with.

Reactions: Dixie

Riccardo

Jan 31, 2022
Seeing this game going f2p sooner or later... Heres my suggestion for it. I really really hated mo1 f2p as it was utter pay2win/pay2advantage in pvp.

F2p:
- Access to all content
- Clade levels 1-10

Subscription:
- Cladegifts 11-20
- Mail System
- Full bank access
- housing

- bankspace unlock pass
- 1 reroll token

I think this adds some more value for the subscription and makes changing spec and class easier once a month allowing ppl to try other stuff. Besides that fast traveling in ethermode is something that could be a real timesaver, less travel in ghostmode more action time.

And most important... F2p is a viable option where you are very dependant on others as you cant be selfsufficient or even efficient when it comes to farming. Well you can be take part in pve and pvp but without profession tab, gathering is not an option.

I stopped reading at fast travel. You almost had a decent post but that one thing ruined it all.

• Haha
Reactions: Bicorps
D

Dracu

I stopped reading at fast travel. You almost had a decent post but that one thing ruined it all.
Ether fast travel is needed.
The travel time in ghostmode is ridiculous.
I personally like the idea of a ghost highway. Like specific lines or roads that connect from town to town... Moving on them increases you ether movement speed immensely.

Sadly the only thing we have to increase speed is ether momentum from spiritism which increases your speed from 800 to 900 and has to be recast every minute... Not really worth it for faster traveling... Sadly.

Something needs to be done. In what form i dont really care. But time saving is worth something.

In x4 theres a space highway which was immense fun to fly on, well it was auto fly but it was fun nonetheless and damn cool

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

F2p:
- Access to all content
- Clade levels 1-10

Subscription:
- Cladegifts 11-20
- Mail System
- Full bank access
- housing

- bankspace unlock pass
- 1 reroll token

If they do free to play again, it will most likely be limited to Haven only.

jkubej

Apr 22, 2022
good idea fo find new players in game.
but... no fast travel i think.
im solo player and i interested in this.
but big guild can fast travel on map on regroup when some other guild try farm dungeon \ boos \ build stronghold or some else.
my opinion - dont need fast travel, but we can use long cast spell fo tp on other priest.
- example: die in MK > choise JC priest and w8 around 30-40min (u cant do anything) > after cast u in JC.
or maybe it is can be how priest service... pay some gold and choice other priest fo tp (but ye, u need w8 many time fo tp to).
travel time in ghostmode it is need fo balance i think.... but i dont wanna spend this time on PC (in game), maybe watch something or eat or just chill.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Doing most combat roles but having no access to professions is actually really brilliant. The most broken part about F2P would be crafting/gathering alts. This deals with that issue reasonably effectively.

I also wouldn't mind seeing combat roles somewhat restricted beyond your suggestion of domination and the misclassified taming profession. For instance, not giving access to magic schools beyond ecumenical seems fairly reasonable.

And yeah, there is no way this game will survive without F2P. I'm expecting we will see the player population absolutely devastated by subscriptions. Adding something like this will mitigate a lot of that. Not the SV will ever listen to something suggested on the forums.

The biggest abuse I could see is logging combat-effective characters all over the map.

Last edited:

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
I'm not interested in F2P for Myrland, it will just open the door for people like Warmonger, Tyguy etc to spam out F2P accounts to cheat on(which Warmonger an co did non stop in MO1).

I think SVs plans for F2P Haven will be enough, to give people a taste of the game and not being seen as P2W. Also adds a paywall for cheaters to bypass.

Reactions: alabugin

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
" I really really hated mo1 f2p "

That's about it. lol the ether fast travel network. Shadowrun shite.

I'd prefer never see f2p in this game. AND THE FACT THAT SV CAN'T PULL 2500 or 3k PEOPLE THAT LIKE THIS GAME IS EPIC LULS AND ONE OF THE HARDEST FAILS IN THE HISTORY OF GAMING.

I mean, why even try to salvage it if they can't even get it off the ground? Imagine MO going straight f2p. Wouldn't you kind of want to quit just for playing a game that did that haha.

D

Deleted member 44

The F2P version of the game will be Haven. It has already been discussed. Henrik and SV do not read these forums.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The F2P version of the game will be Haven. It has already been discussed. Henrik and SV do not read these forums.

rip let everyone juice their char then jump on. Too bad there isn't some way to do a deep analysis of the 'pathway' that players go thru when entering MO2 universe, that is... unless you use YOUR BRAIN. If they actually charted it out, they would realize they were DOING IT WRONG. lol Free Haven. Altho it's good to have it in a closed space, having all those speccing nubs outside of the economy is actually bad for the game. It's also bad for the game to not have them inside of the actual world. In MO a lot of people had to more or less 'get a job' or get on with someone if they couldn't live. It wasn't REQUIRED, but it made things easier. That was another big part of MO. People coming out skilled, all books, clade 15 or something haha. Then they buy the game, get stomped out, and quit. YESS.

Makes more sense to make skills and everything less grindy and dump people into the real world. IMO! But woe @ f2p. woeeee.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
My thought for F2p vs MO1's, is that instead of capping skills to 60, they should let skills go to 100 but cap you at like 800 primaries. Could be for each tree. Current characters can bloat a lot of skills they dont need. So it would still be possible to make a max fighter or something without any extras. Would at least be much more viable than MO1 f2p which was slow and did no damage and just all around sucked at everything.

In my opinion..
Sub would kill the game yes, which is why we need f2p. But if f2p can do all, the game makes no money and dies. So they have to turn on subs eventually. But the game also needs players to not die, so SV is in a tight spot.

So a system like this is much better than MO1's F2p, which was complete garbage and completely unviable. Which prob made most f2p nubs quit, not sub.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Why are MO players so against fast travel while dead? Is ghosting for 20 mins fun to you guys? Because its a total waste of time, like most of this games 'gameplay'. And would be the easiest time waster to fix.

"zergs bla bla" are the response I expect everyone to say. I get zerged all the time already. Just don't fight near town.

D

Deleted member 44

Why are MO players so against fast travel while dead? Is ghosting for 20 mins fun to you guys? Because its a total waste of time, like most of this games 'gameplay'. And would be the easiest time waster to fix.

"zergs bla bla" are the response I expect everyone to say. I get zerged all the time already. Just don't fight near town.
I'm not. I would love a fast travel from anywhere while dead to either capital city.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

One word...Spiritism.

As long as you can take spirit boxes which vendor for several gold each you now have an instant travel system that lets you move anywhere and buy anything.

Riccardo

Jan 31, 2022

Because it would be exploited and it would kill the immersion if everyone had it available to them.

The point of the travel as is it is to have consequences, things take time, and should take time. If this game was built on modern gaming standards of ADHD be where ever you want when you want it, it would be a different game.

This game is built on time-play and that things are hard and should take time to accomplish rather than getting that you want immediately. Classic game design.