The jumping spinning attacks need to be removed.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Holy cope. This is literally what makes the melee in this game unique and creates a skillgap. I learnt it pretty fast honestly and so can everyone else. Those who REALLY CANT have other options to play the game, more than enough actually. L take
They should just open the PTR indefinetely and "remove" spinning there, add the massive turncap everyone seems to want. Then lets see which combat is more fun

Reactions: Marchioro

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Holy cope. This is literally what makes the melee in this game unique and creates a skillgap. I learnt it pretty fast honestly and so can everyone else. Those who REALLY CANT have other options to play the game, more than enough actually. L take
Just because its unique and creates a skill gap doesn't make it a good thing. And yeah most people can sit down and learn it fairly quickly, the problem is it just feels dogshit to do for a lot of people. Its perfectly fine that you enjoy it, and your name checks out, but you can't sit here and say "holy cope" to this post lol. It was one of the biggest complaints at launch and still is for a reason.

The spinning only exists because its the only solution to terrible melee combat. Its trash and people are just tolerating it. Henrik has been talking about some kind of "kick" or block break for how long now?

I wouldn't worry much though, I doubt anything drastic will change and your practice in 360 triple feinting won't be for nothing.

Luthienne

Apr 8, 2024
The spinning really only happens in 1v1 fights. If you do it with two (competent) enemies on you, it gets punished heavily. Those of you who don't enjoy spinning should either:
1. Learn it anyway, or,
2. Only engage in team fights, or,
3. Play a mage or archer.

Reactions: 360TripleFeint

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The problem is the long perfect block windows.

They adjusted the game around that, and, in a way, doubled down. If there were more blocks than parries, it would still have outplay, there would still be a chance to use spin (and lateral movement,) but it wouldn't be THE ONLY OPTION.

The whole 2 seconds between hits, massive spinning feints, one party sits back and tries to block, then it goes to the other side is just sooo stale. It's autistic. There is no nuance.

I appreciate that people put a lot of time into it to make ridiculous spinning multifeints, but it's just a bad combat system, especially considering the ping issue.

May 4, 2024
We used the term long before they made it to where you lost stamina from taking damage. IIRC, being hit interrupted your sprint, so you had to hit shift again causing you to lose stamina. This was a bug that they then claimed to be a feature.
Oh right. I forgot that it was the sprint break. My mistake.

Reactions: MolagAmur
Aug 17, 2024
of course the spinny boy would cope and defend his beloved spinny attacks otherwise his whole lifes work of grinding the spinny boy attack would go to waste... bro the combat is literal dogshit in this game and you acting like its fine is one of teh reasons why the devs dont try and change it or add to it.. u cant even hit leg shots or back shots in this game bc for whatever reason you can literally stand behind someone with them facing forward not even seeing your attack and if they happen to see or block in right direction they can block the attack magically and not even have to turn around an inch or u aim directly at their legs and they be hold their block pretty high an dstill manage to block that shit..
the only ones coping is you any your spinny boys who cheese every mechanic to your advantage buddy.. just bc you and the rest of the spinny boy crew do this doesnt mean everyone else has to or should do.. its actually embarrassing when i see a spinny boy in action and i get why you guys do it but holy fuck is that shit cringe af.

360TripleFeint

Sep 2, 2024
of course the spinny boy would cope and defend his beloved spinny attacks otherwise his whole lifes work of grinding the spinny boy attack would go to waste... bro the combat is literal dogshit in this game and you acting like its fine is one of teh reasons why the devs dont try and change it or add to it.. u cant even hit leg shots or back shots in this game bc for whatever reason you can literally stand behind someone with them facing forward not even seeing your attack and if they happen to see or block in right direction they can block the attack magically and not even have to turn around an inch or u aim directly at their legs and they be hold their block pretty high an dstill manage to block that shit..
the only ones coping is you any your spinny boys who cheese every mechanic to your advantage buddy.. just bc you and the rest of the spinny boy crew do this doesnt mean everyone else has to or should do.. its actually embarrassing when i see a spinny boy in action and i get why you guys do it but holy fuck is that shit cringe af.
Weird how many people actually manage to play like that and enjoy it. Honestly, this is just how the melee works in this game and it’s quite enjoyable if you’re willing to learn it. As I said in my post if you don’t want to learn it you can still have HUGE advantages with other builds.

Aug 17, 2024
Weird how many people actually manage to play like that and enjoy it. Honestly, this is just how the melee works in this game and it’s quite enjoyable if you’re willing to learn it. As I said in my post if you don’t want to learn it you can still have HUGE advantages with other builds.
bro if you and anyone else actually enjoy the spinny attacks your high af on copium and defo need to lay off that shit fr.. bro i literally just looked at your name rn LOL this aint COD 360 no scoping mfrs but you spinny guys are trying to turn it into that.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
bro if you and anyone else actually enjoy the spinny attacks your high af on copium and defo need to lay off that shit fr.. bro i literally just looked at your name rn LOL this aint COD 360 no scoping mfrs but you sinny guys are trying to turn it into that.
Ironically the reason it is the way it is, is because they tried to fix spinning. All they did was make things way worse with this ridiculous skill cap aka turn cap.

Before you could actually outplay someone. Now there are so many artificial delays and input lags and mouse decelerations that if you’re just trash enough to stay under these mechanics thresholds the game is for you

May 4, 2024
At this point I don't think SV has the technical skills capacity to remove spins and add this addrenaline system that they have been talking about for over two years now. How long does it take to add single features to the game? The lack of progress is just embarrassing at this point. I'm sure Chinese five year olds could develop software at a better pace.