The combat tutorial is far too superficial. I have added important text passages to the tutorials, that SV will hopefully add.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I have added important text passages to the Combat Tutorial.
I think the new players need to be taught how sophisticated the combat is. Important information are withheld from the new players.

rctuw55qgea4frzdqiqscwcimfz4ngfp558awa0.jpg

E_ZmXLFWQAMdXaj.jpg

22q7mxu4maq71.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Nefnate

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I've learned countless players how to fight and how the mechanics work and somehow I would hope that they would already bring some knowledge from the tutorial with them. Without these changes, many new players will consider the combat system to be Clunky. This is mainly due to the input errors when performing overhead attacks and thrust attacks as well as blocking overhead attacks and stabs while having to turn around.

We need alternative key assignments so that we can assign some actions to two different keys. Thrust Attack and Overhead Attack should definitely be be bount on [Side Mouse Buttom 1] and [Side Mouse Buttom 2] by default as an alternative key assignment. Alternatively, as some players do not have a mouse with thumb buttons.

On Default Overhead Attack is vound on V and Thrust Attack on Alt and Walk/Feint on CTRL. This are the worst possible assignments !
If you cancel the attack with CTRL you need to resprint, buy you can´t sprint and press CTRL at the same time ! V is way too far away from WASD !

Default Walk/Feint should be on Q,
Overhead on E and on Side Mouse Button 1
Thrust Attack on Alt and on Side Mouse Button 2
Iteract on F and last Spell on R !

Last edited: