The "AFK Kick" "issue" (INVALID AFK IKCKS)

Cur

Mar 15, 2022
Helo

I like fishing.

I like mining.

I enjoy having 3 monitors 1 for discord middle for the game and right for netflix and possibly chill.

I consistantly run into the issue when fishing of

WARNING YOU WILL BE KICKED FOR BEING AFK.

I have just spend 45mins setting up for this. i've gone to a remote as hell place. i've bought a alt with a horse and bags to hold the loot. at most i use a macro that is literally:

Key Up : VK_SUBTRACT Delay : 57 ms Delay : 812 ms Mouse Event : Left Down Delay : 396 ms Mouse Event : Left Up Delay : 1899 ms Delay : 138 ms Key Down : VK_MULTIPLY

So hold mouse 1 down for X seconds then relase. so thats only setting in stone a reliable cast depth. I still have to be there to respond to the tug, reel it in etc then tame it if its a tuddle as im there for tuddles, scales 2nd, food for tuddles 3rd i cancel all casts that arnt medium for that point.

I have not been able to get a CONCRETE answer from any GM or mod if the above macro is ok for its intended use - which is to simply get the same depth cast reliably as you cant set that in parameters it comes down to clicking and holding for the same period of time. you can macro the click down period. you're not afk for it as what use is a single click down macro? its only use is with fishing when you are there and attentive / using it for a reliable cast for cinsistant depth. but i still cant get any gm to tell me 100% if this is ok or if im breaking the rules. i have heard - its ok as long as you're not afk. this is a simple as hecking simon macro for the exact reasons specified it achieves nothing on its own unless used by me when fishing for a consistant cast when doing so.

ok i've strayed from the main topic outside of the above

when im fishing. im often encumbered by the loot i fish up - random fish which becomes turtle food. etc.

but we can all agree 90% of the time you fish you are standing in 1 spot, sometimes by force if encumbered

can the game please... pretty pretty please.... stop trying to kick me because im fishing?

If i am there and clicking and doing things just not physically moving in the game.... i am still there and doing things right?

So can it please stop kicking me like im not there and am intentionally afking when i am legitimately doing things in the game? please and thank you.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
If you are using a macro that allows you to do other things while it plays for you, then you are effectively afk. The kick function is working correctly.

You can semi afk in this game, not fully afk. Come back every 15 min and move around and you wont get kicked.

Cur

Mar 15, 2022
so can we address the #1 question of is the macro use ok. if not clarification on any and all macros is great. mine ive listed above. its a simple click and hold so i get just over 1 / 4 bar when casting every time so i hit the depth i want reliably.

#2 being afk kicks for doing the above. actively there fishing for 30+ mins im not afk. but the game thinks i am because i have not physically moved around at all in the game? um im definately here. im definately doing things consistantly. can we get the method changed so its not tied to physical movement alone? as there are several uh "forced stationary" things you employ us to do like when building and upgrading a house. fishing. chopping a tree for wood. mining a rock for ore. that you force us to stay in 1 spot not moving to achieve. if you're awake and there you know to move when the diminishing returns start or with fishing you have to respond to the individual tugs. i personally dodge everything but medium and heavy tugs as im there for the turtles / placoid scales.

but #1 and #2 being addressed would be great. #2 can probably be included in a future patch. #1 probably takes a lot more time and thought. as it includes a lot of things, tho i have made it very very easy by including the macro code and its intended use + why. it has no use on its own if run on repeat afk it achieves absolutely nothing but repeat cast the line. can we get something in concrete regarding macros and if they are allowed or not, and if yes what is acceptable as im running on yes as long as its not afk from previous information gatherered. but when attempting to contact robmo / other gm's listing the above code with its intended use i'm getting railroaded so to speak?

its probably a grey area. its been mentioned / touched over by some gm's but not direcly addressed so to speak i think?

can some clarification be given by chance?

Reactions: Rorry

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
the game has a problem with two extremes in behavior, these are mentally retarded griefers and smart-ass businessmen along with macro lovers. damn, catch them all and send them to a separate island, let them fuck each other there.

Cur

Mar 15, 2022
If you are using a macro that allows you to do other things while it plays for you, then you are effectively afk. The kick function is working correctly.

You can semi afk in this game, not fully afk. Come back every 15 min and move around and you wont get kicked.
Did you even read what i posted or the macro itself? All the macro does is left click for X seconds then release. Its only purpose at all ise in use with fishing for a consistant casting depth. its like you saw the word macro and came in here to auto post no without reading a word of what was said?
I'm talking about two issues. 1 being use of the macro. 2nd being kicked for being "afk" when im fishing in a remote area in a very hostile location im on a set platform ov little width. I'm there to fish up turtles or placoid. I'm there using the macro to cast the same depth every time and actively responding to the tugs / declining casts that arnt medium if its not medium its not a turtle or sand / silk ray its not what i want. so im standing there reeling in stuffs sometimes turtles which i tame. trading the sand / silk rays to an alt to butcher and hold the meat and scales but i'm hit with

WARNING YOU WILL BE KICKED BECAUSE YOU ARE AFK!

despite the fact im always doing somethingl fishing, reeling in, trading the alt. pucking my butthole when i reel in a turtle and i freeze so the alt with taming can nab it before it goes hostile and murders us both. its not fair the task i'm doing requires me to stand in 1 spot and im punished for doing so with an afk timer when im not afk / im constantly doing things as is proven by the tamed turtles i have or my alts loot in scales and flesh?

Cur

Mar 15, 2022
the game has a problem with two extremes in behavior, these are mentally retarded griefers and smart-ass businessmen along with macro lovers. damn, catch them all and send them to a separate island, let them fuck each other there.
Perhaps. But look at it from my particular point of view.

I understand that the current anti afk timer is based entirely on movement, therefor coded to skills that acquire xp over time that are purely movement based?

Thus if its tied to that cant they expand it to include things like xp from fishing? I understand how mining or wood cutting as an exemption would open a door for bots as thats purely walk up to a tree press a button and you can afk a reward over time. but fishing you need to respond to the tug. decide if its what you want (i don't take anything below medium heavy tugs as i want turtles and sand rays as example i'll walk / swim to cancel the cast if its smaller) but the radius im moving to do so doesnt cancel the afk timer its too small... but you cant catch or reel in a fish if you're not actively there to respond to the initial tug then yanks when reeling in if your afk. you will lose the line, hook and bait if your after heavy things like i am unless you are there and on the ball and responsive as heck to reel it in.

What about building a house? you're literally forced to stand there in 1 spot and build you cant move it cancels bulding. do it too long and bang you will be kicked for being afk.

I understand you have to dance a line between us and the people doing the bad things that you don't want. But with the current anti afk thing, i belive you could put in a lot more effort than you currently have. Fishing is the great example. Building a house is a unique one off occasion but still impacted and you should maybe have thought of it as well. i have no issues with it being employed against mining or wood gathering. but fishing? You have to be there actively to respond to everyhing if you want to reel in especially if you're only fishing heavy stuff. you cant afk that at all. yet im punished for not physically moving when on a very confined playform in an extremly hostile place under the current system.

And i still cant get clarification if a simple cast macro is ok let alone more information on macros in general if im trying my best to do the right thing. ive posted the code that shows its simply hold left click for x seconds then release so i get a consistant just over 1/4 circle cast every single time for where i'm fishing its a consistand depth. theres no repeat value. theres no interact value. its purely just to ensure a consistant cast of just over 1/4 of a circle when i throw the line. i have to press a button to make it happen, then i have to wait and respond as per normal to the rest as it threw the line for me im actively fishing from that point on.

here's the code again for what i'm using and what im specifically asking:

Key Up : VK_SUBTRACT
Delay : 57 ms
Delay : 812 ms
Mouse Event : Left Down
Delay : 396 ms
Mouse Event : Left Up
Delay : 1899 ms
Delay : 138 ms
Key Down : VK_MULTIPLY

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Using macros isn't an offence in itself as long as it doesn't allow you to cheat or exploit (macro that moves your cursor for example). Many people use training macros, or pet macros, etc.

Standing still for prolonged amounts of time is not allowed, be it in the middle of town, the middle of the ocean, or on a small ledge over a pond in very hostile territory.

The afk time is simple but effective, and while it is annoying at times, its absolutely necessary in a single server game that cant handle more than a few thousand players at one time.

Simple solution. Fish in a different spot where you can move from time to time.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
We'r dealing with the laziest method of detecting a player being AFK, if a person moved or not, that's also notoriously prone to false positives. It's the same issue as if you're training magery, you get AFK notifications there even when casting.

And all you dudes go off on a guy for just trying to not get carpal tunnel.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I would ban you for that macro, but it's not an AFK issue lol, the AFK thing is dumb esp after they let people be on the game 24 7 or like hundreds of hours in a row in the 1st 2 weeks.

But I can get afk just doing broker or cooking sometimes. lol. Crushing ore, augh.

Also lol at I like to chill and fish, I even bring my alt to hold the loot. Superchill. I don't think AFK/half-afk fishing is good for this game. Let mining be that. I think fishing should be harder to the point of not being macro-able and give a lot better loot. lol. Dur, make it be like a fish is hard to catch but it gives multiple stacks.

Edit: I don't wanna get carpal tunnel, and my macros are like... gather... r...r..... Self cast macro... v v v v. Not like MOUSE MACRO. I've never made any mouse macros. That's a bit too much, I think. I could make a macro that mined along a row if that was allowed, right? I could just have it mine for the optimal amount of time, move over a little, mine for the optimal amount of time, and if it ever got sidetracked, I could be there to realign it.

There needs to be sweat equity in this game, but I don't agree with fishing being one of the grinds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melhisedek