TC suggestion NPC with gold

Princey

May 30, 2020
London
www.instagram.com
I never liked the idea of people being able to place down a NPC and farm nearby animals in relative safety and exchange easy for gold.

I personally would like players have to stock their own gold on the vendors for trades to happen. So players can sell to the NPCS and players who own the NPC can take that material and sell it to town or even set their own prices for items they buy and sell.

Stuff required on vendors currently like equipment vendor and other vendors should be craftable ingame like arrows.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I feel like that largely defeats the purpose and would result in limited to no usage of traders at player owned hotspots. I think a cool alternative might be that traders generate gold and resources over time based on the farming happening in the nearby area, and this gold can either be traded for or raided, with raiding being like a 5 minute action that pauses gold and resource generation from that trader for the next hour.

Far from creating "safety" this encourages farmers to actively fight to defend their area, and raiders to hit their points of interest.

Then you simply make if so traders can't be placed within structures other than possibly a simple palisade that takes 2-5 minutes to smash with melee weapons. Like you could tie them to a stronghold or something but they would have to be placed outside.

One of the great failings of MO2 is that it has nothing like town taxes and rare ore mines in Darkfall that create a profitable way to go out and just attack your enemy's assets. Those types of things are hugely important in encouraging PvP with greater purpose than camping a graveyard or whatever.

Last edited: