TC Feedback - Supply Tower Feedback: I dont like the idea to not be able to expand the territory without sieging buildings !

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The supply towers are a mechanic to increase the defencives of your stronghold or keep, but they nut fulfill their purpose to trigger a large battle every 1-2 h as they should and i think this is a problem !

For me TC does not have enough content and feels rushed.
SV could do so much more with it and this is why i want to give some important feedback as a long time MO Player that also played the first game for a couple of years.

I would like to see supply towers and controll towers as in MO1 or controll camps !
We need to be able to properly fight for territory and this every few hours ! It is a horrible mechanic that we need to siege buildings to expand the territory. The territories controlled by a guild hardly change at all with that mechanic,
once the territories have been divided.

The control towers in MO1 had some problems,
but served a certain purposes that were very important.

These could be built in unreachable places, were too squishy and were often destroyed before the army could move in to defend. There was a global message when one of these control towers was attacked. E.g. Koto Control tower in Spider Valley is under attack. This was good because many players ran there and a battle ensued, but unfortunately this message only appeared once and not every time the tower took 1% damage. This resulted in some idiots only hitting the tower once to trigger the message and then riding on. That wasted the time of the defenders who came for no reason.

The supply tower mechanics are good, but not without the addition of control towers that handle other important things without which TC feels unfinished.

I would rather wait another 3-4 months than get an unfinished TC patch. TC needs to trigger PVP conflicts every few hours.

In addition, the mechanics behind the supply towers should be improved.

We need a mechanic that makes our kingdom more attractive than the other kingdoms and a territory control system that leads to an eternal fight for the inhabitants who would be willing to pay higher taxes if a territory is particularly interesting (buffs). I write about all of this in the post linked above.

"Feedback/Discussion regarding the latest stream about TC Towers and how they work. I think it needs two different systems. TC Tower and Faction tower."

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Hope a lot of MO1 verterans give some feedback ! i loved the mechanic to be able to connect controll towers to be able to capture a town and spend the points generated from the controlltowers on different things. I can understand why some players are against Blacklisting and turning off the guards, since this got abused, but i would love to get a share of the taxes paid out of the broker.
This prompts the guilds to defend their city from griefers, so that trade can thrive.
The ability to disable guards could be nerfed compared to MO1. That everyone gets a message, then the guards are deactivated for 20 minutes after a period of 5 minutes. Due to the time limit, which would cost points each time, the city would not be lawless forever. Blacklisting might not happen instantaneously, giving the player a time limit in which to evacuate their assets, or a bribery mechanic could be implemented, allowing a blacklisted player to enter the city for 20 minutes to evacuate their assets.

While some players didn't like the mechanics, when tyrants ruled a city, it made players want to band together and destroy the towers. This has led to PVP conflicts.

I think it's pretty stupid to completely remove a mechanic from the game instead of improving it just because it was abused in its former form.
Some of the mechanics from MO1 were great, just not great. Small changes can prevent this, as I mentioned above.

I hope that the developers just didn't have the time to implement some of the mechanics and that they will be delivered in an improved form.

Last edited:

Piet

May 28, 2020
I don't think that'll really be the case. No one is going to just fight over supply towers for no reason other than just easy fights but from the sounds of it you don't need to hold these just hold them long enough to level up then you can let them go. The leveling is what expands your territory and it will stop when it touches others territory. To expand you'll need to siege others but I don't think that'll be the main fight. I think the main fight will be having territory. The keeps being limited is what caused the real fights and them being useful. If they make them useful again with taxing everyone in the territory then the weaklings holding the keeps atm will not be holding them anymore and everyone will fight over them.

That said I do foresee an issue. If all the territories are pushed up against each other and only stopped by the other territories what happens when a siege is successful? in the time it takes to build the new keep the other territories encroach on yours? So you build a keep and have barely any territory? We'll see how it works I guess.