TAXES

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
Why in gods eart cant we set our own taxes? For selling oods as a markup tax and land taxes.
People would pay a good price for certain goods down in the jungel even if it is only vendor stuff. Arrows and mage reagents are worth good price on sunken island.
Even 100% markup and more is doable.
Its only natural Price developement. You wanted a sandbox henrik. Letting prices control themselfes is a sandbox. Not what we have now. Nobody uses the system. Its not worth it, even with the new recent changes. I can make much more just hunting some animals then doing supply runs.

An for land taxes? You said its a problem that upkeeps would change and people come back to decayed houses, right? So then why not give a month grace period. If you change taxes it needs a few weeks to become active. And all house owners in the territory will get notified that taxes will change in a few weeks to prepare.

I honestly cant believe that you are incompetent enough to not have thought of such easy and simple solutions, which would bring trading cities and posts finally to life.
You are refusing to do which makes many PvP Sandboxes interesting Places to be in.(Eve, Albion and many others)
I can only assume that your Spaghetti code does not allow you to implement such systems,

But this game needs something like that, and rather sooner then later, best with player made vendors and goods.
The game is dieing of pretty quick and no amount of marketing will change that. Real sandbox qualities on the other hand will.

Every change to the game feels like childs steps. No risk and no impact involved.
Sometimes changes will upset some players, but it doesnt make any sense if changes do not bring a game and the interactions betweeen its player to life.

Reactions: grendel

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
I would love to set taxes for things but since its not a feature I just collect Goblin Tax instead.