Taming quirks

a.out

May 28, 2020
Some pets only show the "Press R to tame" thing for a very brief fraction of a second - Wisents, Wolves and Black Bears for example. Impossible to start taming on those. Apparently some animals have to be beaten into mercy mode in order to be tamed.

If you hit your own pet, you go grey. This is extremely annoying as not only can you not butcher your own cattle, you also cannot defend your Horse from griefers without risking going grey by accidentally hitting your own blue blocking pet.

Pets get stuck forever on nodelines.

Git gud, SV :D

Last edited:

SoftHater

Mar 16, 2021
Hot place full of hate.
Some pets only show the "Press R to tame" thing for a very brief fraction of a second - Wisents and Black Bears for example. Impossible to start taming on those.

If you hit your own pet, you go grey. This is extremely annoying as not only can you not butcher your own cattle, you also cannot defend your Horse from griefers without risking going grey by accidentally hitting your own blue blocking pet.

Git gud, SV :D
Hey you, show some respect!
You are talking to 10 plus years of experience here :unsure:.

Jokes apart, they received this early unexpected boost of popularity thanks to youtubers and streamers.
They are just putting together more things they can with packaging tape, just to show something.
All things that aren't even on 30% of completion and without QA.
Ya know when you wake up late on the very starting trip day half hour before having to leave.

Last edited:

a.out

May 28, 2020
The reason why my post looks like it looks is I have been witnessing SV practices for about 10 years now. I am really impressed by the things they have done in that short amount of time in MO2. I was laughing at henriks announcement 3 years ago, yet here we are. I truly am astonished.

BUT

This patch and the very short timeframe till the stress test is a regression into old SV habits. It's full of unfinished half arsed features that will not make a good impression at all, and with the worst timing imaginable. Streamers and Youtubers I'd never have thought would ever even remotely consider checking out something like MO are talking about this game. From my perspective it looks like a disaster waiting to happen. I hope I'm wrong.

SoftHater

Mar 16, 2021
Hot place full of hate.
The reason why my post looks like it looks is I have been witnessing SV practices for about 10 years now. I am really impressed by the things they have done in that short amount of time in MO2. I was laughing at henriks announcement 3 years ago, yet here we are. I truly am astonished.

BUT

This patch and the very short timeframe till the stress test is a regression into old SV habits. It's full of unfinished half arsed features that will not make a good impression at all, and with the worst timing imaginable. Streamers and Youtubers I'd never have thought would ever even remotely consider checking out something like MO are talking about this game. From my perspective it looks like a disaster waiting to happen. I hope I'm wrong.
^
This is basically every project manager working attitude i ever experienced.
I too hoped for SV being at their 2nd project doing things different, but hey everywhere i look things works the same way ...

a.out

May 28, 2020
Nodelines are still a big problem, even more so than in MO1.

a.out

May 28, 2020
Wolves can not be tamed either. There is no "press [use key] to start". It's a very frustrating process to find out these things.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Some animals you need to beat into mercy mode to be able to tame, from our experience. Wolves, bears etc.

This is probably to tone down on the naked solo tamer stuff.

Reactions: a.out

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
You're welcome

It is weird that it is not readily described in-game. We just found out by pure chance, because we figured we'd knock em into mercy mode anyway to tame them so we never really realized that you couldnt tame aggressive animals while they are attacking you. Lower risk that way anyway, since if you fail too much you can just kill the animal if you risk dying.

Reactions: SoftHater

SoftHater

Mar 16, 2021
Hot place full of hate.
You're welcome

It is weird that it is not readily described in-game. We just found out by pure chance, because we figured we'd knock em into mercy mode anyway to tame them so we never really realized that you couldnt tame aggressive animals while they are attacking you. Lower risk that way anyway, since if you fail too much you can just kill the animal if you risk dying.
No no no no, do not make up excuses.
Tell the truth you filthy Pokémon player! You went full "Gotta catch em all!" on them.