Tamed Pets

Chrispyz

Jan 7, 2022
New player here... I left Bakti today and tamed a couple of horses (hooray, a first!).

To my surprise, when I get back to the stables they are gone! *Poof*. Odd.

They show up on my stable menu, but the pets aren't anywhere near me.

After some discussion with friends, I learned there is something called 'node lines' that pets cant cross? Seems like a showstopping bug for the go-live 14 days away, no?

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

CPZ

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Nodelines will not stop SV. It didnt stop MO1 for the last 10 years.

all kidding aside. Its a big issue that has to be fixed yea. Unacceptable to lose pets on nodelines. Unacceptable to be dismounted by nodelines. Unacceptable to have all the many other nodelines issues. But yea, nodelines have been a thing for a long time in MO.

Chrispyz

Jan 7, 2022
Understood.

Bummer! I know ppl who are going to come and try this for release... bugs like this one will just kill the game for them.

Ajido

Nov 26, 2020
So I guess the recent patch didn't really do much to fix it? Also, what does a player do in that situation? As OP said they're still showing up in the stable menu, is there any way to recover them or do you just abandon to clear up the slot?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
You can try and put a ticket in and see if a GM gives you back your pets. However thats quite unlikely as response time is wildly inconsistent.

you can try and relog and see if your pets show up. This is also quite unlikely to work as pets too far from you dont get logged out.

otherwise they are pretty much gone and you might as well abandon them.

Reactions: Ajido

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
This is SV's way of balancing pets make them so miserable to obtain that most players won't bother.

Pepecovfefe

Jan 5, 2022
this should really be fixed before the game goes retail..... Im all for what this game has to offer, but im a bit hesitant to support the 15 bucks a month if things like this is not fixed. How common are these nodelines? what exactly is a nodeline and how far out must we travel before we come in contact with one?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
this should really be fixed before the game goes retail..... Im all for what this game has to offer, but im a bit hesitant to support the 15 bucks a month if things like this is not fixed. How common are these nodelines? what exactly is a nodeline and how far out must we travel before we come in contact with one?
Node lines are the seams in the mesh’s geometry of the game. The map is made up of tiles, and where they join together you get a seam (node line). Each tile is run by a different server and the nodeline switches you from one server to the other (ideally seamlessly, but in MO it varies wildly from spot to spot).
They are quite common throughout the map and some spots even have multiple node lines meeting. sometimes you can see them from the right angle. You can definitely tell by the performance drop of your computer when you go over one. Also all sorts of glitches happen on them, like for example suddenly losing your horse that you are riding, and then getting it back a few seconds later.

in MO1 the locations of the bad node lines were widely known, and people just avoided them at all costs.

i know someone had made a node line map of MO1 but not sure if there is one for Mo2.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Nodelines will not stop SV. It didnt stop MO1 for the last 10 years.

all kidding aside. Its a big issue that has to be fixed yea. Unacceptable to lose pets on nodelines. Unacceptable to be dismounted by nodelines. Unacceptable to have all the many other nodelines issues. But yea, nodelines have been a thing for a long time in MO.

man in MO1 I had pets arriving minutes after me. It was so much better. But that bakti node line is a bitch. If you go back toward the rocks, you will prol find your pet and other people's pets, maybe abandoned, stuck there. Just run toward the rocks and you will see your pet appear in the distance and run toward you. You might have to do it a few times, but you will get it. SUCKS but that's the best you can do. That's why like I said... 10g for a mount 5g for the mount and 5g for the grief of bringing it back.

Edit: that's assuming you are coming from the jungle and the rocks are on the road by a sign. If you're coming from N outward, there are many places they can be stuck

Last edited: