Tamed bears are a predecessor of Death Knights

ixxxo

Mar 27, 2021
This actually was not discussion meant to balance the pets. It's discussion about what essential features need to get inplemented before beastmastery is even worth trying (currently it's huge time sink and it's very easy to lose the pet).

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
This actually was not discussion meant to balance the pets. It's discussion about what essential features need to get inplemented before beastmastery is even worth trying (currently it's huge time sink and it's very easy to lose the pet).

You're actually in the wrong topic. Your topic was about features, this one is about how OP the OP thinks pets are.

Reactions: ixxxo

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I really hope pets eventually get a ton of added complexity beyond set and forget. Big things I would like to see:

1. "Go there" command. Where a pet moves to where you are aiming on the ground. This allows for positioning and commanding pets to be a much larger part of beastmaster play.

2. Pet passives that increase the tactical depth of certain pets. For instance, wolves getting "pack hunter" which increases melee damage on targets they have recently attacked. Spiders having high armor and low health making them strong against archer but weak against mages etc.

3. Activated abilities needed to make a pet properly pop off. Charge attacks for boars. Rake attacks that apply a bleed debuff for cougars. Etc.

4. Animism playing an important role in buffing/supporting tamed and dominated pets.

I am not saying these things should be four bonuses stacked ontop of already powerful set-and-forget pets. I'd hope they would make set-and-forget pets bad actually, but then bring them back up into a powerful state of you use these factors to complement your group composition and play smart.

Reactions: Kelzyr

SirFanta

May 4, 2021
Theres not a single sane person that will argue that Death Knights werent brokenly over powered in MO1. The fact we are already seeing max level bears being as strong as they are, being controlled by a single person is setting the predecent to bring back the DK's as they were.

A person should not be able to tame an NPC and have it do all the fighting for them with a press of a single button. The same as a person shouldnt be able to control some retarded raidboss monster that takes a group to kill and hits like an elite guard, LITERALLY STRONGER THAN LICTORS.

Tamed pets need to get balanced and nerfed hard so they dont replace ACTUAL PLAYERS.
Yeah? Tell it to the mounted archers.

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
No matter if they are strong or not at the moment i think combat pets just do not fit into the MO world and should be removed. If its gonna be anything like in MO1 then there will be plenty of broken OP pets waiting for us.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I really hope pets eventually get a ton of added complexity beyond set and forget. Big things I would like to see:

1. "Go there" command. Where a pet moves to where you are aiming on the ground. This allows for positioning and commanding pets to be a much larger part of beastmaster play.

2. Pet passives that increase the tactical depth of certain pets. For instance, wolves getting "pack hunter" which increases melee damage on targets they have recently attacked. Spiders having high armor and low health making them strong against archer but weak against mages etc.

3. Activated abilities needed to make a pet properly pop off. Charge attacks for boars. Rake attacks that apply a bleed debuff for cougars. Etc.

4. Animism playing an important role in buffing/supporting tamed and dominated pets.

I am not saying these things should be four bonuses stacked ontop of already powerful set-and-forget pets. I'd hope they would make set-and-forget pets bad actually, but then bring them back up into a powerful state of you use these factors to complement your group composition and play smart.

I was discussing with one of my guildmates who thought it would be cool to posses your pet as an animist. A bit of a pipe dream but a cool idea imo

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I was discussing with one of my guildmates who thought it would be cool to posses your pet as an animist. A bit of a pipe dream but a cool idea imo

This is secondhand information so take it with a grain of salt. But I have heard animism will likely include the ability to take an animal form. This would be really sweet IMO is it would make mage/tamers with animism very close to a Dungeons and Dragons druid where you have a pet and the ability to take the form of an animal. If they expanded this to include the ability to cast animism spells while still in animal form I imagine it would play VERY closely to the D&D druid role. Which have never been done properly in any MMO except DDO that I've played at least.

Reactions: ixxxo and Kelzyr

SophusVir

May 2, 2021
If you think tamed bears or any pet so far is strong. You've not fought a tamer lol. First off you gotta go find the animal which is often far away. when you tame it the animal becomes so slow that even on foot you will often out pace the animal and it will not defend itself nor attack anything without direct command and even then it will only kill what you tell it to IF it can kill it, a full grown 80+ black bear can die to 3 bandits on haven fairly easily and magic is the only way to heal it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LivingshadeNL

ixxxo

Mar 27, 2021
a full grown 80+ black bear can die to 3 bandits on haven fairly easily

I wish it was like this, post yesterday crash I tamed brown bear, that looked normal, said it was 125 (also HP and PPs were like it's max level) and was losing 1v1 with regular bandit even with my lesser heals. Yeah, it was possibly bugged (hitting for 11 only), but still, it was at least regular (51+) accroding name and visuals.

Last edited:

SophusVir

May 2, 2021
I wish it was like this, post yesterday patch I tamed brown bear, that looked normal, said it was 125 (also HP and PPs were like it's max level) and was losing 1v1 with regular bandit even with my lesser heals. Yeah, it was possibly bugged (hitting for 11 only), but still, it was at least regular (51+) accroding name and visuals.
You must have been bugged then or the brown bear is weaker than the black bear. You must tell the bear who to kill or it will just stand there and die after it kills the one it was told to kill. My black bear is level 89 with 347hp and just barely over half its max level. I can put it against a number of haven bandits and as long as I cast normal heals on it, it can take them on.

ixxxo

Mar 27, 2021
You must have been bugged then or the brown bear is weaker than the black bear. You must tell the bear who to kill or it will just stand there and die after it kills the one it was told to kill. My black bear is level 89 with 347hp and just barely over half its max level. I can put it against a number of haven bandits and as long as I cast normal heals on it, it can take them on.
yeah, but haven bandits are (significantly?) easier, I didn't have much success with 87 black bear compared to Nave bandits either (could 1v1 with heals at best).

Grack

Aug 28, 2020
I think is getting very popular here asking for nerfs/buffs for stuff that is not even 10% implemented on the game.

Beast mastery and tamer/dominator build is lacking half of its skills and we only have like what 10% of mobs in the game?

People trigger quickly the nerf hammer when in order to tame and train a bear to lvl 125 you have to spend a lot of time and it stills get chopped quickly in any decent team fight.
Exactly. Everybody has the right to complain or give their opinion though. The thing that makes the most sense should shine through healthy discussion I think.

There will always be those that hate pets because it's a cheap way to win a fight because you didn't have to do more than hit 1 hotkey to get a kill, regardless of time invested. I don't mind pets as long as they are unable to 1-2 shot people or AoE unless it's a very small AoE.
Yeah I understand where they're coming from but its a MMO not a MORDHAU or chivalry and if that's what people want they should go play that. I think people need a meele version of escape from tarkov :D

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
If you think tamed bears or any pet so far is strong. You've not fought a tamer lol. First off you gotta go find the animal which is often far away. when you tame it the animal becomes so slow that even on foot you will often out pace the animal and it will not defend itself nor attack anything without direct command and even then it will only kill what you tell it to IF it can kill it, a full grown 80+ black bear can die to 3 bandits on haven fairly easily and magic is the only way to heal it.

OP is so far from reality I even doubt he plays the game lmao, asking for bear nerfs, really? they are a joke and now with the AI parrying fixed and AI attack speed reduced it's even easier to kill a bear.

Also the amount of effort you need to invest to get a 125 brown bear that doesnt actually get griefed on the town is not worth when you manage to use it in a battle and die to 4 arrows.

Maybe OP should stop being naked all the time on Fabernum and go tame a bear and train it and use it in a combat to really understand what he is talking about.

Reactions: LivingshadeNL

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
bears arent that strong anymore, but eventually pets are going to be very oppressive in small scale pvp.