Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Nerfed

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Its fine as is

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
For transparency, I'm not currently playing the game, but I was during beta when they were first adding the clades and I remember reading about Tactician and tried my hardest to make people and Star Vault understand how stupid it was. I think a lot of people brushed it off and figured it wouldn't be a big deal...but here we are 2 years later and its still there at the top of the meta. To begin with, friendly fire has been in Mortal since the beginning, and for good reason. Its there to prevent blob AoE PvP or mindless swinging without worry of who you hit. It is a level of skill you need in group fights to not be doing damage to your teammates...obviously accidental friendly fire happens in every fight.

However, with tactician you can just be a gub-gub and throw spells out willy nilly when your team has the advantage and it quickly turns into a snowball. Its honestly cringe to watch and I hate that its even in the game. I think it should be removed entirely and replaced.

50% damage reduction to and from teammates? Thats crazy...

That on top of the anti-blue block mechanic has really lowered the skill requirement in this game.

Last edited:

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
For transparency, I'm not currently playing the game, but I was during beta when they were first adding the clades and I remember reading about Tactician and tried my hardest to make people and Star Vault understand how stupid it was. I think a lot of people brushed it off and figured it wouldn't be a big deal...but here we are 2 years later and its still there at the top of the meta. To begin with, friendly fire has been in Mortal since the beginning, and for good reason. Its there to prevent blob AoE PvP or mindless swinging without worry of who you hit. It is a level of skill you need in group fights to not be doing damage to your teammates...obviously accidental friendly fire happens in every fight.

However, with tactician you can just be a gub-gub and throw spells out willy nilly when your team has the advantage and it quickly turns into a snowball. Its honestly cringe to watch and I hate that its even in the game. I think it should be removed entirely and replaced.

50% damage reduction to and from teammates? That had to be Henriks idea...

That on top of the anti-blue block mechanic has really lowered the skill requirement in this game.
It's sad they cannot fathom anything else that would give humans an identity outside of tactician. If they nerf it, they nerf the best clade humans get.

Iloros

Dec 14, 2023
Just buff humans overall and remove tactician or at least nerf it. Been saying this for a looong time.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
You know that a poll is not really great if there are only two options that basically both say I agree, right? :D

Not saying that I disagree on this topic...

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
removed and replaced 100%, its so sad though that the only reason human is picked is to be a tindremic platemage who spams elementalism though.

all of the human subraces should get reworked stat caps if tactician was to be fully scrapped, no one plays non tindremene mage builds because they just arent worth it over either alvarin or oghmir.

Reactions: Gnidex

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
removed and replaced 100%, its so sad though that the only reason human is picked is to be a tindremic platemage who spams elementalism though.

all of the human subraces should get reworked stat caps if tactician was to be fully scrapped, no one plays non tindremene mage builds because they just arent worth it over either alvarin or oghmir.
But they are incapable of providing an edge to humans in terms of hybrid gameplay like faster unsheathing (too hard to implement according to Henrik lmao). So tactician stays.