Suggestion: ingame gamma slider or real darkness

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
the fact that you "have to" adjust the gamma in your GPU driver depending on daytime like in MO1 is also unfair to players who dont adjust either they want the game how its ment to be or they are too lazy.

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
XD u are not suppose to adjust gamma mate, that is whole point of night so stop gamma crutching like tarkov

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
XD u are not suppose to adjust gamma mate, that is whole point of night so stop gamma crutching like tarkov
you see there are always the guys who dont but they will have an heavy disadvantage and increasing your gamma is not forbidden.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
just have a toggle for 'relistic' night which is dark and unplayable and for a non 'realistic' night that simply turns a shade of blue or whatever so the rest of us can just play without having to mess with graphics card settings

or do something unique and interesting to allow for a way for players to 'hide' at night like in a stealth game. change it so players do not draw in unless a certain amount of light is on them, either from a torch or from other light sources, or they are within a rather close proximity, allowing players to use night or caves for true stealth with no chance of gamma adjustment having an effect. stealth transports would be a thing as well as nighttime ambushes. it would make night interesting rather than simply a nuisance

-barcode

Reactions: Agead_Drem

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
just have a toggle for 'relistic' night which is dark and unplayable and for a non 'realistic' night that simply turns a shade of blue or whatever so the rest of us can just play without having to mess with graphics card settings

or do something unique and interesting to allow for a way for players to 'hide' at night like in a stealth game. change it so players do not draw in unless a certain amount of light is on them, either from a torch or from other light sources, or they are within a rather close proximity, allowing players to use night or caves for true stealth with no chance of gamma adjustment having an effect. stealth transports would be a thing as well as nighttime ambushes. it would make night interesting rather than simply a nuisance

-barcode
mate are you DAFT? whole point of night is to be so dark you can ambush having toggle makes no sense because people will just always have it off so they wont be ambushed game needs to only have it on

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
I´ve heard that there are ways to make it impossible to up the gamma in a game. Maybe that was in ARMA?

Anyway I prefer that to different settings and blue nights.
i dont know that this is possible, but if it were then its not particularly fair to those who *have* to change their gamma settings to be able to play a game due to lighting conditions in their room or issues with their monitor etc.

the game needs to be playable at night without giving any tangible advantage to those who change their gamma settings. It wont be realistic, no, but otherwise you're essentially forcing those who dont know how or dont want to adjust their gamma to log off and stop playing.

-barcode

Anachroniser

Aug 9, 2020
My problem is that I got a giant ass window next to me and my room is rather bright as a result, when playing at night irl I can see fine during the in game night. When its irl day and in game night I can't see shit.