Suggestion - Change equipment hits to deal stamina damage

Would you like to see equipment hits deal stamina damage instead?

• Yes, all equipment hits.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Yes, but for shields only.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Currently hitting someones shield or weapon will deal health damage.

I suggest a change to make equipment hits (to your shield at least) deal stamina damage instead.

It doesn't make any logical sense to be able to literally kill someone by hitting their weapon or shield, but it makes perfect sense for hits to a shield to drain stamina instead, as you will tire from bracing against the impact and transferred force.

Blunt weapons like maces deal the most equipment damage at the moment, which transfers perfectly to maces dealing more stamina damage.

Apart from making more sense, this has some pretty nice gameplay implications as well because shields will become even more useful and potentially making one handed weapons like swords a real consideration, unlike in MO1 where you only ever used one with a spear or dagger.

I believe this would be a step in the right direction to maintaining a logical game world, what are your thoughts?

If you vote on the poll, please post a comment describing the reasoning behind your vote.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I'm not quite sure what's more deathly in teamfights: loosing life or stamming out...
Usually people loose all their stamina before they die. At least in heavier armors...

So I'm not 100% sure this is actually a buff or a nerf to shields. Basically by draining stamina you reduce their potential damage output and their kite possibilities.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I'm not quite sure what's more deathly in teamfights: loosing life or stamming out...
Usually people loose all their stamina before they die. At least in heavier armors...

So I'm not 100% sure this is actually a buff or a nerf to shields. Basically by draining stamina you reduce their potential damage output and their kite possibilities.
While I am aware that usually people die from running out of stamina in group fights, you would have to be hit basically twice as many times in order to stam out from equipment hits than it would take to actually kill you with them currently. Also keep in mind that stamina regenerates very quickly while standing still, and health doesn't.

Remember that equipment hits only happen when the weapon or shield is hit when not parrying or blocking, so a defensive player who is on top of his parries will not take any stamina damage from the hits.