Suggestion - Change blocking damage to stamina damage

Valoran

May 28, 2020
MATE IF IT BOUNCE THEN THERE IS SO MUCH FORCE THEN SO IT WILL HURT
Muscle strain from transferred force would translate directly to stamina drain, not health damage which we can think of as essentially blood loss or actually being damaged.

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
The reason why I don't agree with having both is due to the illogical nature of taking damage from someone hitting your equipment.

The game can be re-balanced in a way that makes this change really good for gameplay, whilst maintaining a believable system which we currently don't have.

It's a win-win.
more like lose lose you must have never done any martial art or swordfight IRL to not know how painful it can be to try and block an attack poorly instead of a parry

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
Muscle strain from transferred force would translate directly to stamina drain, not health damage which we can think of as essentially blood loss or actually being damaged.
WHAT? what are you SMOKING mate i want some of that strong shit muscle STRAIN is PAIN how does ripping your muscle fibers mean you get more tired???

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Lots of swings that deal 30ish damage would decapitate any human. I think the whole realism debate is misplaced in this context. Consider the amount of abstraction in MO2 either system would be fine.

I think it should be thrown on the server and tested.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I'm not sure what you mean?

This will not change being able to hit someone in the back at all.
Yeah but stam damage in a duel is negligible, it will be pretty much like 360 blocking, but worse since you can just hold blocks for 0 damage too.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
Lots of swings that deal 30ish damage would decapitate any human. I think the whole realism debate is misplaced in this context. Consider the amount of abstraction in MO2 either system would be fine.

This nails it

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020

That is ABSOLUTELY 100% not true mate, lots of swings that hit 30s on STEEL HELMETS would NEVER kill someone, have you seen those medieval knight armours? people can spend hours hitting eachother with swords but never doing any damage because armor was so OP back then

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
That is ABSOLUTELY 100% not true mate, lots of swings that hit 30s on STEEL HELMETS would NEVER kill someone, have you seen those medieval knight armours? people can spend hours hitting eachother with swords but never doing any damage because armor was so OP back then

Looking at MO2s helmet there are lots of weaknesses. Lots of the swings and stab go right through those. Those would certainly kill and sometimes decapitate.

In real armor most of those weaknesses wouldn´t exist because people who could afford that armor liked to live. MO2 armors are cool and authentic looking, but not realistic.

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
Looking at MO2s helmet there are lots of weaknesses. Lots of the swings and stab go right through those. Those would certainly kill and sometimes decapitate.

In real armor most of those weaknesses wouldn´t exist because people who could afford that armor liked to live. MO2 armors are cool and authentic looking, but not realistic.
have you seen the dragonborn helmet yet? SUPER COVERED except EYESLOTS and most time people slash at your head not the face so still should not kill maybe ring in the ears a little. Only the super dogshit helmets like the legion one that exposes the neck can be a one tap