Stop Adding More Action Points

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
Most people don't think outside of themselves.. They go "Ooo more action points for MY build! Thank you!". That is the limit of their thinking. This is why you have to ignore most people when they have their take on something. They just want what benefits them personally in their narrow self-oriented world view. They're not looking at the bigger picture ramifications.

What they don't see is that this supposed attempt to fix pets with the beast mastery changes is rendered USELESS if you just give people a free 60 action points with your veteran system.

You've given them enough points to get those builds to a functional level.. Sooo.. You haven't fixed pets at all.

I honestly don't understand why this is not obvious. Is there no communication on the team?? How is this getting through unnoticed?

Do you want a game of mounted archer mage tamers who can also melee and wear heavy armor? Is that the game you want? That is where we're heading.

The game, if anything, needs a REDUCTION in action points to counteract the over hybridization that is currently one of the biggest issues with the game. Now, i know people will cry too much if they did that, so all i ask is that you don't add anymore and make a bad problem even worse.

What you SHOULD be doing, is incentivizing people to 100 out a skill, so they have to commit to some kind of core class, allowing the leftover points to provide minor non-core additions to their build. If they want to be a hybrid, it should come with a real cost. Right now, it is just too easy to get everything to a functional level, ESPECIALLY when some skills don't translate to hard damage or defense.

You really need to put a significant buff for those who 100 a skill so we don't have a game of dabblers who can do everything well enough.. Make people commit to a core role with MINOR hybrid elements. If they want to be a hybrid at the core? Fine, but let it come at a real disadvantage, so it doesn't just amount to people being two classes simultaneously, which is what you have currently.

Put in a mastery system so that those who do focus on perfecting a skill are actually rewarded FAIRLY. Please STOP adding action points where it is already causing obvious issues with your game.

To those that argue "the game has no classes!". It does. Allow me to explain.

It has four main means of causing damage. Either you're magic, you're melee, you're archery, or you're using a pet. Some would try to lump in archery with melee, so in that case, you could argue this is player physical damage (personally i disagree and see it as a separate thing, but i digress).

You have two core ways of defending yourself or your team directly. You're either healing and/or you're in armor. Some would argue healing is "support", but if you actually look at what it amounts to, it is defense. It is prevention of death by removing damage dealt. Now you have magic healing and bandage/potion healing.

Armor users come with a mana regen penalty, which leans more towards bandages or potions with armor users. So here again, we see a kind of class forming with the limitations and synergies in the defense types. Armor and magic healing can be used together, but it comes at a cost that makes it probably more disadvantageous (in terms of defense) than just using a bandage or a potion.

Lastly, does your build work from a mount?

Then everything else is kind of.. Side fluff, like say, survival etc.. Non-essential with minor alterations to the overall playstyle.

Broadly speaking, what defines your core class is this :

-Damage type

-Defense type

-Mount functionality

A hybrid therefore, is something that has crossover WITHIN the same type.

So you can do magic to heal, but you also wear heavy armor. Or you use magic as a damage type, but also have a pet. Or magic and melee. You get the idea.

This is what defines a hybrid.

I've said this in another thread, but this hybrid issue also indicates the main issue with pets. They've almost designed them to kind of.. Work alongside another damage type, when as powerful as they are, they should be the only real source of damage from a player. Pet users should essentially be puppeteers, where all of their core damage comes from instructing their pet; unless it is some junk pet like a weak zombie, obviously i'm not talking about that.

So yes, there are classes in the core sense, and by extension hybrids.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melhisedek and Rahz

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
Absolutely agree, the amount of points is ridiculous and battle pets need skillful gameplay.
Having more specialized builds would do a lot for balance. I actually think the only way to get additional primary should be clades and your stats. As is you can get over 120primary points from an amulet, add the 60 from mastery on top and what was a pure foot build is now mounted.
For pets, i think maybe turning beast mastery/CC into some kind of Beast transformation skill would be more balanced. Fix the attack animations on pets and let pet users turn into their chosen pet so they cant deal 70dmg from behind their pet and are essentially a form of melee mage.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
They are incapable of making a fun sandbox experience that's why you're getting paragon levels and these ad-hoc cap increases. So the rat keeps the wheel spinning longer.

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
The thing with pets in my opinion is not a skillpoints issue but that the auto attacks do most of the dmg.

It should be the BM skills doing most of the dmg in pvp at least and therefor the auto attack dmg on players needs to be drastically reduced and focus cost of BM needs to be reduced to make them usable. They would need to rework quite a bit of them with buff timers, like where the animation of a charge takes 50% of the 4 sec duration 🤣When you need to actively aim you pet attacks like 99% of the discussion on pets would be solved and make it an worthwhile playstyle on top.

It would not really matter for the skills points on top because you can only actively play so many things but this click and forget pet thing needs to go.

azezal

Mar 27, 2024
The mastery system is just a way to make no lifers with 50k RMT trinkets even more OP.